It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plain Clothes Police Thugs Infiltrate Peaceful Ant-Royal Wedding Protest To Crush Freedom Of Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I was watching Dateline on SBS TV Australia. where they had a story on Royal Wedding Rebels.

The was a part of the story where there was a peaceful protest against the terrible waste of money on a royal wedding when some much of the country is having services cut because they alledgedly can't be afforded anymore.

The protest was surround by police even though it was a peaceful protest.

Suddenly somehow through an intense police cordination blockade alledged thugs got through to confront the protestors & through police moved into stop the trouble & violence.

How did they thugs get through such intense activity when the protestors themselves were thoroughly search by police & had plackards & flags confiscated.

Well it turns out the thugs were undercover police once again infiltrating a peaceful protest to discredit them & sow disinformation.

www.sbs.com.au...

There’s been no escaping the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, with a media frenzy surrounding the big day, but not everyone in the UK wanted to share in the celebrations.

Evan Williams meets some of those who definitely weren't on the invite list… from a rebel punk band to the maker of wedding sick bags, and those who think the best way of dealing with royals is with a guillotine.

Evan's also at a heavily policed anti royal wedding protest in London, where he thinks a group of thugs are confronting protesters, but after filming was completed, DATELINE LEARNT THAT THEY WERE ALSO POLICE OFFICERS.

To my English brothers ^& sisters I feel sorry for you living under such a fascist monarchy.

Additional Info
www.guardian.co.uk...

Royal wedding: police criticised for pre-emptive strikes against protesters

Officers use blanket stop and search powers and arrest 52 people across London

Police detain a woman dressed as a zombie on the royal wedding day. Photograph: Karel Prinsloo/AP

The protester had only got a few bars into his version of the Beatles' Yellow Submarine, recast as "we all live in a fascist regime", when the plain clothes officers moved in.

Inside Westminster Abbey, Prince William and Catherine Middleton were exchanging vows watched by millions, but in nearby Soho Square, the expression of different views by a few people met a robust and, according to some present, disproportionate response.

About a dozen policemen grabbed the singer, sparking a clash with his colleagues, changing the mood of a small and peaceful gathering as he was handcuffed and bundled away. "He had articles on him to cause criminal damage," explained Chief Inspector John Dale, to loud protests.

"You just incited a peaceful situation into violence," shouted a bystander.

"The police should be peaceful and respect our right to protest," said another witness, Jed, 19.

The action against the 10 or so people participating in the Right Royal Orgy in Soho Square was one of several pre-emptive strikes by Scotland Yard. Police said they made a total of 52 arrests including 13 at Charing Cross station, where people were found to have climbing equipment and anti-monarchy placards, in addition to 21 arrests during raids of five squats in London on Thursday morning.

Trouble flared at an unofficial street party in Glasgow organised through social networking websites. Strathclyde police said they made 21 arrests in Kelvingrove Park, for a variety of offences mostly related to disorderly behaviour and drunkenness.

A spokeswoman for the force said: "Police were aware of this unplanned, unauthorised event and put in place contingencies to ensure an appropriate and proportionate policing response."

Chief Superintendent Bernard Higgins, from Strathclyde police, said: "It's really disappointing that on the day of the royal wedding we witnessed the scenes we did. At one point my officers came under attack and one was taken to hospital suffering from a head injury. He has been discharged and will make a full recovery.

"We made a number of arrests at the time and we will now study CCTV footage and make further arrests if appropriate. The level of drunkenness was completely unacceptable and frankly irresponsible."

Four people were arrested the night before the wedding, three in London and one in Cambridgeshire, for conspiracy to cause a public nuisance and breach of the peace. One of them, Chris Knight, was planning to behead an effigy of Prince Andrew with a theatrical guillotine, in what his friends said was a piece of street theatre.

By the time the marriage vows had been made, the police had imposed a section 60 blanket stop-and-search order around the whole royal wedding zone, after a few individuals were seen putting scarves over their faces in Soho Square.

