It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's shot at Trump was justified

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I've noticed a lot of people dissing Obama for fighting back against the birther-mania led by Donald Trump.

I think that Obama is justified here.

Before you start calling me names and accusing me of being an Obama supporter, consider the following:

I never would have said the same thing when Bush was in office. I was much like some of you with a similar response ("look at the macho bravado! what an embarrassment!") a few years ago. I hate to admit it but Bush may have been justified in his behavior too. When I look at what Obama has to deal with nowadays, I also think that his reactions have been justified.

When someone is constantly nagging you to give them a bone, you have every right to be frustrated. You have every right to respond in a manner that those people may not like.

I've noticed some people say that Obama was too intellectual or "arrogant" in his response to Trump.

I say, well look at what people like YOU put him through! You hound him about his bc. You hound him about the economy. You hound him about war.

What do you expect him to do? Lie down and take it like a dog?

Of course not!

That is why he reacted the way he did to Trump. Trump wouldn't let the issue go so Obama releases the bc. What does he get? More birther finger-pointing. More nonsense. Obama calls out Trump in public. What does he get? More birther complaining. More anti-intellectual responses.

It gets to the point where the man just cannot win no matter what he does.

Have any of you stopped to think about this?

What would you do if you were the leader of the free world and someone like Donald Trump decided he was going to make an issue out of a non-issue?

That's all I ask. Go ahead and flame me all you want. If you do, then you've proved the point I'm trying to make.

I know I've angered some of the bc people and make no apologies for it.
edit on 1-5-2011 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
i dont really see why we need ANOTHER thread on obama telling off trump
you could have just added this to every other thread

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

I'm sure I could have but when you see the enormous amount of birther threads in Political Madness, wouldn't you say the same?

If we put aside all the TPTB/NWO/Illuminati talk, Obama is still a human being that reacted in a very human manner.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
If you didn't realize by now that this is all just a distraction, a planned out debacle between them, you still aren't aware yet.

Presidents aren't really presidents anymore. They are puppets, chosen by their masters based on their projected popularity with the masses. Obama has no power, he doesn't make decisions, he doesn't write the words he speaks(the whole point of the thread is laughable in this regard.)

Presidents are nothing, they don't exist anymore. Only THEY matter.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Well DUH!

Totally missed my point though: Push someone into a corner long enough and they'll fight back.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
If you didn't realize by now that this is all just a distraction, a planned out debacle between them, you still aren't aware yet.

Presidents aren't really presidents anymore. They are puppets, chosen by their masters based on their projected popularity with the masses. Obama has no power, he doesn't make decisions, he doesn't write the words he speaks(the whole point of the thread is laughable in this regard.)

Presidents are nothing, they don't exist anymore. Only THEY matter.

I agree. When we pay attention to these things, it just adds fuel to the fire. What we need to realize is that we can extinguish this fire completely by just ignoring anything the mainstream media dishes out. There are more important issues at hand besides Donald Trump's haircut or our president's forged birth certificate.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

They all play the role they are suppose to play.

Just one big happy playful family.

One blood line > many diffrent colors.

They all family in some way down the blood line of life...all of them.

'laughing'..but not out loud.

Its nothing but a game:>to all of them.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

This would be possible...in a perfect world.

And no such thing exists.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Eligible or not, birther or not, if the MSM start reporting BO comments and references to DT at the luncheon, I would hope that if DT has any balls and any "dirt" on OB to back it up, he might have a few things to say over the coming days and weeks.

I'll be watching this space

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

True but this isn't my point.

I already said that if you look past the NWO/TPTB/Illuminati hype, you will see one human being calling out another human being in public.

This happens all the time. It's not a conspiracy.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
But did he really take a shot at him?

Or was it some other guy's work he was reading?

With that in mind, I don't think Trump would be too upset. Even still, it's Obama - and he's a failure whereas Trump is an American Success.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
"As a developer, Donald Trump has done so much damage to the New York skyline, instead of calling him 'The Donald' they should call him the 20th hijacker." - Gilbert Gottfried

I am curious where the line is. To the people getting upset over Obama's little comedy bit- Is it just Obama that is not alowed or is it that his jokes were too harsh or what?

Originally posted by Exuberant1
With that in mind, I don't think Trump would be too upset. Even still, it's Obama - and he's a failure whereas Trump is an American Success.

Really? President of the United States of America vs. reality tv show star?
American Idol has done far too much damage.
edit on 5/1/11 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

A success?

I wouldn't call someone that constantly files for bankruptcy a "success".

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Maybe so, but shouldn't he at least get a refund?

Recipients include Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (Nev.), former Pennsylvania governor Edward G. Rendell, and Rahm Emanuel, a former aide to President Obama who received $50,000 from Trump during his recent run to become Chicago’s mayor, records show...

...make up what looks like a Republican enemies list, including former senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.), Sen. John F. Kerry (Mass.), Rep. Charles B. Rangel (N.Y.), Sen. Charles E. Schumer (N.Y.) and the late liberal lion Edward M. Kennedy (Mass.)...

...Democratic Senate Campaign Committee of New York, which has taken in more than $125,000 from Trump and his companies. Overall, Trump has given nearly $600,000 to New York state campaigns, with more than two-thirds going to Democrats...

Ron Bonjean, a GOP consultant and former Capitol Hill aide, said that “it will be hard for him to spin his way out of direct campaign contributions” to Reid and other Democrats....“He may be giving this money to Democrats because it helps his business, but it will be a big deal to Republican primary voters.”

