It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer Council says Alcoholic Drinks and ethanol cause cancer!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Most people know about the things that increase the risk of cancer,its up to them to avoid them.Its sad when something you dont expect causes it..I had a friend 3 years ago who was 3 months away from graduating high school but never got there because pesticides that she was exposed to during school triggered a tumor to develop in her brain,it was cancerous,a month and a half later she was gone..

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

edit on Sun May 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: UPDATE: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanYouHandleTheTruth
reply to post by nahsik

UPDATE: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites

here's the justification...:
tax income from boose..
medical care for drunk....
fines for drunk driving
prisons for drunk in public
ect ect ect...
in fact killing you with max. profit!

so if you forbid alcohol the country will go bankrupt..

and we all know.... the pharma's (dealers in death) just hates healthy humans....

edit on 1-5-2011 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun May 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
here's a hilarious list of things that give you cancer from the dailymail....

www.facebook.com...

Did you know that shaving may give you cancer?
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

edit on Sun May 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: UPDATE: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

number one cause of cancer? life

number one cause of divorce? marriage

number one cause of anything? who cares,do what u want were all screwed anyways,one day u too will die of something

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanYouHandleTheTruth

UPDATE: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites

Why would you want them to ban alcohol? Because they say that there is "convincing evidence" that it causes cancer?

I work in medical research and it totally depends on exactly which studies you look at. And depending on the researchers' goals, it can turn out that it is either good for you or bad for you, take your pick. It is not unheard of for researchers to ignore the results that they don't want and only compile those results that are consistent with what they DO want.

But, my biggest problem with this is why should they be banning anything at all? I thought we were FREE.

If they are passing laws to tell me what I can and cannot drink, or what I can and cannot eat, or what I can and cannot do, how is that free?

edit on Sun May 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Well, I am taking this with a grain of salt....

Everything causes cancer.

Hey, even the Sun causes cancer, so should I just lock myself in my room and refuse to ever go outside?

I am going to live my life as always and not fear the possibility of cancer.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

If that is found to be true that would be devastating to anyone that drinks and that is billions of people.

As im writing this i have a bad hang over

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
none taken lol, internet balls are common round these parts.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
so should I just lock myself in my room and refuse to ever go outside?

Vitamin D deficiency, don't worry though...There's a tablet for that!

Just pass this "alcohol is bad for you" off, its just a bunch of politicians who wan't to charge a tax on it.

The government doesn't care about your health, if they did they would crackdown on cigarettes other then just charge you more per pack.

Its all just a big game

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Alcohol is the biggest cause of any drug related accident and killer in traffic, at home , at work and even in the long run.

It destroys your liver. If you like a healthy liver don't drink. Your liver is also your bodies main organ to collect and get lost of important nutrients as well as it is a big chemical plant getting rid of all the toxic wast a human produces hi/her life.

You might say that any harm would cause a direct immune system deficiency and a bad working immune system... That is what causes cancer. Or Living in Japan . Alcohol doesn't cause cancer. it just causes a bad immune system... 1 + 1 is mutation on the loose. On Monday, or Friday or whatever day you choose.

Grow old and chances peak even more

Banning it is already tried remember. Organized crime and all... Although tech is i,implemented to watch you like a hawk so never say never
edit on 5/1/2011 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
this is the beginning of the propaganda to usher in another, this time permanent, prohibition...maybe when people cant dull the pain of slavery anymore we will finally rise up against the fascists...til then, enjoy it while it lasts, Cheers!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Bartender! Pass me two cold ones,,I have to perform another set for the audience...thanks

Cant sing Rock and Roll without a cold beer or two to relax the vocal cords.

If the Barley in the Beer was grown near Chernobyl or Fukushima. Well there you have it.

S a v v y ?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Yes, well, leave Alcohol alone. You will NEVER have the ban you so desperately seek back. It is also in my oppinion that the 'cancer board' or whatever these self entitled people want to call themelves, look into more 'harmless' products on the market that are given to children..... like Fluoride and Aspartame.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join