It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough Already!!!...Libya disabled children school hit in NATO strike...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

TRIPOLI (Reuters) - Shattered glass litters the carpet at the Libyan Down's Syndrome Society, and dust covers pictures of grinning children that adorn the hallway, thrown into darkness by a NATO strike early on Saturday.It was unclear what the target of the strike was, though Libyan officials said it was Muammar Gaddafi himself, who was giving a live television address at the time."They maybe wanted to hit the television. This is a non-military, non-governmental building," said Mohammed al-Mehdi, head of the civil societies council, which licenses and oversees civil groups in Libya."I felt sad really. I kept thinking, what are we going to do with these children?" said Ismail Seddigh, who set up the school 17 years ago after his own daughter was born with Down's.

There were no children at the school when the missiles hit early on Saturday morning, since Friday begins the weekend in Libya. Children had been due to come in on Saturday morning.The Libyan government has repeatedly said that NATO airstrikes have hurt and killed civilians but has not responded to requests by journalists to visit the hospitals, making it tough to verify casualty figures.Inside the school, the power had been knocked out by the strikes, the floor was wet because of a leaking pipe and desks were covered in glass and debris.Seddigh's school prepared children with Down's Syndrome up to the age of 6 to go to normal schools, giving them speech therapy, handicrafts and sports sessions and teaching them to read and write. It handles 50 to 60 children a day.
...ARTICLE

What if? Thats what Im asking...What if these strikes were just a couple hours later than they were? Those poor kids woulda have been severely hurt or even killed and they woulda had no chance,no warning to do anything to prevent it...I know that things like this happen all the time..I know that they figure civilian caualities into the equation and I think its a joke!!!...I f there were to be any chance especially for kids to be hurt or killed they should seriously think twice before dropping them bombs...I personally feel that they shouldnt be dropping any at all to begin with but now hearing that these kids that already have it hard enough could have benn hurt because of NATOS ignorance..It still bothers me that the school that is there to provide help to these disabled kids is in ruins...If I were the parents I would definately think twice before sending them back...So for the coalitions greed and carelessness for human life things like this happen all the time...Pathetic!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Damn... My brother is autistic and if that would have been the case...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It's the illegal immoral Irag invasion ALL OVER AGAIN. I just can't F*****G believe it, too. TYRANNY, TYRANNY TYRANNY. And there are no extraterrestrials to help us, because they are evil too.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Im sure they will say his forces were hiding in or near the school, thus it is justified, somehow. It always is, at least until enough people stand up and then they will offer some sorry excuse for an apology and call it collateral damage. Enough already is right! Are you all ready to stand up yet? Or shall we wait a little longer?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Wait, what?

Aren't we supposed to be over preventing the deaths of civilians?

Our collective governments are worthless and full of BS.

But hey, there was a big wedding thing yesterday! Yay!

And a (not quite) shuttle launch!

And some old guy's blood got paraded around the Vatican!

Damn I hate people in charge right now.

edit on 30-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

In your avatar, you should also include, "They Are Molesting You" as well. (..TSA...)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
Wait, what?
And a (not quite) shuttle launch!

Damn I hate people in charge right now.

Ah, now I see. The PTB can never get their rocket up, so thats why they compensate by molesting, bombing, torturing................Like imagine a frustrated John Wayne Gayce with E.D. (God and clowns help us)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
so they are going after a head of state now ?

assassination is a dangerous game to play

this is really awful

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so they are going after a head of state now ?

assassination is a dangerous game to play

this is really awful

Well, they killed his son and 3 grandkids, at least, today.

This situation is just getting beyond. Just absolutely beyond.

I have a severely autistic son, and worked for years with metally retarded children... NATO has technology avialable to allow them to pinpoint a bomb on a freaking dime. Don't be fooled... They knew what they were hitting before the button was even pressed.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

There were no children at the school when the missiles hit early on Saturday morning

OK cool. No kids were killed, good.

