It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart News ... brings back Deer Rifles with Scopes to boost sales & Our Customers are Running out

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
reply to post by wasco2

we dont say lets go deer hunting around here -- its lets snipe a deer or two. In response, there not much hunting something that is everywhere... you basically pick a good one to put in the freezer.... so whats up with the Hunting... you can get a couple from your back porch.
edit on 1-5-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

This is obviously trolling.

I don't even hunt and pretty sure you can't "snipe" a deer from your back porch unless you live way out in the middle of nowhere with no neighbors. There are tons of restrictions on hunting here in PA. I know there is something stating you can't be within so many yards of populated areas, just don't remember the distance, but I would think that's common sense.

I have not once in my life heard someone say "Let's go snipe a deer or two."

As I said, I am not a hunter but I live in an area that comes alive during hunting season. Tons of state game lands to hunt on. Everyone I know hunts and I have never heard that.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

yea, it's crazy for sure.... crooks dont get armed from Wal-Mart only honest sportsmen, citizens are required to report they are armed.
and the funny thing is - the law states you have a right to be armed - and no law will take that away... why all the laws... for something we have a right too. and when the laws are passed it only applies to the lawful citizen... really crazy crap huh..

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Reply to post by ISRAELdid911

Are you for real? It's like some crackhead circus the nonsense that falls from your mouth.

Militarized rifles
Deer sniping
Liquid nitrogen bullets

Maybe you're genuinely ill? If so I apologize for staring drop-jaw at the dancing clown.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I hate to break this to you...

You still have paperwork and background checks at a gun show. The local thugs on the street selling guns does not count as a gun show friend.

I just bought a .380 for my wife at a gun show. Still had to do all the necessary paperwork.

Originally posted by itsawild1
ONLY a fool would buy a gun from wallmart-
go to a gun show and buy one out of the eyes of your crooked government.Skip the backgroung check, and haveing your name entered into the fed data base-

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

ah ah ah ha ---- you keep thinking that....
surprise - surprise - surprise

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Please, I implore you...get a grip

yea, it's crazy for sure.... crooks dont get armed from Wal-Mart only honest sportsmen, citizens are required to report they are armed.
and the funny thing is - the law states you have a right to be armed - and no law will take that away... why all the laws... for something we have a right too. and when the laws are passed it only applies to the lawful citizen... really crazy crap huh..

edit on 1-5-2011 by Acid_Burn2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

Riiiiiiiight, and all cars are highly tuned Ferraris because they have wheels, and an accelerator pedal.

It would be good to learn some basic firearm knowledge before spouting off uninformed opinions.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Oh, are you really shocked... ? at the stuff that comes from me...? or are you trying to push my buttons..?
well, FYI - I am non-violent, I dont like guns, I dont like Obama - I cant do nothing about guns - and I cant do nothing about Obama... Now what I can do about, what I dont like is - WHAT...???
nothing ---- and guess what .... Times are Changing. time for change we can believe in

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Just an FYI. Most gun shows here in FL will have a few tables where individuals are selling their own guns. A face to face private sale between two individuals requires no paperwork. The only caveat is the seller cannot sell a gun to someone he has reason to believe is a felon.

This is the liberal's dreaded "gun show loophole".

Of course any gun dealers selling at a gun show must follow all ATF regulations the same as they would in their store.

And of course the same regulations apply to the private seller if he was selling over his kitchen table instead of a rented gun show table. Apparenty it only alarms liberals when done at a gun show.

edit on 1-5-2011 by wasco2 because: typo

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Reply to post by ISRAELdid911

What does that even mean?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

MallWart is very adept at adapting to the marketplace. Their customer base is running out of money. They will soon need to produce and hunt for their food. And so as to not lose the business to the sporting-goods stores they bring back deer rifles knowing the little money their customers have left will be go in that direction. This is just one in a long line of indications that the world, country and economies are going in the crapper.

It's all about the Benjamin$.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Good to know, I was actually unaware of that since I have only ever bought from dealers. Last few gun shows I was at here in PA was all dealers.

Thanks for the info!!

reply to post by wasco2

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thanks for editing the thread title!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

I'm not sure anymore, it started out to be just a Wal-Mart is the economy story - but the trolls wanted to earn their pay.... FYI - my budget for Editor and Publisher is NIL.... and unfortunately, I started school - right when they decided we were too smart. I guess, according to Charolett Iserbyt it was all done intentionally ... ?>??

