It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato strike 'kills Saif al-Arab Gaddafi', Libya says

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
so typical of you that you back and support the terrorists (rebels)
i am not surprised

Hmm, ironic. One could say the same about your comments! Anyhoo, terrorists? How so?

If you were shot at by armed men while demonstrating for the release of a humanitarian lawyer and in later demonstrations, would you not fight back? In fact, does the US constitution give you the right to bear arms precisely for this reason? How is it different anywhere else?

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Under the kingdom of libya, (which the idiots rebels want back) the Libyans suffered under there pro western king.

They don't, actually. They only fly the old flag because it is a national flag that isn't tainted by Gaddafi. I would also like you to substantiate your claims of abuses being worse under King Idris than Gaddafi.

Yes they are terrorists..I don't know if you know this but libya has been fighting muslim extremists for decades and the people have a very good standard of living and are treated very good by their government. Benghazi is a known terrosist breeding ground and sends 25% of foreign fighters to iraq(It is also the rebel stonghold). Search for, "libyan rebels wage genocide on black workers," and that should open your eyes. Even if you want to say it's a captured ghaddafi mercenary they tied him up upside down in front of a huge crowd and stabbed him to death. They would then behead the victim and hold the head in the air while the crowd would cheer. Search youtube it's disgusting videos you must have a strong stomach and be able to watch it. And your telling me this is a group of civillians standing up for change and a better life??

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The most incredibly sad part of this entire incident are the grandkids that were killed as well. Of course his son is a tragedy, agreed, but at least he had a full awareness of what his father faced and could have protected his familty from that....

I cannot stand Ghaddafi personally, but my dislike for him or anyone is not near enough to want them dead. ESPECIALLY not the innocents.

Maybe all that gold bullion that Libya sits on and the recent highs in the market might be playing a role? ..... no way, I'm a conspiracy theorist, I'm a nut... it just wouldn't be that way.
edit on 30-4-2011 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I like that analogy. NATO has really changed from a political organization after the Korean War. At that time their goal was only to keep the Russians out, keep the Americans in and the Germans down. There may be a day we need them but I don’t think now is that time. Ive known to watch for “Wars and rumors of Wars” It’s a Biblical warning, as is the frequency of natural and manmade disasters. Even the Muslims see the same warning signs. I dont expect you to agree about the Biblical thing, I just had to throw that in.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
UN Bouchard's boss
Prime minister Harper
is one of those
I can't go to heaven till after armegeddon types

so the god thing is a factor

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420

Yes they are terrorists..I don't know if you know this but libya has been fighting muslim extremists for decades and the people have a very good standard of living and are treated very good by their government. Benghazi is a known terrosist breeding ground and sends 25% of foreign fighters to iraq(It is also the rebel stonghold). Search for, "libyan rebels wage genocide on black workers," and that should open your eyes. Even if you want to say it's a captured ghaddafi mercenary they tied him up upside down in front of a huge crowd and stabbed him to death. They would then behead the victim and hold the head in the air while the crowd would cheer. Search youtube it's disgusting videos you must have a strong stomach and be able to watch it. And your telling me this is a group of civillians standing up for change and a better life??

Your comments here that "libya has been fighting muslim extremists for decades and the people have a very good standard of living and are treated very good by their government. Benghazi is a known terrosist breeding ground"

Brings me back to that comment Gaddafi made that helping the Rebels is helping Al Qaeda in Benghazi. Just "WHAT if he is telling the truth! This stuff is getting heavy.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Brings me back to that comment Gaddafi made that helping the Rebels is helping Al Qaeda in Benghazi. Just "WHAT if he is telling the truth! This stuff is getting heavy.

Honestly, WW, I have believed him right from the start about that! For precisely the same reason I believe that Saddam Hussein had absolutely no reason to deal with terrorist factions, I believe the same of Ghaddafi.

He really has no reason to be disingenuous about that.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

Is this sarcasm?

It had better well be.

After NATO forces hit a school for disabled children, they lost any support they might have gotten from me.

Where are the people who keep these forces in check and why are they sitting around with their thumbs up their asses?

As for the gung-ho, sadistic bastards on here? Go to hell!
edit on 1-5-2011 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

# just got real, hes going to retaliate for this, who wants a bet?
I think now he will throw his dummy out the pram and use his mustard gas, anyone else thinking the same?
just like he retaliated when one of his daughters got murdered
i 100% think this is the end of the line
and he said he will go to war with italy, maybe this was the reason why, maybe this news has been delayed somewhat???

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

What mustard gas would that be then?
I thought the American minion said that they weren't trying for regime change? Oh well, I expected truth from the American military?

Why shouldn't he retaliate? Wouldn't you, if two of your children and 3 of your grandchildren were murdered?
Some plonker said on another thread that "if Ghaddafi does a 9/11 on America' blah blah threaten and bluster", but that presupposes that (a) the official 9/11 story is true and I think we all know it;s not and that (b) Ghaddafi ever wants or wanted to harm America! (I'd be amazed if he doesn't, isn't he justfied?) but how is he supposed to do that? With imaginary WMD?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Vicky,

We (the US) it seems simply won't be happy until we plunder all of the worlds resources, and that includes other peoples minds I guess.

