It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's white house correspondents' dinner intro will make you puke

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I don't think his scriptwriters idea of what would be funny at this time in the U.S. was appropriate.

This just comes across as a very SMUG sob giving the finger in a very public way to many different people. Has he no dignity?

Like, did he release this birth cert a few days ago so he could crack jokes about it at a dinner party?

Why didn't he crack jokes about americas foes. Something the whole nation can laugh at together. He seems to be intentionally driving a bigger wedge between people.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well I thought is was funny as all hell.

From a comedic P.O.V, it is so over the top absurd to match the over the top nature of the charges

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

edit on 1-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

From a comedic P.O.V, it is so over the top absurd to match the over the top nature of the charges

My thoughts exactly. The people that are offended by it are the same people who had equally over-the-top displays of birther nonsense. It made the perfect counterbalance.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Janky Red

My thoughts exactly. The people that are offended by it are the same people who had equally over-the-top displays of birther nonsense. It made the perfect counterbalance.

Some people seeing Obama walking down the sidewalk - - would say the sidewalk is fake.

Its getting to be ridiculous.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Thats not true. I have never been a birther. You should not make sweeping generalizations about the people who found it offensive.

My being offended has everything to do with the timing of the event. Which I found to be in extremely poor taste. I also have not once criticized someone for finding it funny or disagreeing with my opinion that it was in poor taste. But I have argued several times with people who enjoyed it and who then went on to criticizing and making generalizations about those of us who did find it offensive.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I was thinking of the jabs at Trump in particular. If you are offended by the whole thing then I don't think you understand what the correspondent dinner was.

Timing? Did you see any of Bush's correspondent speeches? He joked about not finding WMDs, for crying out loud!

The correspondent dinner is a non sequitur of sorts and acts like a time-out to sort of get bearings straight again. It is not meant to be a serious commentary.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
This just comes across as a very SMUG sob giving the finger in a very public way to many different people. Has he no dignity?

"If Obama cured cancer, some people would shame him for putting all those cancer researchers out of work." ~Mr. Heretic

edit on 5/1/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I meant to comment on the Correspondence Dinner last night after watching it, but I have to say not only was I entertained by it, it really reminded me sometimes it's important to just laugh and relax a bit. I was sort of sad to see so many Birthers and Obama haters mad over the WH dinner.

Keep in mind I am concerned about the Birth issue too - And other concerns regarding his performance during his term (Thanks for leaving our men to rot in Afghanistan with little to no good reason for example). But other than that, yep I was highly entertained and thought the 'actual birth' video was pretty funny.

It was also sad to see people like Trump and O'Reilly unable to smile or laugh during the jokes. After watching Trump last night I am certain he has no chance at Presidency, if he were to run.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
My being offended has everything to do with the timing of the event. Which I found to be in extremely poor taste. I also have not once criticized someone for finding it funny or disagreeing with my opinion that it was in poor taste. But I have argued several times with people who enjoyed it and who then went on to criticizing and making generalizations about those of us who did find it offensive.

Maybe I am missing how the timing is off...

All I can say is I have a really sick and childish sense of humor for the most part.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
What a great video. I laughed throughout. Thanks OP for bringing this to my attention. Anyone notice that Trump never even smiled, let alone laugh; yet all the others that were roasted did at least smile...I guess the truth hurts some more than others.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
What a great video. I laughed throughout. Thanks OP for bringing this to my attention. Anyone notice that Trump never even smiled, let alone laugh; yet all the others that were roasted did at least smile...I guess the truth hurts some more than others.
I loved watching the two unfortunate looking women seated around him, watch his reaction to the roasting! Priceless!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Ahh I see.. my mistake!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Haha yes, those women right around Trump looked as if he might spontaneously explode at any moment. Pretty sure I saw bits of steam coming from his ears, too.
Impromptu roasting is exactly what that turned into.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Timing? Did you see any of Bush's correspondent speeches? He joked about not finding WMDs, for crying out loud!

The thread was not about Bush's correspondents dinner. It was about Obama's. And Obama was playing stand up comedian around or shortly after the time when the "allies" were bombing Gaddafis sons house and killing children.

I find that offensive. Im not telling you what to do. And I really dont appreciate those who want to condemn me for finding that offensive.

I am not criticizing those who found it all funny. Im not saying anything at all to those who just had a good time. Im only arguing with those who feel they have the right to tell other people what they should feel, or generalizing what "kind" of people might be disgusted by the revelry, or telling those of us who dont approve we all need to "lighten up." Or accusing me of "being on a high horse" or whatever makes them feel good.

Im not telling anyone what to do. I dont think its my business to tell people what to do, unless they decided its their business to tell me, even if in general terms, what I should do. Or what I am because of how I feel. Then its my business to say something.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I though it was funny as hell!
It shows the ridiculousness of what's important to the people in this country! It shows the gullibility of people where suspicions and rumors are concerned. It showed how utterly stupid the birther movement is. I loved it!

Actually, it shows how stupid ALL of it is...From the POTUS, down.
It shows what America has deteriorated into...it shows what TPTB consider important in a sociological
connection with piers. One could only wish it were a joke...but it isn't.

It makes me realize that the film Idiocracy just could become a reality...this country is well
on it's way and getting there quickly.

I could say more, but as someone said earlier...intelligent people know when to "shut up"...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Since you put it that way, right on. I've been offended when others just didn't seem to see my perspective so I get it.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

E very year no matter who the President this dinner is actually a roast. I have no idea why or when it started. I watched it when Bush was President too. Actually I thought it was funny. You have to remember these are politicians not professional comedians even though the lines are definitely beginning to blur.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It was funny as hell watching Trump getting exactly what he deserves. The whole thing was funny, and yes it's ok to laugh at birthers because honestly what else can you do?

and in case anyone missed the several other posts that mentioned it...the correspondents dinner is meant to be comedic.

...also it was NATO that lead the strike that killed Qaddafi's family members and the UN that rejected his cease fire terms, and Qaddafi who slaughtered his own people after offering a cease fire that started this whole mess.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
TPTB can't protect this smug Bastard forever.....One day he'll be smiling out his other crack....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join