It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's white house correspondents' dinner intro will make you puke

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
i am not from america. looking at that opening song again he is actually ripping the absolute s**t out of america. he almost looks like he is laughing at many elements of american life.

its very easy to make fun of the U.S. but i don't think the prez of the U.S. should be doing it?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
i guess i'm the only one that understands that this dinner happens once a year, and is meant to be funny, or at least have 1NIGHT where a little humor is thrown into the mix. bush attended these as well as the other presidents for the last few decades. to somehow equate this with the other 364 days of the year of being serious is a mistake. actually, i thought it was rather tame.
even folks that are in desperate shape, have at some time been able to laugh, and more than just once a year.
edit on 1-5-2011 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

This woulda been way better if Hulk Hogan came out and leg dropped everyone

The WWE loves to go out with gimmick matches could this be a future match, Obama/Biden vs Hogan/McMahon at a future wrestlemania. Now that would be worth paying for.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm absolutely NO Obama supporter, but I'm pretty sure this is fake. I mean, it has to be. I really don't know what else to say.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I though it was funny as hell!
It shows the ridiculousness of what's important to the people in this country! It shows the gullibility of people where suspicions and rumors are concerned. It showed how utterly stupid the birther movement is. I loved it!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

You can always find a means to justify this azz hat that we call a president, And Jim Carrey is not our ###### president,barry, i dont have a clue who the hell you are is

The country burns and these children are in charge of our government, some one let the D.C. elementary into the white house,as they would have more kooth and understanding in what the hell to do

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
the rest of the speech was somewhat entertaining but that intro was awful. This guy is not an American no matter how hard he tries. Well, let me rephrase that: he is an American, laughing in the face of total collapse.

Yeah. I had just left the thread in which we were discussing the possible death of Gaddafis son and granddaughters and turned on the TV as I got into bed. I had left it on CNN, apparently, because what did I see? Our President speaking of the gravity of the situation in Libya and the Mid East?

No.

Our President doing stand up comedy for a bunch of people including Donald Trump.

It disgusted me. On a deep and profound level I was offended as a human being.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

i am not from america. looking at that opening song again he is actually ripping the absolute s**t out of america. he almost looks like he is laughing at many elements of american life. its very easy to make fun of the U.S. but i don't think the prez of the U.S. should be doing it?

Very good observation there. To bad many Americans do not open their eyes to see that he is our president yes but he seems more apt to vacationing and starting his campaign for 2012 then he is about taking care of the problems we face daily here. One of the biggest problems he needs to address is the rising gas prices. Many americans have blinders on and do not want to admit that he has yet to address the real problems that we are facing. Just my .02 cents on the subject.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i guess i'm the only one that understands that this dinner happens once a year, and is meant to be funny, or at least have 1NIGHT where a little humor is thrown into the mix. bush attended these as well as the other presidents for the last few decades.
Yeah, but jimmy, you don’t understand. When other Presidents did this it was acceptable and funny, when Obama does it it’s a mockery of the United States and the office of the President.

How can you not see that?! It’s so obvious!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
complete & total humiliation of birthers & especially Donald Trump.

nobody is prouder to put this birth certificate to rest than the Donald. Thats becuase he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter like did we fake the moon landing

The birthers have just destroyed any chance the GOP had of winning the election. The Dems will mercilessly beat them with the birth certificate stick over & over. This is gonna be good.
edit on 1-5-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

hahah i agree 100%! awesome video. donald trump was made to look like a complete clown! well done barack!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by aptness

Who says its acceptable when any President is doing stand up comedy while our troops are being used to assasinate a world leader and his family?

I dont. You are a smart guy aptness, in terms of law, but a lot of us dont buy into the two party fallacy, so dont impose it on us. In legal terms, you are assuming facts not in evidence.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

If you don’t feel my post reflects how you act, then you shouldn’t be offended by it.

My point was simple. How many threads were made concerning President Bush’s appearances on these same White House correspondents’ dinners while he was in office and “using our troops to assasinate a world leader and his family”?

Was there any outrage when Clinton did these dinners? Bush I?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by aptness

Why shouldnt I be offended by a sweeping assumption that criticism of President Obama must mean you are a supporter of the other corporate owned party?

Im here to deny ignorance. Not ignore it.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by prizim

hahah i agree 100%! awesome video. donald trump was made to look like a complete clown! well done barack!

