It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imam's Call To Add Crescent Moon Symbol To Russian Emblem Met With Alarm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Personal attack?

What you mean like yours against Islam?

Don't be a hypocrite

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Personal attack?

What you mean like yours against Islam?

Don't be a hypocrite

I explained the attack, the poster accused me of being a hate monger for assking a question!
Now, if you would like to answer for them I ask you to please explain what in my OP makes me a hater of Islam?

Kindly,
Pax

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Yeah, fair enough I suppose.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

It is against the Quran to force someone to convert. 'Let there be no compulsion in religion', Muslims aren't allowed to trick someone into following Islam or to force them. To become a Muslim one must willingly profess whole heartedly, at their own behest their belief in one God and all of his prophets (by stating a belief in his final prophet).

Muslims are a pretty sizable minority in Russia and that is set to grow. This guy was merely suggesting that all of the major faiths in the country should be represented on the national emblem (instead of just 1), there was no threat or anything controversial.
I can't believe the spin and bias in the Fox News article though, I mean I knew they were pretty bad for making epic distortions of the news but this?

Was it a call to bring the revolts and violence of the “Arab Spring” now sweeping the Middle East to Russia?

Linking one man's suggestion about changes to a national emblem, to a rapid succession of protests in another continent which are nothing to do with religion and more to do with oppression by dictators and monarchs? Bit of a stretch I think........

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join