It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart News ... brings back Deer Rifles with Scopes to boost sales & Our Customers are Running out

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Earlier you spoke about laws in your ignorant rant against gun owners. Well here is a law for you.

www.knowthelies.com.../3949

Live and learn ignorance benifits no one. By the way in case you didn't know the use of a double negative really changes what you want to say to something you didn't.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Curling1

beware of classified ads.... most are stings. I have heard from a somewhat reliable source.

all I can say about the above post is -- Japanese do not need guns. their population is one based in Honor.
America is one based in crime. and I agree, I could do with some more edumocation - I sort of went 100%
into computers in 1973... and I basically missed 8th grade through 12th. as most of my time was spent learning about computer science and very little else.
edit on 1-5-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

You keep going on and on about guns,rifles
and how bad they are.I have a question for you...
Does your daddy know that you're playing
on his computer?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I see you lived to post that.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Education is your friend.

"Hunting rifle":

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84174c56e459.jpeg[/atsimg]

"Sniper rifle":

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29ff9ca015b5.jpg[/atsimg]

They both kill you with the same .308 round. There is no such thing as a "sniper rifle", or an "assault weapon". These are political terms specifically designed to remove the rights of Americans.

/TOA

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
reply to post by Tephra

lets be honest here - you snipe deer...

I heard these guns not only have a shoulder thing that goes up, but they also fire anti-aircraft, baby-seeking cop-killer rounds from their extended clips. They call them 'incendiary rounds' and if you fire them into the ground they'll burn to the core of the earth. I heard this from an anti-gun person, it must be true thoguh.

No one needs such destructive power - except people who work for the government; and who love us.

There actually are incendiary rounds and they have been in use since WWI. They were originally made with phosphorus, but it's believed that the rounds the military use now are made with depleted uranium and other nasty stuff. They don't burn to the core of the earth, though. You would need much more DU to reach that far. Possibly even more than the DU that was laying around at the reactors in Fukushima.

You might remember hearing the term "bunker buster" in the media at the time of the Gulf War. Those bombs were able to destroy underground bunkers because DU is incendiary and the heat produced when they explode will penetrate the earth and anything that man can build underneath it.

Depleted uranium has also been used as a stabilizer in some Boeing aircraft. Some people believe the planes that hit the World Trade Center contained DU that burned all the way down to the ground and caused the buildings to collapse. Which would explain why first responders and clean up crew are starting to die from cancer now. This video shows a fire several stories below the impact site and you can almost make out the path it took to get there.

edit on 1-5-2011 by NE1911 because: embed attempt

There was much speculation at the time that the buildings burned so long because of the amount of fuel they carried. It is much more likely that it was actually depleted uranium.
edit on 1-5-2011 by NE1911 because: additional comment

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NE1911

Pretty sure Exuberant made that post in gest...there really was no need to correct him on a joke.
Just sayin'

As far as the OP...
Well I have seen what guns do first hand. I have seen it both in the military and civilian side working on an ambulance. I have taken care of the drug dealers, gang bangers, Iraqis and innocent victims alike. So your statement about people not supporting gun rights if they knew what they did is null and void. I continue to carry my Smith and Wesson .40 every day despite knowing the damage it can do.

Yes, we understand that you do not like guns. That's fine, you don't have to and no one is asking you to like them. Expect the pro gun people to come on here and dispute your anti gun rant, especially when you don't really know the difference between a sniper rifle and a hunting rifle.

Now, I think I am going to take the AR-50 down to the range and have some fun.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Acid_Burn2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
I can tell what kind of person you are by the fact you call any rifle, a "sniper rifle."

So are you calling gun owners dumb, or people not shopping at wal-mart dumb. Because that's what those two articles were about.
edit on 1-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

star

couldn't have said it better myself...

OP is a carebear

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
anyone that say's you 'snipe' deer or elk or moose obviously has never been hunting.

Typical anti gun thinking.

