It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi From David Dissonance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well, not my real name.

My main intention is to discuss some of the obvious and not-so-obvious ways that the population are controlled in order to ensure a well-oiled society that operates to the benefit of a very small minority. It's the way it has always been, and that very small minority may change, but it's always there.

In all honesty, most of the Conspiracy Theories out there, I just don't care about. Do I care who shot JFK? No. It mattered a hell of a lot in the sixties, but fifty years on, there's more pressing concerns.

The issue I have is that people equate Conspirary Theorists to 'Weird Kooks' or just plain old 'Paranoid Schizophrenics'. Well, yeah - give a label that you file under 'to be ignored' and a hell of a lot of problems magically fall away.

And that, to my mind, is the greatest (or worst) conspiracy of all. The conspiracy of the majority who conspire to subjugate themselves in order to avoid thinking about the implications of what they have allowed themselves to become. And boy, will this majority do anything to ensure they stay subjugated.

But of course, there's also what I would call 'The Conspiracy of Entropy' - i.e. the gradual eroding of what we once called 'our rights' which are nothing of the sort. Do you remember the promise of the four day week? Do you remember when Unions had some chance of representing members, but instead became self-fulfilling prophecies by succumbing to corruption? Do you remember when a family could survive on the income of one person? What a way to misuse feminism. I'm just so ashamed of the last thirty years and what has allowed to be.

Until, I realise, this was all so inevitable. How else can there be a global economy, unless there is an equalisation of resources, of living conditions, of opportunity. And people worry about Communism! If you're looking at the great global equalizer, the long-term winner has to be Capitalism. The thing about equalisation though is - some get equalized up, some get equalized down. Where do you think you stand just now?

So is all this conspiracy of groups of people making this happen on a global scale, or human nature following its inevitable and inexorable path like cattle following each other into the slaughterhouse?

I'd kind of like to hear people's opinions on this.

There's various trends in society that I see that all seem to point to the same eventual outcome. Again, I'd like to get some opinions on that as time goes on.

And finally, it will be interesting to scour the forums to see if there's anything going on that seems to fit these patterns - hopefully from a diverse background of countries, as these issues seem to be getting increasingly global in nature.

Anyway, looking forwards to it

All the best

David.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Welcome to the site, i hope you have fun.

I would give you my opinion in relation to your theory etc. But you used to many big words for me and i really want to go to bed as its 3AM in sunny England.

Good luck and stay safe online.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS David!
The JFK assassination conspiracy is important to many good members here including me.
Search that topic for a lot of great threads in the archives. Member "WWJFKd" ( we were) has good ones and Jim Mars also.
Enjoy the site!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Wow, what an intro thread. I think you would do well in the general conspiracy forums. Welcome to the site.

PS CIA orchestrated JFK's assassination.

edit on 30-4-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackDove

Thanks BlackDove - Yes, it was a bit late. Sorry, I get a bit wordy when I get passionate about something, at least when I write. In person, it's kind of the opposite, and I start talking Alphabetti Spaghetti! And it's hard to believe what a Sunny April we've had in England. Luvverly.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Thanks. Now you've piqued my interest. So obviously JFK's assassination is still a big topic for many people. I guess what I'm curious about is whether those people who it's important to are interested from a historical viewpont, or whether it still has great relevance today.

I did watch a TV program a few years back that charted his various conditions and drugs that were pumped into him so that he could carry on his presidency looking as well as possible. Interesting as history, not sure how relevant it is to conspiracy though!

I'll take a look through some of the members' posts you mentioned to get a bit more of an idea.

Thx Granite.

David.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS David

nice to have you hear you will love the forums come on in and enjoy!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Hi TheLegend

Thanks for the [Legendary] welcome, and the tip on the General Forums. I'll concentrate on that one to start with. Can't wait to join in the discussions, and get a feel for other people's opinions.

The great thing about a site like ATS is that I can start here, but there's so many rich areas of discussion going on, I'm guessing you could almost spend your whole life here!

Except, there's a second life to live as well, in the 'real' world. Ho hum.

All the best

David.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thanks Very much SugarCookie1 - The post on the ant colony is fascinating. Kudos to the people digging with shovels though, who looked like - well ants, in comparison to the structure they were excavating.

All the best

David.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I will not dig into the "conspiracy" discussion here. I just would like to say that I investigated those things a few years back, and I found many answers which were not really uplifting(ie how religion had been used for worldly gains).

In the end however, I believe the quality and compassion of a person´s own actions in daily life is what counts at the end of the day. Society will circulate up and down in cycles, right now it is particularly bad but "evil" will disappear in a flash.

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by daviddiss

Ah no prob dude, your intro post was great, i was just grumpy as my wife didnt put out lol.
Have fun.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Welcome. What keeps JFK's assassination relevant and interesting is that we live in a society where a majority of people in a representative republic do not believe the official cause but do not demand the truth. This site offers debate for the truth of the conspiracies voiced on the site. We know the truths but.............

Thank you for joining.

Peace...............yak055h

new topics

top topics

join