It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's go medival on them. Bring back Tally sticks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
They worked well for 700 years, they are interest-free and impossible to counter-fiat. Face it even if you laser cut a perfect match to a tally stick with DNA testing it would have to come from the same tree.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

Man, I wish I could remember what documentary I just heard about those recently. (Never heard of tally sticks before then.)

I'm sure some good counter-arguments are forthcoming, but until I read them...

Great Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star & Flag for you.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

It sounds like a great idea. Might keep the tax man at bay. could you imagine how they would try to keep records or hold their hand out for a piece of it.
edit on 13-7-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
reply to post by ..5..

Man, I wish I could remember what documentary I just heard about those recently.

Money masters I believe it was

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The tally sticks were just another form of fiat currency, it was a way of artificially expanding the money supply, creating bubbles and recessions -- booms and busts. Tally Sticks would be no different from what we have now.

Also, for them to work govt would still have to maintain its monopoly on legal tender, otherwise they probably wouldn't work. What we need to do is get rid of the monopoly on legal tender and just let the market decide which currency it wants to use. There's no need to force some-type of standard.

If a people want to use tally sticks -- that's fine, and if it works that's fine too! But let the people that don't want to use them use whatever currency they choose.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here's the part of the ``Money masters `` documentary that talked about them.

new topics

top topics

join