I hunt ever year, have bagged my share of all the above, and hopefully will again this year.
OOOOOhh the mean hunters...

hey where do they think the get the meat and food they eat? Ohhh its a store so its ok..

facts are facts like them or not, you have to kill something to eat, you do it or you pay someone to do it, i.e. grocery store. EVERYTHING we eat was alive at one time or another.
I prefer to know where my meat came from and what was done to it to get it ready for the freezer.

as far as walyworld selling the guns, well here in montana, they never stopped.
Not that i'd buy one there, but you can go now to the local wallyworld and take your pick of what gun you want.

edit on 1-5-2011 by severdsoul because: spelling

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I personlly own 3 fully auto select fire ak47s... One ar15, one PSL (dragunov clone 7.62x54r), 4 handhuns and thousands of rounds of ammo .. All legal. Im upper middle class and own em for 3 reasons.. Fun to shoot. I just like guns. And they are neccessary dor WHEN the shtf. Nwo aint gonna be usin sticks. Us vs them.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well, guess it's time to hide my militarized sling shot as I guess they will outlaw them pretty soon now...I knew I should have never painted that thing cameo and scoped that mother.....

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I believe when the OP stated that people around his area call it "sniping dear" he may be right. That may just be the lingo of some people. Like for example, when my friends and I want to go out looking for women we say "lets go get some snuss". Not the spitless chewing tobacco called snuss, but that's what me and my select group of friends say when we want to hook up with women. The same probably goes for the people that the OP is talking about. Just my 2 cents

edit on 1-5-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

They took guns out of my local WM to keep the inner city people from buying them, at least that's what a WM employee told me. There is a shooting just about every day up here so it would make sense (mind you i am in between Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo, all are about 1-2 hrs away and Detroit isn't that far either). It wouldn't be that hard to get one from WM if your friend worked behind the counter. Just saying. And a lot of people around here, especially in the city, could care less if they lose their jobs, they would just resort to selling dope.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Make no mistake my outspoken friends, when TSHTF believe me when i say, your views on the world and the knowledge you have as an adult will be useless. Guns are just tools (like an axe) its the humans who put and associate human qualities to inanimate objects for the sake of passing the buck.

"That gun is evil so its an assualt weapon...".....see my point? That adult vibrating pleasuing device is Evil cause it goes in naughty places." Whats the difference? We push blame consciously and sub-consciously to make ourselves feel better about having our misplaced ideals of acceptance bruised to the ego.

Make no mistake friends we are all ANIMALS.....no matter the civility we claim as that holds no presidence to our true animal genetics.

All those things you hold dear will disappear, you will revert to animal from civility. Any percieved order will only hold for a glimmer.....so a gun you may need....to at the very least protect that sanity which keeps you lucid. When you found and realized, you have nothing.

Any war is vulgar......the war of the mind and perception is no less vulgar. This will be your beacon of reason, so a tool you may need to protect from the other animals lurking about.

Guns are not the enemy...we are. When you take away a beauty queens car..she crys. When you eat a twinkie in front of a beauty queen that hasn't ate in 3 days...she attacks you for it. She doesn't have to hold a gun to come at you.

When the SHTF most dems will be looking for a life raft to latch onto i guarentee it..they know nothing else if thier voting record is any proof.

Have a nice day....

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well, pardon the pun, if we need oil cause we're running dry, we can always go somewhere and just take it right? I mean the only thing stopping us is the Idiots Club in D.C.! As far a a "Pearl Harbor" style event, who's got the hardware for that? If you mean a "terrorist" attack, Jihadist or some other form of hate club, drug cartel, Martians, Venezuela, hey, bring it on! at least we'd be able to declare WAR on somebody, and you just know how that picks up the old economy!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It seems that the OP's child minded insults and senseless rants may have played a key roll in his banishment.
Well done ATS.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
OP obviously does not handle firearms himself, but please OP if walmart actually does start selling sniper rifles such as this en.wikipedia.org... please PM. I might acually be able to afford to own a real sniper rifle if Wal-Marts sold them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join