It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of looting in the areas hard-hit by the storm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Reports of looting in the areas hard-hit by the storm

www.tuscaloosanews .com

The good in people that emerges after a major disaster has been seen across Tuscaloosa since a violent tornado plowed through the city Wednesday.

Unfortunately, so has the bad. Law enforcement officers have received reports of looting in the areas hard hit by the storm.

A man in Holt said Friday that he saw some people taking tools out of the back of his neighbor's truck. Several people in Alberta said that people were stealing items out of a convenience store Wednesday night while stepping....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
looks like KATRINA 2.0...i received a call from both my father and a Local LEO concerning security teams being sent to assist with attempting to curtail the amount of looting going on presently.

this is 2nd hand information from 2 credible people, as the 1st contact works for DHS and is being sent out to the area, to accompany FEMA.. and the latter, my former boss, whom i've worked contracts for, in his security company.

gun shops, grocery stores and homes have been looted and the contects of those stores cleared out by looters....ammunition, weapons of various calibers and firing capabilities, food electronics, and the like.

www.tuscaloosanews .com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-4-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

*sigh* How much looting did we hear about in Japan?

Maybe there should be a distinction, but if so I can't think of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

yeah its crazy theres a dusk to dawn curfew in many of the surrounding areas very thankful we didnt get hit but it has affected everything down here.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

There isnt. A countries people tends to behave like their leaders. Its hard to say whether the leaders influence the people or if the people choose leaders like themselves.

THIS gets me. Stepping over the body of the clerk who was killed to loot.

www.tuscaloosanews.com...

A man in Holt said Friday that he saw some people taking tools out of the back of his neighbor's truck. Several people in Alberta said that people were stealing items out of a convenience store Wednesday night while stepping over the body of the worker inside who had been killed.

Kelly Puckett said that he arrived at the place where his home once stood on 21st Avenue in Alberta about 30 minutes after the tornado passed.

“My neighbor said that someone had already come by and taken my guitar out of the front yard,” he said.

If anyone has any question what would happen if our economy collapsed, or a really huge natural disaster occurred, wonder no more.

As much as the idea of FEMA camps worries me, what else could they do if the S ever really HTF with animals like this?
edit on 30-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by strawberry91

yeah, ive heard about the curfew, i'm 2hrs east of y'all. stay safe in bama!
i wish i would've thought about it earlier, i had forgot that i had a police scanner app on my phone.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

As much as the idea of FEMA camps worries me, what else could they do if the S ever really HTF with animals like this?

Good point. I guess our government is ready for the beast that they have created.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
just got a confirmation from my pops, he's enroute to the disaster area, for 90days. he was a first responder during the Katrina disaster and after 8 months on the ground, he was silent for 6 months...took him 2 years to share what he seen. vendetta killings and other madness was REAL.

but according to the scanner app, police are (as of 3 minutes ago) dealing with fights, more corpses located and looting of the stores in progress.

both the tuscaloosa fire/police scanner feeds are down. but there are another 800 people reported missing, so the toll may rise. there's a lake near a neighborhood that was wiped out......emergency services are planing on draining the lake, as more people are believed to be in the lake.

this is madness.....

i had to jump over to amateur CB coms and one guy reported that he himself has recovered 4 adults and 1 child.
A Krispy Kreme store was leveled and the person who witnessed said, when the tornado dissolved the store, and when it passed the bodies and donuts began falling from the ground.

www.radioreference.com

that's where my scanner feed is coming from.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
thats absolute crap its bigtime crap

natural disasters are a license to steal and loot

that stupidity has got to stop

americans we are BETTER than that.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I wish we were better than that.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Pretty pathetic on the looting.

However, I think that for the most part, Americans help Americans.

I saw it personally when Katrina folks came to Texas and when people were evacuated from Houston for Rita.

Prayers for all.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm 100% sure these accounts are far over-shadowed by a thousand small mercies and acts of kindness.

For instance:

www.flickr.com...

There but for the Grace of God go any of us.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The way people think is just out of this world. Blaming others for looters acting like animals. Could it maybe be lack of morals that people act like savages. Could it be that maybe it's because in this what is fading away as a free society has come too. Which is, lack of respect due to no moral values or beliefs in what is good anymore. I'm sick and tired of others blaming others for acting like mindless creatures bent on only evil and self gratification.
There's no such thing anymore as taking on ones own responsibility or being responsible for their own actions.

No body told these people to go and loot, they did it on their own, Because they have no pride, no self respect, no moral standards, no foundation in anything. It's not because the scum bags made them do it, they did it on their own.
The scum bags do their own dirty bidding, that does affect everyone, but they don't cause people to act like savages, individuals make themselves act like savages.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I was wondering when this would happen.

Here in Virginia the police enforced curfews after the disasters, and no one was allowed to be out in those areas after a certain time of night. They did not mention looting but I figured that was the motivation.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Remember the lessons from Katrina, people. New AP style dictates it is only 'looting' when done b poor Blacks.

When white folks do it, it's 'getting supplies'.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
When the big tornado hit Wichita Falls Texas in 1979 I was shocked to see a guy I knew whose father was a rich oil man being arrested for looting a houses... Nothing liked that occurred when a big one was on the ground in Dallas for 45 minutes in 1957... People knew and respected their neighbors back then and there was a sense of community that no longer exist... Of course people weren't obsessed with material possessions back then either so there wasn't as much crap for thieves to take.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Pretty pathetic on the looting.

However, I think that for the most part, Americans help Americans.

I saw it personally when Katrina folks came to Texas and when people were evacuated from Houston for Rita.

Prayers for all.

I caught both ends of that one two punch. Finially make it to houston after katrina then I had to leave again. lol.

BTW lots of the looting after katrina was done by the cops.

edit on 30-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Eventually, these kinds of actions will lead to martial law. To take clothing, food okay especially when there's no violence. But to take electronics basically luxury items, then it's just taking advantage of a bad situation.

edit on 30-4-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You know...I am a VERY strong police advocate. BUT, only for those officers that uphold the law, not break it.

To see those women (cough) cops stealing, browsing the isles looking for the right size shoes to steal while people are being raped and killed out on the streets is beyond disgusting.

I live in a small rural town and I can GUARANTEE you that it wouldn't happen here. Then again, our chief wears jeans/cowboy boots and a VERY large gun on his hip. I like to think we still have what's called honor around here that would see us through hard times.

There's always going to be the criminal element ready to jump at the opportunity to take advantage of the situation, but when your whole social structure deteriorates to the level where there is COMPLETE lawlessness it speaks to the illness of the whole community.

We have a sense of community and I know many places don't. The last time a bank was robbed, we had a bystander chase the guy. When someone collapses on the street, multiple people stop to help. When someone runs from the police, neighbors step up and help stop them.

It's just so depressing to see this stuff happening.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join