The move allowed officers to search people without discretion. It can be issued when police believe, with good reason, that there is the possibility of serious violence or that a person is carrying an offensive weapon. It was imposed along with a section 60a order, which allows officers to remove headgear and masks from demonstrators.

The powers remained in place for several hours, although the police said the mood in both Soho Square and at the Republican Tea Party in Red Lion Square, Holborn, was calm.

Officers also swooped on five people, three of whom were wearing zombie make-up, when they entered a branch of Starbucks on Oxford Street. They were arrested "on suspicion of planning a breach of the peace".

They were all handcuffed and held in a police van and gave their names as Amy Cutler, 25, Rachel Young, 27, Eric Schultz, 43, Hannah Eisenman-Renyard, and Deborah, 19, an anthropology student at the University of East London.

"We've been pre-emptively arrested under suspicion of planning a breach of the peace," Cutler told the Guardian from the police van. "We went to Starbucks to get a coffee and the police followed us in."

"We were just dressing up as zombies," said Amy, who was wearing a "marry me instead" T-shirt. "It is nice to dress up as zombies."

The decision to arrest people on Thursday in advance of them carrying out any protest drew an angry response from their friends and relatives. In Cambridgeshire officers arrested Charlie Veitch, an anarchist, for conspiracy to cause a public nuisance and breach of the peace. His girlfriend, Silkie Carlo, said Veitch had been planning to use a megaphone to make "ironic comments" in Soho Square. "I'm outraged. It's easy to hide all this behind the beauty and the spectacle and the tiaras of the wedding, but when people with opposing political ideas are being rounded up to keep them away from public view it doesn't make us any different from China," she said.

In London the daughter of Chris Knight, who was arrested with his partner and a friend, said the police were quashing freedom of expression. Olivia Knight said: "My father was going to take part in a performance. It was going to be in the great British tradition and was going to be playful, peaceful and satirical to highlight the obscenity of the royal wedding and the grotesque nature of the taxpayer having to pay for the Windsor wedding at a time of such austerity."

The Metropolitan police brushed off any criticism. Assistant Commissioner Lynne Owens, in overall charge of the policing operation, said it had been "an amazing success". It justified the police's preemptive action in the days and hours before the wedding and the decision to throw a Section 60 Stop and Search Order around the whole wedding zone.The Yard said the police action had allowed the demonstrations in Soho Square and Holborn to go on freely

edit on 1-5-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Happens all the time I'm afraid. Agent provocateurs are part and parcel of protesting. Remeber the millbank building getting smashed up by the students? Well a guy I know is friends with 2 of the undercover pig scum who were inside the building. They allegedly said that these kids would have done anything that they said. Telling them to throw printers and photocopyers through windows and go mad. And they did. The police want the confrontations, it helps them get the public behind them by making protesters look like a bunch of hooligans. How many posts on here do you see condemining or condoning violence at protests? (I fall into one of those catagories too) And how many of us stop and think that this is 100% orchestrated. Which it is. We all got to stop and think a little more. everything for a reason.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I was disgusted with what I have been seeing in regards to these arrests. The precrime of conspiracy to create a public nuisance. What a joke. Freedom of speech is only for the elite apparently.Hope my videos work because Ive never tried before.

I love the part around the 2 minute mark. When questioned repetitively about whether the guy behind the camera was obliged to reply, the police officer finally gives up, mutters and walks off.
I respect and supported Charlie Veitch ( from the love police) who was arrested at his home. I was outraged as I saw a Professor of Anthropology arrested for street theatre! All goods seized!

