It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has any of those mainstream "Ghost Hunter' programs actually given proof?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Has any of the Mainstream "Ghost Hunter" programs on TV actually given any proof, or the chills or even a WTF moment?

I hardly watch the show(s), but mainly because despite its been going on for ages they just are all self feelings, spooky music and etc yet not a single time has a ghost or entity been caught from their (lol) awesome instruments.

I would more put it to comedy... Since yes I laugh, but not with them but at them. Seeing some guy randomly state "Oh my gawd, what was that!? And a few seconds later run screaming out of the room while us people watching it on TV are like... 'Err yes what was that? I didn't hear or see anything, apart from really faked up pretending.

Why exactly do shows like these exist, despite the mainstream telling us that Ghosts, UFOs (Aliens), demons, etc do not exist, and are just all lies.

If these 'ghost hunter' shows actually got proof of ghosts or etc, would it even be aired? Or more likely in my opinion would be banned from being aired for it would be way too much for people to handle, and/or the total opposite of what these shows want.

Personally I think these shows are just a pretense game... And if what they were looking for were to actually happen they would never want to do it again, for fear of the unknown and being scared out of their pants or etc.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Aoxoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Yes, they have successfully proved they are fakes.

In the US they are all focused on their gadgets, in the UK they are focused on the spirtuality it and in Australia they turned it into a game show.

I noticed that about the different mainstream programs, Ghost Hunters in the US is all about gadgets, Most Haunted in the UK is about the spirtulity and the Aussie one I saw was a game show.

The Japaneese version would most likely have a ghost dressed up and roll you over some aligators then punch you in the nuts with a 10 foot boxing glove.

I prefer Most Haunted over all of them as they arn't trying to sell gadgets they focus mostly on the story than distractions with flashy lights and shiney things like the Americans do.

I think how the different programs present it shows a lot about their culture and their focus more than the actual program content.

Ghost reports / programming follow the same pattern of UFOl reports / programs, Cultural Tracking its called.

edit on 1-5-2011 by moogins because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The Ghost hunters show is a JOKE
I have forced myself to watch it and it shows no proof, bad acting. bad hair too

I can't believe any product would want it advertised during this show

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Unfortuantly then thats a shame. I figured however that it was just a farce and I guess for monentary gains.

I myself do not really believe ghosts really exist, but more that the deceased go to where they need to upon death despite whatever problems they had before death. They can (In dreams, as ive experienced) send a final farewell but thats it.

And no im not saying I actually experienced a ghost, but more of a vivid dream a day or two after my fathers death, that like normal dreams I cannot for the life remember apart from his smiling face.

Unfortuantly though its just a shame that shows that cater to those more (In my opinion) out there like us who dwell on ATS cannot rely on mainstream shows for information, but rather probably should avoid them alltogether if we plan on getting facts.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well if you consider EVP's to be proof then Ghost Hunters, and Ghost Adventures has a ton of proof. As far as video evidence they always see ghosts and they disapear as soon as they get there cameras ready, go figure huh.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
There was one or two videos captured in Most Haunted that I cannot explain neither could they, but the most part, Most Haunted has a good aptmosphere and that sets it apart from the others. I watch it for what it is, entertainment and aptmosphere, if something interesting happens, thats a bonus

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yes Aoxoa, GH and other shows have had several moments of very impressive evidence for the existence of ghosts. You can probably search youtube and find some good examples. The problem is that it's a TV show, so it's kind of hard to trust them to not hoax anything. It's worth watching if you have an interest in ghosts and aren't doing investigations on your own, but it's more "food for thought" rather than proof of anything. Everyone watching it should be skeptical of it's authenticity.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Once I saw an episode of Ghost Adventures where they visited an old plantation that was once home to slaves. They had lights flicking on and off and really loud voices you could hear on their cameras without evp analysis. Could have been faked but their fear was very real to me, probably the most intense episode of any ghost hunter show I've ever seen.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think these mainstream shows are fake, they always usually go to some old building, make up some bull story about it being haunted and then the hosts of the show scare themselves silly for our entertainment. Waste of time in my opinion, however there are one or two instances when I watched Ghost Hunters (the one with TAPS) I couldn't explain what was happening.