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

True but this isn't my point.

I already said that if you look past the NWO/TPTB/Illuminati hype, you will see one human being calling out another human being in public.

This happens all the time. It's not a conspiracy.

TextIt's not a conspiracy.

It’s never a conspiracy with me, I always speak the truth.
But the truth is.
To see a room, with a bunch of white people ,and a Black President, Enemies and foes ,all laughing together after so much rhetoric and tension over the last 7 months. PRICE LESS!

It was in a four hour span of the lives of every body in that room, to just…be a human for ounce, let your heart breath and your mind be free, and all the phony names that separate humans from humans.

‘Republican, democrats white ,black ,green ,the barters, non birthed, tea party, NAACP….AND all the other groovy names your god puts down here for you all TO SPEAK FROM TONGUE.

Its good to see laughing, its even extra good when you see some body trying to hold it…and they just cant.
‘Laughing ‘

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Or perhaps this lends credence to the idea that Trump is staging this to benefit Obama?

Again, no one gets what I'm talking about regarding the "arrogance" of public officials that are goaded by people. I give up on logic. It is of no use on a forum like this.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

First off, you are an Obama supporter. To even suggest otherwise is an insult to anyone on these boards who take the time to read the post. Your opinions are all over these boards and you consistently support what Obama says and does while you call the rest of us names and tell us we are mentally ill. Yet here you are, with the nerve to say

Before you start calling me names and accusing me of being an Obama supporter, consider the following:

I will consider what your saying, but lets not pretend you are someone else eh?

Secondly, you are seriously one deluded individual, and this thread is one of the more pathetic attempts I have seen to justify this President. You really want us to feel some sympathy for him? Let us look at what he has to deal with, as you said yourself he has people "nagging" him about the economy. Well, Obama KNEW the economy was a disaster when he was campaigning to become President. He knew exactly what he would inherit if he won the election. He embraced the challenge and promised changed. Now you really want to suggest that he is some type of victim here when he knew what he was walking into? That is like a Firefighter who is burned suggesting that he had no idea that one day he might be burned fighting a fire.

People hound him about his Birth Certificate.. so what? I get hounded by the DMV for mine if I want to be able to drive to work. Why wouldn't someone who is going to be the leader of a country have to do the same? When I get a job, I have to prove who I am. I have to prove I am a legal citizen. I have to fill out a ton of paper work. I have to produce documents. So Obama has to do the same and people cry foul? Why shouldn't he have to do the same thing as I do? What makes him so special? The fact is, Obama could have settled this a long long time ago if he wanted to. Instead he chose to ignore it and in doing so allowed the situation to fester and grow. He did it himself, I have no sympathy. If I tell you the stove is hot, and your dumb enough to reach out and touch it and burn yourself. I am not going to cradle you and tell you it is all ok. Instead I will laugh at you and say, "That's what you get."

We hound him about War.... why shouldn't we? When Obama was campaigning he promised to get us out of War. He promised to bring our troops home. He broke that promise. Why should he not expect backlash? I don't know about you.. but I was taught to never break a promise when I was like 3 years old. It is a very basic concept. Are you married? If so, why dont you tell your wife you promise to be home by 7pm and then stay out all night and come home at 6am and let me know how it works out for you. I am sure she will see things your way and not "hound" you for information about where you were and what you were doing when you promised to be home.

Obama should expect to be hounded from all ends at all times. That is the price you pay in Public Service. It is no different for anyone else in Government. Call your Congressman sometime and ask him if he feels hounded.

Now you ask, what do I expect him to do? I expect no more from him than I do anyone else in this world. Show me the same respect I show you and if you say you will do something, do it. That is all I expect from anyone and this President has failed.

As far as him popping off to Trump.... who really cares? Trump has been popping off every chance he has had. It is all part of the show of American Politics Entertainment, and while these two puppets sit around mouthing off to each other and all the sheep and talking heads sit and gossip about it, no one is focused on the real issues. No one is talking about the economy and how to fix it. No one is talking about how to bring manufacturing back to the US. No one is talking about how to repair our infrastructure. No one is talking about why are students in public schools are not as bright as a small appliance bulb. No one is talking about the fraud being continued by the Federal Reserve. No one is talking about the robbery taking place on Wall Street. No one is talking about how to bring jobs back to Main Street.

Now go ahead and ignore my post and every point I made or tell me how I'm racist or tell me that I am a mentally ill "birther". That is usually what you do anyway, even though I am actually not a birther

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by questcequecest

I'm sure I could have but when you see the enormous amount of birther threads in Political Madness, wouldn't you say the same?

If we put aside all the TPTB/NWO/Illuminati talk, Obama is still a human being that reacted in a very human manner.

You really do have a point there. People should hold themselves to the same impossible standards they expect from Obama but when your end goal is to "demonize" or discredit alone there will always be the next thing he does wrong. Now it seems the man regurgitated and it is the latest hot item off the presses. Makes me wonder who these people are? Brave of you to swim against the current here with this one. Kudos!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I think your post is offensive defensive and inflammatory. It is also personally directed at the author which I find reprehensible. You have every right not to like this President but to stoop to the level of attacking and disparaging individual citizens while they do nothing worse than make a reasonable argument to defend one incident simply because YOU detest the man is simply despicable, cowardly and uncalled for in my humble opinion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join