Complete clown you say. Well that clown did what many others couldn't do and that was make Obama show his so called BC which is still questionable to some, where no one else has been able to get him to do.Funny but Obamas transparent government is as transparent as black paint on a window. Not very transparent if you ask me?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well I thought it was frightfully funny.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Why shouldnt I be offended by a sweeping assumption that criticism of President Obama must mean you are a supporter of the other corporate owned party?
You shouldn’t, because that’s not what I meant.

What I meant by my post is that everything this particular President does, including the same exact things other Presidents did, is criticized using a different standard, it seems.

I don’t think Obama is a particularly good President, he has been disappointing on many things that are dear to me — namely when it comes to the rule of law — nor did I vote for him.

My post and insinuation has to do with the different standards, not if what he does is worthy of criticism. If you think this is absolutely unacceptable, that’s fine, but why didn’t you feel that way when Bush or Clinton did it?

Maybe you personally did, and at least in that regard you’re principled, but my post wasn’t directed at you personally, and you know very well what I’m talking about, because you’re an intelligent member and have been here on ATS long enough to know what I’m referring to.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

What sickens me is you people who fall for the good cop bad cop politics of today. Your country is gone, what you are watching ARE events that keep you all appart, separated into thinking your party is right. All government polititions are criminals , treasonous, killers, enablers, WAKE UP! divide and conquer -you are all divided and conquered, you all know and have enough information to make a real desision like our for-fathers did, however you are all cowards to act-afraid of shaking up your lives-afraid of the wispers behind your backs in your communities. Articles like this reafirms you all are uneducated to the real world-scratching the surface of life, to lazy to really find out the truths and too cowardy to act.
The young of today deserve to get the world they live in today-We stopped viet-nam in my days of youth, but our stupid youth who are educated even more have 3 wars going and the continue to rush to sign in to the hero worship of the soldier nwo!! YOU WILL pay for these wounded-mamed and DTSD because they all of a sudden learn they sold their sole by killing woman and children to get at a few terrorists. REAP WHAT YOU SOW!!
Soon all your tax dollars will go to your WAR GODS-and when you get older and they deny you health services-a place to live-JUST help- you will REAP IT AND DESERVE IT!!
Take to the streets again, or go on grazing waiting for the slaughter

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by prizim

Originally posted by yeti101
complete & total humiliation of birthers & especially Donald Trump.

nobody is prouder to put this birth certificate to rest than the Donald. Thats becuase he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter like did we fake the moon landing

The birthers have just destroyed any chance the GOP had of winning the election. The Dems will mercilessly beat them with the birth certificate stick over & over. This is gonna be good.
edit on 1-5-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

yet again for all the people who totally agree that he is so funny and correct OBAMA made fun of you as well please watch the video again. He told trump he was a conspiracy theorist and openly mocked everyone on this site yet for some reason you morons don't get that. I hope for his sake there is no conspiracy to kill him because i sure as hell will not be looking into it and will openly mock the people who post anything about it and i will use his own words from that video to knock down any posting on the subject. if he happens to end up like jfk which i wouldn't wish on any president no matter how bad
edit on 1-5-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
yet again for all the people who totally agree that he is so funny and correct OBAMA made fun of you as well

I am strong enough to take it! Are you? Oh, never mind...

Conspiracy theorists need to be made fun of now and then. We all do. It's keeps things real. No one is perfect and we all do stupid things. Having someone point them out is not a crime. It's not necessary to be offended. That's each person's choice. See my signature.

He told trump he was a conspiracy theorist and openly mocked everyone on this site yet for some reason you morons don't get that.

And you just called us morons... What's the difference? Oh, yeah, that's right. It's OK for YOU to mock us, but if Obama does it, it's offensive and wrong! :cry:

I hope for his sake there is no conspiracy to kill him because i sure as hell will not be looking into it and will openly mock the people who post anything about it and i will use his own words from that video to knock down any posting on the subject. if he happens to end up like jfk

Oooh! Scary! You'll show him, won't ya?
And you'll show us, too! You'll show the whole world!

Lighten up people! Buy a sense of humor if you have to.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

your first epic fail is assuming all people who come to ATS are conspiracy theorists. They're not

your second is to assume every conspiracy theorist buys into the moon hoax, birther, tupac & roswell conspiracy theories. They don't

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join