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Lack of money is not the reason many people choose to not shop at Walmart. Twenty years ago, Walmart stores were full of pride, they actually sold items that were made in the U.S. and supported their local communities. Now you'll be lucky if you can find anything that is not made in China. The transformation of Walmart in the past two decades is very sad. My family chooses not to shop there because of their anti-american policies. If more people actually checked where their products were made, do you think they would still choose to shop there? The sad thing is that Walmart is not alone. Basically all your mainstream retailers sell products made in China. You practically have to do all of your shopping and research online in order to find it made in the U.S. This is the problem with the economy. The dumbing down of Americans buying only imports has cost our nation many jobs. The good thing is besides televisions, you can still buy everything you need that is made in the US. People need to check their labels everytime they shop. Start with clothes.
When you need new clothes, try buying American. Many people probably think their clothes are made in the US. The only mainstream name brand that is manufactured in the U.S. is New Balance and Red Wings. New Balance is starting to sell out to China. Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, Levis, Wranglers, etc. are not made in the U.S. Can anyone think of any other mainstream clothing lines that are?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

money.cnn.com...
money.cnn.com...

and it all boils down to.... three words.... Americans Are Dumb....

So is Wal-Mart sending a message or what... ?

Another baseless gun hater thread which invented a few key title words ("Sniper Rifles") in a desperate attempt to spin a factual story on firearms & the economy, into a strawman argument based on nothing more than the OP's fear & hatred of guns.

Simple fact is that this company is doing what any other intelligent, profit interested business should be doing (especially during this bad economic times); Break ties from the politically correct gun grabbing minority and to once again embarrass the vast majority & very profitable American gun culture, which is one of the few areas doing exceptionally well right now.

...But let me guess, you would rather a company lay-off thousands more people and see even more "dumb" American families go hungry before said company made the move to ever sell firearms, correct?

BTW, Americans are not "dumb", but I do have my reservations about the OP after reading your fear-mongering, anti-gun propaganda/rant.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BigJoninTexas

my cent i ments exactly, why save 3 cents today if its going to cost your 3,000.00 tomarrow. but people still want to keep up with the Jones, not even realizing they are killing themselves in the long run.
I try not to shop there - but in a small town like mine - Wal-Mart killed the variety of small mom and pop's that completed the economy around here... well the economy has been long gone - now Wal-Mart is the Economy and Mom and Pop's are not there anymore, and now Wal-Mart is fixing to start Consolidating... expect vacant towns across the land - when Wal-Mart Folds its operations - those towns have no other choice but to collapse.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The only PRO GUN People are those who have never had the experience of seeing what a Gun can do to something they care about. I fully, support the right to bear arms to keep the government in check. when push comes to shove - I prefer to be armed, just for my own safety... so I dont like guns, I tolerate guns as a necessity. (what this is like the third time I have commented on my feelings about guns).... I dont like them,
and the only reason I see the governments concern is they can't have thier one world order if the populations have the means of resistance. and firearms are somewhat resistant to electronic warfare. so they have a problem
with mechanical death devices.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hmmm... I am contemplating purchasing a long arm to hunt with actually two a shotgun for turkeys and a rifle for other types of meat but because the WM is going broke and NICS seems to be a problem for register for future collections maybe I should look at yard sales etc to avoid those hassels and if I don't take a hunters class who knows whom I will shoot like our former vice president following in his footsteps
I have never heard of sniping fowl or other food targets and the ammo that you list is only available to the military or on the black market Hell you have to have a class three FFL just to order tracer rounds from the manufcturer
This post is amusing
Yes some WM's are bringing back hunting rifles and in the area I live in it may be less expesive to get venison instead of beef
Also those of us that do hunt if not ready may need to pay to have the meat cut and prepared and stored
Oh and WM did NOT stop selling rifle scopes in my area during the period that they did not sell fire arms

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I bought a Rossi youth rifle from wally world.
I have bought ammo there as well.
I have not had the chance to try this rifle out yet,
I will sometime this spring.
Proud member of the U.S.C.C.A. and a proud
gun owning,christian grandma with a .38 in my
purse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join