It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecuador Volcano Erupts with Vehicle-Sized Projectiles landing as far as a 1 mile radius

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Not much to add about this volcano other than there's been activity since 1999. but never like this...

" An active volcano, named Tungurahua or Throat of Fire, has been erupting for the past several days in Ecuador.

This volcano has been active since 1999; however, recent eruptions have caused more widespread problems.
Such problems include closing local schools for the past three days, according to The Associated Press.
On Friday, the mountain began to launch projectiles the size of automobiles. These large Pyroclastic boulders were flung more than one mile from the volcano at times and caused craters up to 33 feet wide where they landed.
The area around this volcano, which is located roughly 84 miles southeast of Quito, Ecuador, is sparsely populated.Regardless, more than 300 people have been forced to evacuate their homes from this recent eruption. "

www.accuweather.com...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by steven704

Is there ever a serious news story where the numbers 11 and 33 don't pop up?...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
reply to post by steven704

Is there ever a serious news story where the numbers 11 and 33 don't pop up?...

I'm sure there millions...

What exactly are you trying to say?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
So in 2011 we've had tremendous volcanic activity all around the ring of fire, what a great time to be sitting on the san andreas fault!

I think I read an article a few months ago where a seismologist claimed that we will see a lot of seismic activity this year started off by multiple volcanic eruptions....I hope I'm just making that up, but I read so much stuff I seriously can't remember if it was an ATS prediction or an actual scientific theory.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
could you be so kind as to post this news in the volcano watch thread,, thanks

by the way thanks for the heads up ...

i gotta love a good violent eruption...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Thats some hardcore activity. Thanks for the heads up.

Btw... Bioshock
nice.

new topics

top topics

join