You know, I did my 20 in the service, and because of that, when people are around me, they automatically assume that I gratuitously approve of everything the Military machine here does. But, I will say this, when I first went in, in '83, let me tell you, there WAS honor on that battlefield....now, the honor seems to be being guided by number of friend tags on facebook.....maybe Ghaddafi simply needs to logon more and he would be ok.

Oh yea, and his kids and grandkids would still be alive.
edit on 1-5-2011 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Steam
It would be interesting to see which country carried out the air strike.

The USA of course! (If they didn't carry out the strike, they ordered it. No other NATO country would dare do anything without American permission, or commands...
Especially killing children.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

Honestly, WW, I have believed him right from the start about that! For precisely the same reason I believe that Saddam Hussein had absolutely no reason to deal with terrorist factions, I believe the same of Ghaddafi.

He really has no reason to be disingenuous about that.

I believe you whole heartedly believe him to be truthful. I can only speculate but it does sound possible. I base some of my conclusions on the fact that we told Gaddafi to stop his nuclear activities and he did it, no problem. We cant solve all the worlds problems. They sustained themselves; however not in a way America does but it really boils down to is the motive behind helping these Rebels. It does seem there were more Gaddafi supports than Rebels. I suspected it was due to fear of him but I'm not sure now. We all want peace, it's totally bonkers now, with so many Wars at once.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I hope that everyone responsible for this war dies a slow and horrible death and that everything they touch makes them miserable. And then, I hope when they die, they have full awareness of how wrong it is to kill other humans beings out of greed.

Seconded!
You're 100% correct...
Vicky

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
News of this...
sounds like a repeat of Saddam Hussien sons going first and then Saddam himself.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by Steam
It would be interesting to see which country carried out the air strike.

The USA of course! (If they didn't carry out the strike, they ordered it. No other NATO country would dare do anything without American permission, or commands...
Especially killing children.

The United States did not send out an order to kill those children. I had no idea that even New Zealand hated America. We are begged to help, this war is still very speculative.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I believe you whole heartedly believe him to be truthful.

Not overall truthful, but about that in particular, I think he wasn't lying.

I can only speculate but it does sound possible. I base some of my conclusions on the fact that we told Gaddafi to stop his nuclear activities and he did it, no problem.

Likely he knew he had no choice, but because he did NOT hate his people, and he knew worldwide sanctions were not the route to take for his own people....because of precisely what is happening now. I think he bought them as much time as possible.

But, look at the pattern....we ask someone if they're doing something. They say yes. We tell them to stop. They say ok. We later accuse them of not being truthful about keeping to the agreement. They say they are. We call them liars. They (obviously) cant prove they are NOT liars to the world when the world seems to love long documents that no one ever reads from the intelligence communities. We go to war. The country is never the same again. It's a repeating cycle.

We all want peace, it's totally bonkers now, with so many Wars at once.

If you mean we here at ATS, I agree....if you mean we, the world at large, I'm not so sure about how much I agree.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
UN Bouchard's boss
Prime minister Harper
is one of those
I can't go to heaven till after armegeddon types

so the god thing is a factor

Yes the God Factor is there, The Holy War Factor is there but I tried not to reiterate much on that now when other humanitarian concerns seem more relevant. That subject always starts an ATS war.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
HA! Good. I like it. Drinking one for NATO! Our celestial ministers of death are closing in on Gaddafi, he wanted to fight to the death and he'll get it.
edit on 1-5-2011 by JohnnyWarbucks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Yea, the US can't give the command for NATO to bomb anything at all. I'm sure the opinions are weighed heavily from the JCOS, but right now Ramussen is top dog, and if he says no, it's no.

It sure wont put the Danish in any better with Muslims though, that is for sure.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Yes I see a pattern of "he said she said" “no nukes” no one believes them. It sounds like Iraq all over again. I understand not wanting the people sanctioned. He made a wise choice, but like you say he probably didnt have a choice but no nasties came of that situation.

Yes I did mean hear at ATS wanting peace and not worldwide. I have had some heated debates on here with a couple Muslims who hoped the US would get blown off the face of the earth though. There are many on here also who don’t want peace. Their hatred runs too deep. No one on this thread though. We all have deep feelings for our Countries and Religions. It's easy to get heated over such topics.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I for one hope Gaddafi IS targeted and gotten rid of one way or another. Regardless of talk about the US's interests....the man is killing his own people, he became ' ruler ' by undemocratic means, he milks his country of wealth that should be shared with his people, he IS a terrorist himself, and as far as his grandchildren? Any grandfather worth his salt would have had precious family members sent far away from sites of conflict.
He deserves anything thrown at him.

End of rant. ( and I never mentioned Lockerbie..)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join