It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Who Saved Jews During the Holocaust

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Muslims Who Saved Jews During the Holocaust

Of all the stories of Righteous Gentiles who saved Jews during the Shoah, there’s one story that rarely gets told: the Muslims who risked their lives to save Jews. Norman H. Gershman’s photographic exhibition “Besa,” currently showing at the Soho Photo Gallery, redresses this imbalance, focusing exclusively on the unsung Albanian Muslim heroes who hid their Jewish neighbours from the Nazis, as well as thousands of other Jews fleeing across Europe, often at great risk to their lives. Read more: blogs.forward.com...

A Book Is Available..
The grand mosque of Paris : a story of how Muslims saved Jews during the Holocaust

During the Nazi occupation of Paris, no Jew was safe from arrest and deportation to a concentration camp. Few Parisians were willing to risk their own lives to help. Yet many Jews found refuge in an unlikely place, the sprawling complex of the Grand Mosque of Paris. Not just a place of worship but also a community center, this hive of activity was an ideal temporary hiding place for escaped prisoners of war and Jews of all ages, including children.

www.worldcat.org...

Short Exceptional Documentary

edit on 1-5-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Very interesting and that video was quite remarkable too.

Sadly many people on this site (although not all) don't like Muslims so that's probably why this thread hasn't got much attention.

However I can gurantee that if this thread was about Muslims who helped murder Jews for the Nazis then it would be flooded with flags, stars and countless comments.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by solid007

Wow, that is quite interesting. I always wondered if the middle east /Muslims or people of that region ever played a role in the holocaust, thank you for the insight. It's amazing how people are always going on about how Muslims dislike Jews, it's good to see that as always, it's not the case.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
They were essentially assisting their enemy from the love of God. This is the story of the good Samaritan and represents true belief in God.

Issac (Hebrews) and Ismael (Arabs) are brothers. Both believe in the Torah as a holy book. The Muslims believe that Jesus was one of their messengers. Jesus message for salvation was crystal clear...

LUKE 10
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[c]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

The Quran is a book about judgment of the nonbeliever. Without loving your brother and honoring your neighbor, the love of God is not possible. The Quran then becomes the judgment of the Muslim, Christian, or Jew who does not love their brother by living in peace with their neighbors. Hate is the opposite of love by degree. Hate leads to deception.

God is the judge and we are the witness.

Examine the verses above more closely and then read what follows. The Samaritan story in Luke 10 was about loving your enemy without duplicity. A Hebrew fell by the wayside and his fellow Jews did not stop to help him. Only his enemy, the Samaritan, stopped to help. Not only did he help, he offered to pay for his lodging and any expenses inured by the innkeeper. This is selfless love that is reflected in seeking the supreme good only. Good is its own reward in life.

Love your brother or you do not have salvation. Bias is the flaming sword that protects the tree of life. Love is the key. 1 Corinthians 13

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is one of the dumbest things I ever heard. Turkey was allied with the Nazi and most of the Muslim countries were as well, they hated the jews.
edit on 1-5-2011 by rdavis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

Wow, that is quite interesting. I always wondered if the middle east /Muslims or people of that region ever played a role in the holocaust, thank you for the insight. It's amazing how people are always going on about how Muslims dislike Jews, it's good to see that as always, it's not the case.

well... guess you never heard of ENTIRE muslim SS divisions like the handzar then... or the arab legions in africa like freies arabien.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Couldn't agree with you more. Central to all religions is the creed that one should care for another human being. However, there's religious fundamentalism across all faiths and it is sad that this site attracts so many people with steadfast blinkers that they cannot see beyond their preconceived ideas.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

well... guess you never heard of ENTIRE muslim SS divisions like the handzar then... or the arab legions in africa like freies arabien.

Ever heard of the British Free Corps?

Every nation and possibly religion (maybe not Jews) had some sort of alliance with Nazi Germany.

When did Muslims become the enemy of Jews? My guess is when they were given the go ahead to set up Israel, kicking out the Palestinians from their own land. Not content with that over the last 60 years they have decided to create settlements outside of Israel and inpinge on what little land was given to the Palestinians.

Why don't they leave these poor people alone? They take more and more land from them and then question why the Palestinians decided to fire rockets into Israel. Now I am no rocket scientist, but.....

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Yes, that also happened. It is well documented.
The world is not uniform - though Nazis or the current globalist brainwashing would sometimes have you believe that.
There are great humanist Muslims and there are people who act like Nazis.

I also kn ow about Turkish Jews being spared. Yet the Turks used to be cruel to Armenians and today they still condone the suppression of Kurds in great numbers.
The world is NEVER uniform, despite what dogmatic people would try to force you to believe.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rdavis

Can you substantiate your charges?
Let me quote:
"Turkish foreign affairs staff rescued thousands of Jews from concentration camps. Turkish universities beginning in 1930's accepted hundreds of academics, who were stripped off their posts in German universities. There is even a letter by Albert Einstein to then Prime Minister of Turkey, listing names of professors, who Einstein ask to be saved from death and be given a post at a Turkish university.

Among the Turkish diplomats who saved lives of thousands of Jews are Namik Kemal Yolga, Selahattin Ulkumen and Necdet Kent, who were honored with Turkey's Supreme Service Medal as well as a special medal from Israel for rescuing Jews during the Holocaust.

No alliance with Nazi Germany, except for a non-aggression treaty that was made in beginning years of the war, when Turkey was afraid that Germans would attacks this country founded 15 years ago, heavily affected by the WWI.

Turkey's Jewish population is the only one in Europe not affected at all by the Nazi era. There is 500th Year Museum of Jews in Turkey, celebrating the coming of Jews to Turkey escaping Spain."

Source: answers.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rdavis

You're completely wrong, Turkey was neutral until the very last moment of the conflict when they decided to join the Allies.

Prior to this Winston Churchill had visited Turkey in an effort to persuade them to join the Allied side.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I wondered how long it would be before posts would appear talking about Muslim SS divisions, in an attempt to divert the focus of the thread.

Because some people can't possibly comprehend the fact that Muslims would save Jews. Because it doesn't fit with their view of Muslims being evil, they refuse to believe it or even acknowledge it.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thank you for this post and keeping history alive.
I hope that in time more people will come together instead of hating based on the actions of a few extremists.

May this world and her people heal so we may unite as one!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well well this debunks the claims that all Muslims are genocidal freaks bend on wiping the Jews off the map

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Many people falsely believe Muslims to hate Jews when in fact, at least from my own experiences and observations, they dislike Israel and Israelis. In fact, it is solely because of Israel that there is any contention at all. People often mistake Judaism with Zionism, while the two aren't synonymous.

However, although many Muslims did side with Nazi Germany during the war, it was due to politics (particularly anti-communist sentiment), as opposed to theology or religion.

Anyway, what a wonderful story of human compassion. Thanks for sharing.

--airspoon

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

It's good to see that religion wasnt getting in the way of all the human violence that occured in WW2.

Actually i had a really strange conversation with someone the other night, it made me really angry, it wastn worth a thread but i thought i would mention it as this thread is regard to Jewish peeps...

I was my local bar on Friday night, it was pretty late and i was talking to these 2 guys i had met while outside having a smoke. We got onto the subject of religion and i was saying how i hate that religion has caused alot of wars etc etc.

This guy said he was Serbian and then later on he got onto the subject of Jews and how the wars are their fault and that the run the world
he was dead serious and i could tell he had a massive hate for Jews and he also mentioned Gypsies....

I didnt know how to respond as i have never had someone say crap like that to me face to face in a conversation
it is sad to see the hatred in this world.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join