It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really, really, don't want to post stuff aliens related... but I'm just grasping at straws here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by jiggerj

About a decade ago, I was in that state of disbelief as well, but events have shown me otherwise. Things are not as they seem to be.

You could not have experienced anything that will come even close to the pending worldwide economic collapse. The only way to piece together the coming horror is to go back in history to every civilization that failed. Please find one failed society where the multitude came together and said, "Oh pish-posh, let's have ourselves a tea and discuss where to go from here."

There was war. There was torture. There was murder. There was disease. There was starvation...

The only difference between then and now is that back then the people in a depressed area could move somewhere else. Now, there will be no place on earth for over six billion people to move to.

Plus, in all of your experiences, and in all of your reading, you seem to have missed any and all studies on human nature. Man is an animal wearing a cloak of civility. When the cloak is stripped from his shoulders, and when starving, this animal will kill for a handful of peanuts. The human animal's most primal instinct is self-preservation. I can not debate you on these characteristics; ask any professional observer of human nature.

edit on 1-5-2011 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I find it funny anyone would think people would get along. When a basketball team loses the championship there is riots in the streets, cars flipped over and building looted... Just for a ball game ending badly. Take food and water from people and just imagine the insanity that would ensue.. Water, sewer and power all gone? LA, New York and any other huge populace would quickly turn into mass riots. The huge gang populas would quickly take over. I live in small city and the gangs are alreay out of control here.... They got police out numbered and out guned a1000 to 1.

Then there is all the racism. The Rodney King thing in LA almost got the city burned down. Where I live there is a lot of white only groups. They would combine and start wiping out anyone that isn't with them. Cities are already failing across the USA and we still have power, water, sewer and police services. Take those away and it will be ugly fast. The groups with the most guns and the will to use them will control....

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
MONEY is what rules this country, we go to war for what? resources, which is the market which will in the end be MONEY for us.

If the bank falls, I think not only would we go through a total disaster where people will kill eachother for food, water, land, etc. we will also go through a kind of rebirth as a society. The people will go back to the time when we actually depended on our beautiful earth and use what she has to offer, rather than destroying it to make more MONEY. We would trade for things, rather than use MONEY.

MONEY is the root of all evil, it is why we have so much crime, why we have so much corruption.

the greed for money can motivate to murder. It can make you embezzle, swindle, go to war, and even colonise other countries to control their resources. The need to have the most money and so think the most power is a dark force. Money and wealth have been the most explosive divide in history. Revolutions have generally involved the poor fighting for their rights and a share of the money from the minority rich. The burning desire from corporations and banking institutions to make more money for themselves and shareholders recently brought the world close to the brink of financial collapse.
We now need to reclaim our monetary system before our government makes the fatal error of engaging in more useless foreign wars, besides the travesty in Iraq, because they continue to think that the way to solve our internal monetary problems is taking other people’s land and resources. This is another effect of the illusion of scarcity.

My research showed that the U.S. actually had a reasonable approach to monetary matters for much of our history. The thirteen American colonies built a dynamic economy without the presence of a single bank. Throughout the nineteenth century, we developed the most powerful economy on earth without a large national debt.
Then Congress gave away its constitutional authority over money through the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. The Sixteenth Amendment to the Constitution which was enacted the same year, created an income tax to pay the interest on the national debt. Throughout history, government debt and excessive military spending have gone hand-in-hand. Not accidentally, the Federal Reserve Act marked the beginning of the century of world war that still afflicts us.

I honestly do look forward for the collapse, not only will I be able to tell all the ignorant people out there "I told you so.." I may as well bare witness to the day that mankind finally comes together and pulls eachother out of the mud to recreate what we have been destroying for quite some time.

What ever happened to the time when the people would make the decisions, decide who gets what and how a town should be run. I can tell you what happened to those times. MONEY

..ending the Fed would be the single greatest step we could take to restoring American prosperity and freedom and guarenteeing that they both have a future.
I have no doubt that some people consider such protests to be shocking, radical, even dangerous, but the truth is that they arise from an impulse deeply rooted in our nation's history. The nineteenth century saw many similar protests against the national bank system and the attempt to centralize money and credit in a government-sponsored, government-backed institution that operates in complete secrecy. -Ron Paul in End the Fed

"As to the assumed authority of any assembly in making paper money, or paper of any kind, a legal tender, or in other language, a compulsive payment, it is not most presumtuous attempt at arbitrary power. There can be no such power in a republican government: the people have no freedom---and property no security---where as practise can be acted." -Thomas Paine in Common Sense

Sadly, this money system has enslaved us as a species, we have grown dependent on something so evil that it is slowly killing us. We have wandered away from what we have accomplished before these times; what we as a people are capable of. We have allowed the men and women in fancy suits and dresses take control of our lives, we have allowed them to push around and heard us like sheep for their own personal gain. While the south was in disaster I bet most of these men and women were attending the "Royal Wedding."
They don't care about us, they never did, all they see us as is a form of money going to them through tax. Again I hope the money system fails.

Honestly, it would be better that way.

edit on 1-5-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Okay, first you missed my point about my experiences within the past decade and really, there's no value in restating it. Read and re-read until you understand - or don't.

In the US, you have things being legislated right now that will prevent you from surviving in an emergency, but you can always go to one of those camps FEMA is setting up just for that purpose.

What else you have is a generation of TV retarded youth who react to everything with their overinflated egos and their wannabe tough guy mentalities and swaggering. This will be, first and foremost, a lesson in humility for the majority, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen for everyone as you state here, and certainly not for those reasons. People can still do things without money as the prime motivator. When I have a skill, it doesn't disappear because I get no monetary reward for providing it. That isn't even selfishness, that's simply a lack of generosity and love for your fellow man. That sort of behavior has its own "reward".

And see, here's another point: When you have a service you can provide, you can share that with others who have similar skills. Look at who you are. What do you offer to society? Do you just take and give nothing in return? Is your heart that black that you too will become a desperate animal when no one gives you everything anymore?

Food does not come from stores. It comes from the earth. Medicines do not come from labs or pharmacies. It comes from the earth. Water does not come from a factory. It comes from the earth. There is nothing on earth that doesn't come from the earth. If you think otherwise, I invite you to examine yourself closer. Your belief system is in grave error. What you actually mean is that you want everything brought to you and you just go grab some because you have...oh wait. You don't have (money) anymore. Now you realize your true impotence.

Get a skill and be a good person. You'll be fine. We all will. Move with love in your heart and generosity in your soul. Help others land on their feet and they will help you. I know this to be true. If you don't believe it, you won't believe it when it happens either. Do you understand any better yet?

And by the way, studies do not ever reflect real life. They are always skewed. Always.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join