Nato strike 'kills Saif al-Arab Gaddafi', Libya says

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by wonderworld

A non-binding resolution by the UN Human Rights Commision is your proof that the Geneva Conventions have been breached? Hmmm... Not quite. Try again.

Wow dude have you even read the Geneva Convention? NO,,, It appears you have insulted everyones comments in one post here. Where on earth do you come up with this information. I havent seen it written. To clear this up you may need to do a bit of homework. You can start at step one by reading this.

Special Protection Of Children During Armed Conflicts Under The Geneva Conventions Regime

www.worldlii.org...

I thought I'd make it stick out in case you missed it the first time. I just dont like to repeat myself more than once.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
And my original memories of this, being the length of a humans and not a goldfish with a brain disfunction, is of footage

Have I in anyway insulted you or called into question you're intelligence on this thread or ever on any topic on this site? Have I addressed you at all in fact?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Your claim. Pictures or you are full of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

Woe is me.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

# just got real, hes going to retaliate for this, who wants a bet?

Against who? Against NATO? No, he wont.

He didn't retaliate in 1986 when his adopted daughter was killed in a bombing led by the US...

All he did was leave the building as it was, as a reminder to the people of Lybia " Of the aggression of the US".

It also got him to calm down quite a bit until just recently... When his people got fed up with them and he decided to start attacking his own people.

I fully expect more of the same from him until he is dead...

edit on 30-4-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

He's trying to get all of us upset. Dont let him. We have seen this before. There is no way he will stop unless we ignor him. On the other hand he has me in the mood to argue my point too but it's worthless at this point. Watch, I'll probably keep arguing anyways. We know what we are saying is correct.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

We know what we are saying is correct.

Don't you love that feeling? knowing that what you're saying is right, and knowing the other party (disinfo) can never refute the cold hard facts?

I know I do.

Sorry for being off topic, but many people will know exactly what Im talking about

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well, NATO better just go get Gaddafi right now because they just crossed the line. Before this he was defiant and belligerent - now he's going to be consumed with anger and vengeance as well. Say what you like about the guy, but when you kill a man's son and grandchildren you better be prepared to face the consequences.

Things just got very ugly

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Reply to post by JohnGeeTee

Indeed xxx

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Reply to post by Skerrako

To be fair you sound as if you are in some laughingly important info war that "you must win!" .. You are jokes lol..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

The implication of a regime change in Libya would be extremely negative. Whatever your view on Gaddafi is(brutal tryrant or national hero) he has kept Libya together and functioning prior the the outbreak of civil war through a complex bureaucracy. Libya will be unable to sustain a functioning democracy due to the absence of bureaucrats if the rebels take control. Not only this but the required infastructure to run the country will be almost non-existent. Much like the de-Baathification of Iraq, Libya wiill most likely have the largest rebel opposition removed from any governing body. Opposition is a requirment for democracy to function.

So democracy will fail- who cares? You should care as it means another pro-U.S dictator will be in-power who will most likely be even more brutal then Gaddafi ever was especially becuase of the IMF and WBO backed economic reforms that will be undergone under a pro-U.S leadership. These reforms will severly damage or destroy the public infastructure(that Libyan rely on) and luanch a huge section of the 6 million Libyans into desperate poverty. They will oppose this and will be brutaly repressed as was the case in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Brazil, Indonesia, Iraq, China and Russia as they all implemented U.S backed economic reform. This war will cause more repression and more violence not to mention more terrorism- the exact things the U.S says they want to prevent. I predict that if the west succeeds Libya will become another Iraq. An anti-American populated country with rampant terrorism and a radicilization of the people.
edit on 30-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

Well, I must agree with you to a point. I was actually quite surprised when a few Rebels wanted out and started all this. Yes Gaddafi kept the government running, no it wasnt great and unjust but the fact is, as you say. It is comparable to Iraq, left in a disarray and most likely non-democratic.

What sticks in my mind is that one Rebel who begged us to help, saying he would actually hand sew each star on our US flag and plant it on their soil. Yes they are anti-American, this is why he arent handing them lethal weapons. It's a no win situation.