I do believe in Ghosts though.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It's TV. It's purely for entertainment. Even if something was caught on film it would be deemed a hoax or such because its TV. I would suggest going on a ghost hunt with a local investigation team, if you are truly interested in things that go bump in the night. I have seen episodes of strange happens, like the ghost caught on film by GA in their first documentary. But that's probably been debunked somewhere. I guess overall such things remain unbelievable unless you see it with your own eyes and such.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Check out ghost adventurers. They have some pretty good evidence. A brick being thrown, they caught a shadow hand, and a full apparition on camera. As well as countless EVP. Could all be B.S. though.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I myself am entertained by the crew on Destination Truth with Josh and Ryder. They seems to investigate several different anomalies, hauntings, and just weird stuff. I like the fact that they interview local residents and people who have recently lay witness to the subject of the show. Not sure what their backgrounds are but they seem to be pretty knowledgeable and usually consult experts to base their conclusions.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz
I myself am entertained by the crew on Destination Truth with Josh and Ryder. They seems to investigate several different anomalies, hauntings, and just weird stuff. I like the fact that they interview local residents and people who have recently lay witness to the subject of the show. Not sure what their backgrounds are but they seem to be pretty knowledgeable and usually consult experts to base their conclusions.

I enjoy DT as well. There was one episode where the one of the crew was lifted away out in a field, but cant remember where they were. But it was very strange.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Aoxoa

OP, I invite you to take a look at a little investigation I conducted on my own accord. I am not affiliated with any media outlets and am for all intents and purposes just a dude with a curiosity for this subject.

At your leisure, because it is quite a read, take a look at what I was able to record. Which despite the skeptical replies as well as battling my own logical thinking, I know what I heard...

I Discernibly Hear Dead People!! **Recordings Added, Pg. 2**

Respectfully,
UberL33t

ETA: oops almost forgot... S&F for providing me an avenue to post the aforementioned as well for the content that you have provided, it is appreciated by this one for time and effort alone.

edit on 5/1/2011 by UberL33t because:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The infamous halloween live episode will follow the TAPS team around for awhile. Alot of people questioned the validity of these shows afterwards.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by moogins
Yes, they have successfully proved they are fakes.

In the US they are all focused on their gadgets, in the UK they are focused on the spirtuality it and in Australia they turned it into a game show.

I noticed that about the different mainstream programs, Ghost Hunters in the US is all about gadgets, Most Haunted in the UK is about the spirtulity and the Aussie one I saw was a game show.

The Japaneese version would most likely have a ghost dressed up and roll you over some aligators then punch you in the nuts with a 10 foot boxing glove.

I prefer Most Haunted over all of them as they arn't trying to sell gadgets they focus mostly on the story than distractions with flashy lights and shiney things like the Americans do.

I think how the different programs present it shows a lot about their culture and their focus more than the actual program content.

Ghost reports / programming follow the same pattern of UFOl reports / programs, Cultural Tracking its called.

edit on 1-5-2011 by moogins because: (no reason given)

Stop making me laugh out loud, Im at work and getting funny looks.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Look at it this way, they're on TV. What do you want when you're working with television? VIEWERS. What do you do to get viewers? Almost anything. So I take everything I see on TV with a grain of salt.

So even if they produced some evidence, how do we know it's legit? It could be a simple ploy to get more viewers. But I'm just suspicious like that.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Look at it this way, they're on TV. What do you want when you're working with television? VIEWERS. What do you do to get viewers? Almost anything. So I take everything I see on TV with a grain of salt.

So even if they produced some evidence, how do we know it's legit? It could be a simple ploy to get more viewers. But I'm just suspicious like that.

Exactly.....and with TV comes a grand vision of franchise....and with franchise comes great wealth. Hats, T-shirts, big events (Taps con 2 for example), you name it. And apparently thats all you need to find out the biggest question humankind has ever had.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aoxoa

Aoxoa i think the current trend of popularity these shows are enjoying are because they are silly fun. my wife watches a few and gets the biggest kick out of them. personally, i think it is because they are so obviously for entertainment is the reason no news magazine show has gone after them, to debunk or expose them. even Geraldo Rivera leaves it alone heheheh!

i do enjoy the TV programs in which people with abilities assist LEO's in solving crimes. maybe they are all made-up, too. there are many reasons why TV is called the Boob Tube

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I've watched all these shows and the only one to me that has any credibility is A&E's My Ghost Story. The fact that they provide at least SOME kind of evidence from someone who is not a TV personality helps. They've had some pretty good stories on there with some compelling footage. Now the other ones, Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures are almost unwatchable. I stopped watching GH after the second season because it just was not credible (every place they go is haunted...right), and Jason is the biggest dick on TV. Paranormal State is so bad, I don't know how that abortion is still on and Ghost Adventures is so over the top. You have to watch it on mute because that tool Zack is always with the "DUDE!" and "OH MAN!".

My Ghost Story ftw.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join