It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERICA'S WORST NIGHTMARE home built h bombs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
they are saying that cold fusion is a new material for nukes.during the experimenting they had explosion killing 2.they probably have people in iraq in basements creating them.all u need is some cheap epment.it is also low in radialogy

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Can you back this claim up?

Maybe provide a link!

Asala

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
1] I wonder why this was posted is in "Politics & Scandals"

2] "Cold Fusion" is a theoretical process of fusion that is less hot than what normal fusion might be.
www.wired.com...

3] A fusion-based weapon is the most powerful, and hence, most difficult to make. www.aip.org... So we can assume they're not being made in basements.

4] Given the difficulty of creating a hydrogen bomb, it's not cheap to make.

Where have you heard this information of yours?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Now, when you say "they" it means you, right? If "they" were saying it I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now. You see, when I think of "they" i think of the media, who profit hansomely from the fear- the Terror if you will- of the American people. I'm sure if there were any reason to believe that you could nuke somebody with material pilfered from a radiology lab, the news would already have me shaking in my boots about it.

For that matter, if an individual could build a nuke, I probably would have been accussed of it during highschool. They certainly accussed me of everything else I could possibly have planned to do, and a few things that I'm not so sure I'm capable of.

Nukes are very hard to make. It took a lot of time for a lot of very smart people to build ours, then Russia's, and 60 years later it's still so hard to do that only 8 or 9 out of 190-someodd countries on Earth have them.

E_T

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
...only 8 or 9 out of 190-someodd countries on Earth have them.

Mainly because not every country has obsession for getting nukes!

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I certainly believe that cold fusion could be used to make a weapon, a very powerful one at that, but I doubt people are stockpiling them in their basements made out of old dinner plates & coffee cans.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Oh man. Someone needs a severe reality check.

Hold on to your tin-foil hat!

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Oh man. Someone needs a severe reality check.

Hold on to your tin-foil hat!

Even the so called cold fusion nukes are not as simple as they seem. ALL NUCLEAR WEAPONS ARE VERY COMPLEX!! What this mean is that unless you have special equipment and a team of scientists, you can't build a working Nuke of any kind. I agree, if your worried about a homebuilt H-bomb in your neighbor's basement, you overdue for a Major Reality Check!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Cold Fusion is from what I've heard, impossible.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kozzy
Cold Fusion is from what I've heard, impossible.

Correct
Even at this time, getting a stable for of fussion is near impossible, true scientists have achieved this, but only for a few fractions of a second.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarity
Correct
Even at this time, getting a stable for of fussion is near impossible, true scientists have achieved this, but only for a few fractions of a second.

A fusion bomb would for now be impossible to brew up in your basement. Assuming that you could even get your hands on enough weapons grade tritium, plutonium etc, putting it all together without a lab would be damm near impossible. Yall would be dead pretty quickly......

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Nukes are only effective as a deterrent because of fear. It doesn't make sense for stateless organizations to pursue this avenue of destruction when a pound of castor beans can produce enough ricin to create death on a smaller yet scarier level.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
Nukes are only effective as a deterrent because of fear. It doesn't make sense for stateless organizations to pursue this avenue of destruction when a pound of castor beans can produce enough ricin to create death on a smaller yet scarier level.

True. Sometimes chemical weapons can have an even more scary effect on people.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
True, how ever I feel that most stateless organisations would preffer to go for the visual impact of a nuclear weapon detonated on the ground, or prefered in the air...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If cold fusion is a real deal then that's all well and good for energy purposes, but it's still not too useful for a weapon. As proved by the fact that this guy didn't incinerate anything cold fusion isn't that hot(suprise suprise) and therefor has minimal destructive effects.
The cold fusion bomb capable of making people hot and thirsty in a 2 mile "warm" radius.

Now can anybody guess why normal fusion would still be very useful even if we got cold fusion working, the answer isn't that hard.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by datalife
they are saying that cold fusion is a new material for nukes.during the experimenting they had explosion killing 2.they probably have people in iraq in basements creating them.all u need is some cheap epment.it is also low in radialogy

didn't I see something like this on a episode of the outer limits TV show? Like building a cold fusion bomb is totally easy and any grad student can build one in their basement with basic house hold items. Why not post the directions for how to make this so everyone on ATS can lower their electric bill and sell some free clean energy. This Hoax post needs proof to be put up or should be locked up.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have visited numerous websites in search of data concerning cold fusion
(such as www.newenergytimes.com...) and I haven't found any claims about self-sustaining cold fusion required for bombs. The experiment results have shown only multiplication of input power (and not by big numbers). Achieving cold fusion also requires heavy water and rare metals (such as palladium). So, even if cold fusion existed, it couldn't be used as a power source for bombs by "people in iraq in basements".

There is more information about cold fusion in the ATS research forum (alternative energy topic).

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well considering nobody else has made cold fusion I doubt some Iraqis in a basement are going to invent it anytime soon. Plus I can imagine the materials for it are quite rare and expensive.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well seeing as cold fussion is something out of sci-fi we dont have anythign to worry about
The two forms of fussion are Magnetic Confinment and inertial confinement fussion.

Magnetic Confinment fussion uses magnetic fields to trap and hold the plasma since there is no substance on earth that can withstand the heat generated.

Inertial Confinment is all together more complicate and can fall under Laser Fussion and Ion-beam fussion... Laser fussion is more basically what "cold" fussion is based upon, which by the way is not cold as you might have guessed, the minimum temperature needed to creat fussion is somewhere above 100,000,000 kelvin...

df1

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The Progressive, a leftist magazine, published instructions on how to build a bomb in 1979. I formerly had a copy of that issue of the magazine which has long since been disguarded by me. I was quite to surprise to find an internet version of these instructions.
www.stopthebombs.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join