It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman in Arizona gets a 56% reduction on his home mortgage to drop a bill against banks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by SaturnFX

Voting doesn't mean a darn thing in Amerika anymore, the trash elite is recycle every 4 and 6 years and they hold their power thanks to corporate money.

Well I am sure glad the SCOTUS keeps ruling on behalf of human beings, pretty soon they will be able to repossess organs!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

And guess what this clown will stay in office because of all these fat f**king zombies are to busy eating and complaining about their pathetic lives...Americans have become slaves to a system so corrupt that it's not worth saving. From (obama) down (little "o" no respect for this puppet) >> Bush was even worse .... State, county, city ... its all corruptecd to the point of no return ...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikus

Yes, we have all become women who need to be protected by the men. Like that one thread about "women and children first." Only, all of the men are now either women, or they died protecting the women and children, so there aren't any men left to protect anyone anymore. It is a grim future for us all.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sounds like bribery to me - throw all those involved in jail.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

I was about to take issue with this post, but then I saw the username posting it and thought 'Fair enough'. At least it does what it says on the label.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by proximo
What I don't think hardly anyone grasps is this is not just the banks problem - anybody that has a house that was transferred through MERS may not be able to obtain clear title once they have paid it off - because the bank they are paying does not possess it to give them. There is now confirmed cases where the same houses were promised as collateral multiple times in different MBS packages. There has even been reports of fraudulent second mortgages created and sold.

Indeed. We talk about an economic crisis without calling it scandal, unlike back in the 1980s, when we called it the Savings and Loan Scandal

And back then, another Arizona politician displayed "poor judgment".

Lincoln Savings and Loan The Lincoln Savings led to the Keating five political scandal, in which five U.S. senators were implicated in an influence-peddling scheme. It was named for Charles Keating, who .ed Lincoln Savings and made $300,000 as political contributions to them in the 1980s. Three of those senators—Alan Cranston (D-CA), Don Riegle (D-MI), and Dennis DeConcini (D-AZ)—found their political careers cut short as a result. Two others—John Glenn (D-OH) and John McCain (R-AZ)—were rebuked by the Senate Ethics Committee for exercising "poor judgment" for intervening with the federal regulators on behalf of Keating.[15]

source

This nation has a horrific corruption problem. Lowering taxes, talking about the Constitution, and rediscovering God and a Christian Heritage won't do a damn thing to make the country better. Citizens need to come together to root out corruption, prosecute and put white collar criminals in jail, and then maybe we have a chance to save America.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Jail is to good for this guy,but I can't say here what id do to make him pay..

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Corruption on all sides of the aisle have killed America. It is on life support. only complete overthrow of the present system will fix it. Our mode of "democracy" ensures no democracy. We need a very different system.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It saddens me to see how quickly people try to turn this into a partisan issue, with all of the "if she was a democrat" non-sense. Don't you see that it is this kind of thinking (ignorance) that allows these politicians to get away with a lot of what they do? If she was a democrat, she would still be corrupt, period.

Believe it or not, the Republicans and Democrats are only two different sides to the same coin. They are all statists on a mission to divide. Like I've said a million times, both major parties only have superficial differences, differences on issues that are relatively unimportant, though emotional. This fools us into believing that there is at least some kind of oposition, when there is no organized opposition in this country.

Both the Democratic and Republican parties champion the elite, corporations and special interests, at the expense of the American people. As long as we continue to fall for their partisan illusion, this country will continue to decay and the elite will continue to benefit at the expense of the republic - you, me and the rest of the non-elite citizenry.

--airspoon

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Corruption isn't a partisan issue.

I didn't read the article, due to the fact that I might trigger into a partisan response...I don't know if its R or D...simply put, if the person did something corrupt, they need to deal with Bubba for a few years..

Corruption is to be treated as a bipartisan smackfest in my opinion...be it your hero, or your nemesis

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
If she was a democrat, she would still be corrupt, period.

True. And of The Keating Five, 4 were Democrats.

What sticks in the craw, however, is that for three decades American voters have been subjected to the "holier (literally) than thou Democrat" image put out by the GOP. Vote for the GOP candidate because s/he is a Christian, implying beyond corruption.

A crook is a crook, a skunk is a skunk, no matter what stripe. I came to believe that politicians became less and less willing to cry Foul! on a fellow politician from the opposing party, because that would then air everyone's dirty laundry.

The dirty little secret is that corruption grew and took hold, regardless of protestations of patriotism or piety. Corrupting influences threaten this nation's survival. And those corrupting influences show no loyalty to a particular political side.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join