It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Hunting had it right 14 years ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It's been a long time since I've seen the movie "Good Will Hunting", but coming across this clip makes me want to watch it again and soon.

All I want to do is ask you to watch this video (it's less than 3 minutes) and if you'd like to comment that would be awesome. Personally, I couldn't agree more with what the character Will Hunting says.

The character is in a job interview with the National Security Agency when he is asked "why wouldn't you want to work for the NSA?". Listen to his very specific answer and remember this was in theaters 14 years ago in 1997.

So, any thoughts or comments or does it just leave you without words like it did to me?

MODS - I could have sworn I saw another thread recently about this video. However a search comes up empty. If a thread has already been done please close. Also, I hope I picked the right forum. If not, please move. Sorry to be such high-maintenance.

edit on 30-4-2011 by Hessling because: Clarification

edit on 30-4-2011 by Hessling because: ETA

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
That was fantastic! He couldn't have been more spot on. It just goes to show that the American people have been getting continuously screwed, things haven't changed a bit. Just the puppet names.

edit on 30-4-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
One of my favorite movies. Have thought of this scene a lot, over the years.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
sorry i cant stand matt damon hes a two faced political shill.

if the dude actually believed the tripe he spouts he wouldnt go do any movies contrary to his beliefs.

which in fact he has done quite a bit.

hes and actor he gets PAID to make you beleive in something he doesnt thats why actors and politicians get along so well.

my take
edit on 30-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Fair enough. I honestly considered writing a disclaimer to the effect that lots of people don't like Matt Damon.

That being said, I've seen many posts by you and always read them. Yup, quite often star them to boot.

Leaving your thoughts about the actor out, what did you think about his reply?

If it helps, envision Bruce Willis in Matt Damon's place.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Struck me as a funny answer. Not only that, but couldn't you just see Bruce Willis delivering those lines? He's always struck me as the better actor.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

my dislike for damon came about due to his appearances on chris matthews hardball

sorry for that elaboration what do i think of his comments the same old liberal anti government anti capitalist typical anti corporate rant.

and yes america does things i am not proud of but then agian those are the only reasons we exist today people have made those decisions ever since this country was founded but when people denigrate one side which damon is doing in that film piece its only telling one side of the story.

its is also fair to say that yeah america screws people over in other countries but they also screw us over here.

things could be alot worse in this country and people just dont seem to grasp that concept.

bruce willis nah willis would never say things such as these as far as i know willis is one of the most a political actors out there.

i do agree with willis being a better actor.
edit on 30-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Great reminder, EXCELLENT movie "Good Will Hunting", highly deserving of the Oscar.

I've been watching old episodes of "The West Wing" recently, there's some really, really good quotes in there too.

new topics

top topics

join