Thanks for reminding me of the IMF and WBO backed economic reforms, that always throws a monkey wrench in to the mix.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If are are pointedly targeting Gaddafi, then surely what Gaddafi does is the least of the problems we have?

First it was about preventing a humanitarian crisis, then it was sold as helping the rebels overthrow their own leader (otherwise known as INTERFERING IN ANOTHER STATES BUSINESS), now we are just going all-out to kill him.

Does International Law mean NOTHING to us (USA, UK, France, et. al.)?

Of course, we then sit there like idiots wondering why the world wishes to do us harm!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I still dont see why NATO has the right to kill a world leader. Seems like someone would have to vote on this.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

I'm tired of all these posts blaming this on "America". Yes, America is involved in this, but they are, BY NO MEASURE, the only ones participating in this NATO action

Do we know it was an American missile, or do we just blame the US for everything here?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Yahoo comments really make me wonder about humanity sometimes.

It’s not humanity… it’s a just a small bunch of paid off shills attempting to appear as humanity. Real humans don’t relish with joy over the deaths of someone’s grandchildren.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
Wow dude have you even read the Geneva Convention? NO,,,

Yes, actually. Starting with the ones from the 1800's right the way through to the newest protocols added in more recent times. I've been round the block on this site before and you aren't the first to cite a breach of the Geneva Conventions where there is none.

It appears you have insulted everyones comments in one post here. Where on earth do you come up with this information. I havent seen it written. To clear this up you may need to do a bit of homework. You can start at step one by reading this.

How so? By pointing out your first link is a non binding document from a UN commision calling on all member states to adopt the Conventions and latter protocols, or that your second link is an article written about said conventions, but neither actually a legally binding document? How have I insulted "everyone"? Bit gradiose of you to assume I have becuase of something I said to you.

I thought I'd make it stick out in case you missed it the first time. I just dont like to repeat myself more than once.

Me neither, but I find myself having to over and over everytime some idiot claims that Gaddafi is the umblemished child of God himself and never shot at anyone or had anyone killed. I've posted dozens of video's in earlier threads about Libya in response to claims of "show me" and yet it makes no difference.

Originally posted by JohnGeeTee
Have I in anyway insulted you or called into question you're intelligence on this thread or ever on any topic on this site? Have I addressed you at all in fact?

Nope, but what has that got to with the price of Fish in grimsby on a Wednesday? Many "commentators" on this subject matter seem to have their memories start some time after this whole thing kicked off. Did you take offence at what I said, as it wasn't necessarily directed at you personally. I was merely pointing out that I do not have a Goldfish brain and have it pretty clear in my mind what happened and when. If you think I meant you did, then you misread.

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Your claim. Pictures or you are full of it.

No doubht this will be ignored or treated as propoganda, but what the hell, it's a quiet night at work as most of the "disinfo" got dealt with before the Bank Holiday...

Now, here follows a list of a random selection of youtube video's posted by peeps from Libya. Some show crowds being fired upon, others show the Libyan soldiers murdered for refusing orders, others show the foreign fighters. Alongside each video is an almost inexhausatble supply of similiar videos. Take your pick. Obviously, as most are shot on phone's or other low quaility camera's, you can claim they are faked or propoganda and I am sure you will, but likewise any pics or video's you show will be the same. However, there are some from "non-Western" media outlets in there.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Now, that is more than enough to get you started. No doubt you will either ignore it or screm "propoganda" though so my time has essentially been wasted.

reply to post by JohnGeeTee

Hey John, he hasnt only insulted you he inslted many of us at once. This usually means disinfo agent.

No, if anything I insulted YOU. It wasn't a group attack, I was picking on YOU and you're dubious claims of breaches in the Geneva Convention.

Haha, disinfo agent.... Is that really the best you can come up with? Am I suppoed to get paid, as I could do with the cash...

edit on 30/4/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

That's the saddest thing I've seen in a while in any thread and before I'd have posted something as ridiculous as that I would have asked myself one question "Is it necessary?" The bravery of being out of range my friend, nothing more!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

O.K simply remove the word agent after the disinfo part. You did in fact pick apart at least 5 comments in one post, all with different views. We are on to you. 1800's Geneva Convention,,,,, O.K whatever you say.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join