Next?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
It's the illegal immoral Irag invasion ALL OVER AGAIN. I just can't F*****G believe it, too. TYRANNY, TYRANNY TYRANNY. And there are no extraterrestrials to help us, because they are evil too.

yep pure evil fact is we are the bad guys and most of us have our heads in the sand..

crazy if you think the guys pulling the strings here wont do the same to us eventually. look at what they've done already. your rights are going poof everything you worked for everything your forefathers poured their blood and sweat for is being pissed away.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Thankfully no children were at the school at the time. Sad how they would just be considered "collateral damage". So many innocent lives lost because of the agendas of rich pigs. I remember hearing somewhere that if 20-30 lives are lost to terminate 1 enemy combatant it is considered acceptable collateral damage. I really, really hope that is not true. Hey, great job NATO! You killed Gaddafi's grandchildren. They were terrorists- RIGHT?
Wouldn't killing children be considered a WAR CRIME? Who is terrorizing who here? All of this BS over oil. So sad......Sic semper tyrannis ...........Libera mi domine

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Once upon a time wars were fought man to man on a field of honor.
Nowadays more women and children are killed than soldiers or insurgents.
So this is progress?

We're becoming less civilized though we imagine ourselves superior.
Having more technology hasn't been of benefit to the whole human race.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No kids being killed dosen't take away from the fact that NATO targete a school for the disabled. NATO's mission is suppose to be humanitarian, they are suppose to protect civilians. How does the fact that there were no children killed substitute away from the fact that
a) Gadaffi has been targeted for assasination
b) Civilians have been killed as a result of NATO attacks
c) Civilian infastructure has been destroyed as a result of NATO attacks
and
d) Rebel soldiers have been killed in incidents of freindly fire by NATO forces

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Why hasn't anyone asked *why this school was targeted?
One would think that a relevant question...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Wow-this is propaganda at it's finest-did anyone (including the OP) even read the OP?
"though Libyan officials said it was Muammar Gaddafi himself, who was giving a live television address at the time."They maybe wanted to hit the television. "
They weren't trying to kill poor defenseless autistic children-they were trying to take out Gaddafi- come on people-enough with the sensationalist thread titles.....

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23

TRIPOLI (Reuters) - Shattered glass litters the carpet at the Libyan Down's Syndrome Society, and dust covers pictures of grinning children that adorn the hallway, thrown into darkness by a NATO strike early on Saturday.It was unclear what the target of the strike was, though Libyan officials said it was Muammar Gaddafi himself, who was giving a live television address at the time."They maybe wanted to hit the television. This is a non-military, non-governmental building," said Mohammed al-Mehdi, head of the civil societies council, which licenses and oversees civil groups in Libya."I felt sad really. I kept thinking, what are we going to do with these children?" said Ismail Seddigh, who set up the school 17 years ago after his own daughter was born with Down's.

There were no children at the school when the missiles hit early on Saturday morning, since Friday begins the weekend in Libya. Children had been due to come in on Saturday morning.The Libyan government has repeatedly said that NATO airstrikes have hurt and killed civilians but has not responded to requests by journalists to visit the hospitals, making it tough to verify casualty figures.Inside the school, the power had been knocked out by the strikes, the floor was wet because of a leaking pipe and desks were covered in glass and debris.Seddigh's school prepared children with Down's Syndrome up to the age of 6 to go to normal schools, giving them speech therapy, handicrafts and sports sessions and teaching them to read and write. It handles 50 to 60 children a day.
...ARTICLE

What if? Thats what Im asking...What if these strikes were just a couple hours later than they were? Those poor kids woulda have been severely hurt or even killed and they woulda had no chance,no warning to do anything to prevent it...I know that things like this happen all the time..I know that they figure civilian caualities into the equation and I think its a joke!!!...I f there were to be any chance especially for kids to be hurt or killed they should seriously think twice before dropping them bombs...I personally feel that they shouldnt be dropping any at all to begin with but now hearing that these kids that already have it hard enough could have benn hurt because of NATOS ignorance..It still bothers me that the school that is there to provide help to these disabled kids is in ruins...If I were the parents I would definately think twice before sending them back...So for the coalitions greed and carelessness for human life things like this happen all the time...Pathetic!!!

I don't believe Libya, period. Do such thing's happen? As ghastly as any innocents being hurt, killed, sadly yes. Saddam H. intentionally used a clear command and control facility which was "screaming signet and communications" and he put civilians in there. It's very easy to broadcast the full s*** by sticking antenna's on anything. Now, who do we blame for that? Why no outrange, and we do nothing by putting civlians in the cross hairs. So many people are so damn gullible.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It reminds me of when our government burned up poor little blonde US white kids even, to 'get' David Koresh.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
pay attention folks.
this is what happens to you when
you oppose the NWO.
Gadaffi is just learning this as well.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23

I agree with you 100%! You are correct.. and the sheer careless disregard shown to the lives of everyone, including children, is what makes me angriest about all this.
Vicky

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join