It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman in Arizona gets a 56% reduction on his home mortgage to drop a bill against banks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If you don't know the back story of this whole mess... go look it up here.

If true... this is INSANE CORRUPTION... and this guy must be KICKED OUT AND CHARGED WITH CORRUPTION.

AZ Rep. Seel Drops Amendment Requiring Pre-Foreclosure Chain of Title, 2 Days After Servicer Grants Principal Reduction

So... if you read the ``back story``... you know what SB1259 was about and how it got killed. So homeowners didn't stop there, they went to add another similar amendment to another bill. And they recruited Carl Seel to do it.

Now, it was written and ready to go. Carl Seel has a mortgage you see. He refused twice for his own loan modification... but guess what, two days before he was to present his amendment that would have forced banks to stop their fraud, out of the blue, the bank decided to cut his mortgage by 56%.... yeah, that happens all the time!

The bribe :

One thing though… from what Darrell explained to me, Carl Seel must have been in a very good mood the day of his unexpected tardiness, because even though he had been previously turned down twice for his own loan modification, two days before he showed up too late to propose the amendment, Ocwen granted him a PRINCIPAL REDUCTION that reduced his mortgage to $88,000 from roughly $190,000… that’s a reduction of approximately 56% give or take a few points one way or the other.

So when the time comes up, two days later, to present his amendment to stop bank defrauding homeowners, he ``ends up late``... and the amendment never make it into the bill.... gee what a coincidence!

According to Mr. Blomberg, it seems that when the day came around for Rep. Carl Seel to propose the amendment, as he had agreed to do, he was running late and ultimately didn’t get there on time. The amendment was never proposed as a result.

IF this isn't a proof of corruption, I don't know what is.

To summarize :

Cost of the bribe : $102,000
Savings to the bank : Hundreds of millions of $
Cost of being caught : Priceless.

And that's the SECOND TIME... that we know of, IN A WEEK, WITH TWO DIFFERENT CONGRESSMEN.. that the banks have tried to kill that bill... you know how bad they don't want their fraud exposed...

It's just pathetic that this guy sold his integrity for $102,000....or maybe he received some other money off the record...
edit on 30-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Things like this don't surprise me anymore. Good find on your part.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
i thought fanny and freddy owned most of the mortages in this country and while the term "bank" is being coined often is that really the case.

fanny and freddy founded mres which owns what mortgages left over.

yeah thats obviously corruption but when it comes to the massive mortage business in america its government is who is ripping people off.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So it passed the Senate 28-2 then dissappeared on the way to the house? And Carl Seel was too late to "propose" it again?

This is just typical partisan BS. Just because something is "proposed" means jack S@#t. It has to pass first.

Knee jerk reaction, once again. Somehow it is all this guys fault..Quick everyone! Point your finger at this guy..It's his fault. Ignore all the others in the house and senate..

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Pretty clear cut corruption...go get em boys...

erm..boys...get off your ass and arrest the twat

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomadmonkey

So it passed the Senate 28-2 then dissappeared on the way to the house?

Disappeared because the head of the committee said ``she wouldn't hear of it``... and guess what, just before that meeting, SHE ADMITTED that she received a visit from her banking buddies.

And Carl Seel was too late to "propose" it again?

Too late, two days after he received a 102k$ check from the banks this bill is about.

This is just typical partisan BS. Just because something is "proposed" means jack S@#t. It has to pass first.

It already passed. 28-2. It would have passed again.

Knee jerk reaction, once again. Somehow it is all this guys fault..Quick everyone! Point your finger at this guy..It's his fault. Ignore all the others in the house and senate..

Quick everyone, forget the bribe the guy took!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomadmonkey

I don't see this as partisan at all...

It passed the state senate 28-2 like you said in your post, meaning it was overwhelmingly favored. 28-2 does not seem like a politically split decision.

And yes, it is all his fault because he was "late" on the day he was supposed to introduce the bill.

No, not partisan at all. I would say this is a pretty open-and-shut case of bribery.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What a fascinating read! Years ago I had someone say to me that since she couldn't SEE the toxic chemicals in the air, the pollution didn't exist. (I wonder if she'ld say the same about the Fukushima radiation
) It seems that nowadays as long as one doesn't see the act of influence, it's not corruption. Or we hear some lame apology and plea for forgiveness, as if that removes the sin of corruption, and gloryhallelujah the person is saved from any consequences!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
There was a time when people would get their pitch-forks, ropes, and torches for this kind of crap.