They arrested these people on conspiracy crimes! This is insane. There may be some people who come onto this thread and say that these people were planning to disrupt the wedding therefore deserved to be arrested. To that I ask you if the disruption was intended to be violent, I ask you if you aware how much this wedding has cost which has "disrupted" things, have you watched the unnecessarily violent arrests of people who had actually committed no crimes? It was like watching the secret service attacking people for singing! Wait a minute.... that is exactly what we saw

edit on 1-5-2011 by moonpie86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2011 by moonpie86 because: Im tired.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
So a protest can now be classed as a breach of the peace, very Orwellian. As was said in the
Guardian, rounding up and detaining those with differing political views
is something the chinese do. Makes me proud of to be British.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by moonpie86

Thanks for extra video. The corrupt plod who are the elitsts stormtroopers have soldout. No wonder they dispised so much The whole event reaks of fascism.

Arrest for breach of the peace for street theatre. What a crock of #^%$#@@%^

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

I'm sure that was said with major overtones of sarcasm (proud of being british on this topic).

Pity there is no way of highlightight the way something is written as sarcasm on ATS writing platform.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Yes it was sarcastic.
I'd be surprised if any other Brits here on Ats would support these pre emptive
arrests.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Its the norm for police in the UK. They have infilterated every movement with the aim of discrediting the movement. Kind of to justify their position in soceity. Im still waiting for the murderers of Ian tomlinson to be arrested and charged with his murder. But that will never happen.
Just a bunch of paid thugs. To become a police man in the UK all you need is to be big enough to beat any one who disagrees with the govt.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Looks like is a DoubleLL is propaganda/disinformation agent for the elitist trying to derail/discredit an important topic

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

You know what I say?

No visible badge, No authority.
edit on 1-5-2011 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

You know what I say?

No visible badge, No authority

Unfortunately the thugs with no badges were immediately backed up by plod with badges in this case.

But I see & appreciate where you're coming from.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
WARNING

All British ATS members. You are hereby on notice that this website will be censored from your ISP permanently due to suspicion of planning a breach of the peace among ATS members. Please report to your nearest Police Station for detainment.

Thank you for complying with big brother. This is for your own safety. Have a good day and please do not forget to watch the Royal Wedding being broadcast on all channels for the next three months 24/7.

"Well, that's one of the benefits of being a judge, Mr. Rice. I can... pretty much do whatever I want." -Law Abiding Citizen
edit on 1-5-2011 by idonotcollectstamps because: It's gonna be biblical

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It's a standard Police tactic to knowingly use tactics they know will be deemed illegal in the Courts by Judges, but by the time anything reaches the Courts it's too late. The event at which legitimate protesters where making their way will have been disrupted and the legitimate voice of protest silenced.

This is what you get when you live in the kind of world we've allowed to be created around us. I was speaking about this sort of thing 20 years ago and was shouted down as a "conspiracy nut", and that I was being "overly paranoid", yet look at how nobody in the UK campaigns about anything any more without excessive Police intervention, ridicule in the media, and other nasty black ops tactics.

Look at the price of fuel, local price for diesel is about £1.44 for a litre. roughly £6.54 for an imperial gallon (£5.45 for a US gallon). Or in US dollars thats $9.11 for a US gallon. In 2005 and 2007 we had protests that brought the country almost to a halt, and that was when the prices went above £0.90 and £1.00 respectively. Where are those protesters now? My guess is they are sat at home terrified to speak out in case the accidentally and brutally behead themselves while shaving, or their families are otherwise terrorised, abused, and/or murdered by shadowy figures. Once again, this is what you get when you live in the kind of society we've allowed to be created around us.

Thomas Jefferson stated succinctly the problems we face When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The cameraman was assaulted by the plainclothes maverick, the uniformed policeman did not address the cameraman's complaint should it have been valid or not... whatsoever. Just to think, only a few more years down the line, we have a new generation who will only know police tactical behaviour as we see demonstrated in the videos, dodgy and manipulating comes to mind. It's quite worrying in the way "Law and order" is being pursued nowadays, sometimes it's hard to distinguish between the protestors and police who the real F..up artists are.

top topics

join