It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL DRAFT RECAP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Id like for any football fans to help recap the draft in regards to your favorite teams,who you think were draft steals and potentials busts and how well you think your teams did in the draft.!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

My friend.. I would like to choose... but I think it's all so fake.. it kills the spirit of the game..

It's all for money man.. U see?

No Money? No NFL... What happened to "Love of the Game"?

It's all rigged now.. it's ridiculous

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by heavenlysouldier

i dont beleive its rigged in any way,but i do beleive that money has become nfl players fuel,a fuel that used to be passion for the game.But with the draft comes new players,new dynastys!The whole laber situation is the ultimate example of american greed,two groups of grown men who arent willing to sacrifice a couple thousand dollars of their millions for the sport they love...Good times, Bad times...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
While money and greed have definitely tainted the game, I still love football. There are still plenty of guys who are playing for the love of the game, and I hope they can get this lockout nonsense figured out pronto.

In regards to the draft, I am a die hard Denver Bronco fan and I havent been this happy about a draft in a LONG time.

Von Miller = BEAST

We picked up 2 safetys in Carter and Moore, both of whom should be able to contribute right away.

Orlando Franklin looks solid. He should start right away.

Ive heard good things about Nate Irving at MLB. John Elway and John Fox said he was their highest rated ILB.

We also picked up 2 quality pass catching TEs, another LB and a decent DE. I didnt feel like we reached for any picks because of needs, and we got good value. Overall I'm very impressed with EFX (Elway-Fox-Xanders), and its a breath of fresh air after these last two years of Hurricane Josh (McDaniels).

I was surprised that Detroit managed to grab Fairley. Their D is looking Scary!!

Also, glad to see alot of teams still having QB needs. Kyle Orton is good trade bait. Then RELEASE THE TEBOW. Hopefully he can perform. If not maybe well get lucky and draft Andrew Luck.

Aight, thats the end of my rant...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ASeeker343

Vonn miller is a definite beast, i was hoping he would fall to the cardinals but patrick peterson is just as good!Nate irving wouldve been 2nd next to quan sturdivant but some off-field legal issues allowed quan to drop super low,cardinals nabbed him in the 6th.Broncos really focused on defense and really filled some holes.I expect them to be strong on D.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

As long as we can plug the interior D-line they should be ok. The cardinals got a definite steal with Peterson. In a perfect world the broncos would have gotten Peterson, Miller, and Daureus haha. Im still happy with how it played out though. The cardinals just need a QB now. How bout Orton?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Lol i dunno about orton hes below average to me,i dont watch the broncos much but last year when tebow got to play i was watching with wide eyes!i dunno why i just like that guy.haha.Cardinals dont need a QB as bad now, they needed one the second half of last season..They drafted a QB named john skelton last year and he had a few starts and TDs..I think he'll be MUCH better this year now that hes had time to develop ,he reminds me of ryan mallet,hes pretty tall and doesnt move well,but he has a cannon for an arm!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Haha ya i was halfway kidding about Orton. I dont like the guy. I agree about Tebow, hes just a primetime player. He definitely reenergized the Denver fan base after the coach got fired. The last 3 games of the season werent such a chore to watch. And honestly I think Skelton has some potential. He actually played pretty well against Denver when they played. He didn't throw any TDs but he made plays. Hes gotta be better than Derek Anderson eh?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

LOL i honestly think that aliens confiscated derek andersons brain and swithced it with a noobs!!he was really good in 07-08 with the browns,like beast mode good that season,hes come nowhere close to that since!If you go to bleacherreport.com theyve got some excellent reviews on both of our teams drafts.Vonn miller and patrick peterson are expected to own their current franchise records vonn miller in sacks and tackles for loss,and peterson in interceptions and defensive TDs.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Nice. Well lets hope they start racking up those records as soon as their rookie seasons start!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

They better!nfl season is too damn short!there isnt crazy 10 game winning streaks to clinch a wild card like in baseball.haha.i feel bad for you though..Your team is in a TOUGH division.raiders and chiefs were ranked 1 and 2 in rush offense and philip rivers is said to be the best non superbowl champ QB in the nfl..lol.The worst thing in the cardinals division is sam bradford.and in the 2011-2012 season the cardinals have the easiest schedule of all 32 teams according to espn!lucky us haha

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Hey after the last two years, if the Broncos can just win some games and gain some ground I'll be happy. Its taken way to long for the team to admit it needs to be rebuilt to contend. Thats why Shannahan failed and got fired, and thats why McDaneils got fired. Well he got fired for alot of reasons, but its not a very tall order to improve on last season for the broncs haha. I think Elway is doing it up right though after the draft.

The cardinals have a decent shot at the division this year. St Louis will be better, but im not sure about seattle or sanfran. Thats definitley not a powerhouse division. Neither is the AFC west though either. I agree that the teams are tough, and KC and oakland have improved alot, but I would be surprised to see any of those teams go very far in the playoffs. SD has a shot but they just seem like choke artists to me haha.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
i wish todd haley would leave the chiefs and come back to AZ.hes the reason we got to the superbowl,lol,hey i dont know if you watched the chiefs vs ravens playoff game but if you did i noticed todd haley clearly said I WISH I WAS IN ARIZONA after a kansas city turnover,lol the camera zoomed on his face to show his reaction to the play and you could easily read his lips as he said it! lol

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Haha thats awesome. And ya I agree, hes not a bad coach at all. KC is actually making alot of improvements themselves, I'm not sold on Matt Cassel at all though. I think he got way overhyped and overpaid. He cant play dead in a western as far as im concerned

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Your right,matt cassel isnt super great,hes a bit like like kurt warner,hes only good when the team has a good run game and you give him good targets to throw to..jamaal charles had a beast season rushing,and dwayne bowe was great as a receiver,but they lacked a great receiver on the opposite side of the field,that REALLY limited their passing game,thats why they drafted WR jon baldwin in the 1st round,he gunna be great,he reminds me of andre johnson from the texans!

new topics

top topics

join