Have the men of America lost their testicles?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
merkury are good for yu
it makes you smarter, I saw on TV
The Nazis used flouride in the camps to keep people docile
it eats out the part of the brain that is resistant to authority

ON ssri drugs the shrimp will swim right up to the fish that eats it

then there is the fat free diet
your brain needs fat - food - to think straight....
aspertame (a brain toxin....)
tame is right

Radiation causes dementia

edit on 30-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
merkury are good for yu
it makes you smarter, I saw on TV
The Nazis used flouride in the camps to keep people docile
it eats out the part of the brain that is resistant to authority

ON ssri drugs the shrimp will swim right up to the fish that eats it

then there is the fat free diet
your brain needs fat - food - to think straight....
aspertame (a brain toxin....)
tame is right

Radiation causes dementia

edit on 30-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Really one long slew of exaggerations. If there is one thing undeniably worse than these things it is the human mind's ability to scare itself to death with worry over things.

Guess what...whether something is as bad as you believe it is or not, if you imagine it to be that bad, it becomes that bad for you.

So while some people in the world would be overjoyed to drink our water, here we have people who are groaning about minute levels of a chemical that they believe is adversely affecting their brain.

You are your own worse enemy. Your negativity is worse than these things, and you're only making things worse than they 'are' despite the degree of truth to them.

So much easier just to suggest to people that they are being poisoned and have them believe it than to actually have to go through and do it! So much easier!!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It's just like when you enter a public event on private property, there are security at screening points who take away all of your drinks/beverages and food, even if sealed or unopened so that you can buy the overpriced food on their property on their watch. Except that it's to do with more money and more power.

You let them have all that power by taking out a mortgage from the bank anyway.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

buddy
get a grip

we atsers have seen enough to know whats behind those "generalizations"

there is a chemical lobotomy right there
for those that wonder why the american peep still has a couch up his butt
while his and his childrens and their lives are being stolen....

but hey
consume away
disagreeing with the government is by law a form of insanity
ooops
sorry that was communist russia
now it is also the good ol USof A ( and the west )
enjoy

So much easier just to suggest to people that they are being poisoned and have them believe it than to actually have to go through and do it! So much easier!!

couldn't make heads nor tales of that
www.deliberatedumbingdown.com...
here read a book

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Politicians are giving crook, liars, and scumbags a bad name.

Fire him, oust him, fine him, jail him, beat him with large sticks!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Why don't one of you call the guy and ask him for his side of the story. I am sure it looks like bribery and probably is, but we know the bankers and perhaps they actually are sick enough to incriminate him this was and slash his tires the day he had to go there.

Curious why he was late....

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

You might be interested in this little tidbit from the OP's article:

For the record, my two calls to Rep. Seel’s office were not returned. I spoke with his assistant who answered the phone at his office. I explained that I was calling to ask Rep. Seel to comment on a recently obtained loan modification granted by Ocwen… she said she knew nothing about it, but would contact him and convey my message. I explained that I was going to run the story today and that it was urgent that I hear from him should he want to deny the report… and… well… as of 5:03 PM today… nothing… and I’ve been staring at my phone for hours.

It would seem that attempts have already been made to contact him about this and, not surprisingly, they have fallen on deaf ears.

After reading some of the comments by Arizona House Rep Nancy McLain, I have to say that I genuinely feel sorry for the people of AZ. It seems that the politicians there are extraordinarily corrupt (although sadly this is the norm for most states).

OP this was a great article S&F, needs more attention IMHO.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I have a 180º view of your OP

i say the AZ legislator opened the book for others to follow... there was no hiding of the ultimate result like he was taking a 'bribe' (in the form of his house mortgage value reduction)... ergo; the action was not a bribe.

after negotiating twice for an intervention, he finally seen the light that the mortgage holder was actually doing things not obvious at first...
a bill proposal would forestall any and all future housing reappraisals, from the overly priced houses that were common in the heyday of the housing boom,

basically, its a matter of allowing each excessive mortgage bond agreement to be un-wound at its own pace,
but i do say that some sort of oversight authority should be assigned to the public to see that the well financed banker cartel does not run roughshod over us bluecoller worker class or poorer segment of the population...

the AZ guys ordeal has shown us that there's a remedy... we just need to make sure that the fixing works for everyone else too, not just for them that have power and positions to leverage against the banker cartels

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I would believe that to be a breach in his contract. To the guillotine, stat!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hang his by his balls until they fall off the sellout bastard.

I'm sorry he didn't have any in the first place otherwise he wouldn't have soldout.
edit on 1-5-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Thats some more of that free market capitalism at work, you can thank the supreme court for ruling companies are people to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join