It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I discovered an anomoly event in my life ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ok so this could be very easily explained as me having been forgetfull, or simply the other person never having paid enough attention to me in the past, all the same this feels very strange to me, and I would really like to hear your thoughts....

I work one day a week for a retailer, and have done for the last two and a half years. As it was a nice day I sat outside for lunch, along with some colleagues, two of whom were managers.

Anyway one of these managers when I joined was a supervisor, and left as she was promoted to manager at another store about a year into my employment, and she came back around October last year.

Being the bad girl that I am I lit up a ciggarette after having my lunch, only for this manager to say to me "I didn't know you smoked!"

I was a little taken aback by this, and after about 20 seconds of mulling it over in my head I said to her "But not long after you came back to the store last year, you and me had a ciggarette break together!" Meaning both of us having a ciggie.

To which she replied "But I have never smoked !"

Now at that point I thought, well ok maybe I am mistaken, and it was only me who had a ciggarrette on the day in question, but I definately smoked in front of her before today, and not just on the occaision I raised with her, but on other occaisions before she left the store, and most noticebly at her leaving do.

So feeling a little shell shocked, this person has known me on and off now for two and a half years, I know she has seen me smoke before, yet she seems to have no recollection of it.

Could this be considered a time slip ? dimensional slip ? or something else ?

If it could be a time/dimensional slip, whoose slip was it ?

Been really bugging me since the conversation took place, so would love to hear a fresh pespective

edit on 30-4-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
A quick answer to your question is NO.

Why did that even come into you train of thought? Someone you see 1 day a week...who works in a retailers cant remember if you smoke or not. I would imagine as they work in retail they see and speak to a lot of customers and staff??

I dont see anything strange at all

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Maybe she just didn't want the other people present to know that she smoked?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Sorry but same as the guy said above, I don't think there is anything to it either..

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Perhaps, but I know she knows me

2nd line

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Maybe she just didn't want the other people present to know that she smoked?

Yeah that one entered my mind too

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Everybody wants to feel special and important. Especially on these forums.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
you never really know someone OR yourself completly
people forget things all the time like how old people forget how old they are or what year it is.
in your case its not a big deal, check her fingers maybe she has yellow tips?!

maybe she has that thing like guy pearce did in memento

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Maybe she has a doppelganger?

I really don't know.

I do know an event like that would drive me nuts though.

Did you share any other encounters with her?
If you have, see if she remembers them?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

I am truly dismayed at most of the replies on here, honestly, can somebody explain to me, what some people are doing on ATS if they are just going to be dismissive? That's not denying ignorance that's just closing yourself off from researching and then being able to deny ignorance

Solargeddon, I know how you feel, I have a ... false memory ... I call it a "false" memory, because I have analyzed it until there was nothing left to analyze, and it is completely impossible, in other words, it just simply could not have happened in the circumstances I was in at the time.

Yet, I have this clear clear memory, of my actions, what I was doing, what I was saying, thinking, feeling at the time. Like when something has actually happened that way. But I know, that it couldn't have happened, it just is simply, impossible for the circumstances.

I can't help you, I don't know what it is, but I figured, it would at least help you a bit by knowing you're not the only one that is experiencing this. In the beginning when I first 'discovered' the 'false' memory, it drove me around the bend, and nobody seems to understand the implications of it. It's a memory from my late teens in school, when I 'discovered' it, I was relating to somebody about my school, I started talking to them, telling them about this 'event' and then I stopped myself, and I realized, but that's impossible. I 'discovered' it a couple of years ago. How I eventually stopped myself from going completely bonkers about it, was to let it slip into the archives of my mind. I researched it, I couldn't get a definitive answer, so I decided to archive it, until more information came available and I could revisit the anomaly. If you don't do that, then it would drive you completely bonkers, knowing you have a 'false' memory and not being able to figure out why how what or anything, will do that to you.

So research it, see if you find anything, if you do, I would appreciate what you have found as well, but don't dwell on it too long, at some point you just tell yourself, enough with this, and you archive it, before you become obsessed with it. Good luck to you.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Fenix777

Well said Fenix777, This is ATS after all, An interesting account there OP, Not quite on topic but relevant IMO,
My big tomcat (Monty) disappeared about a month ago, In my heart i knew he had passed on and had probably been killed by the local foxes, So i was sitting watching the news and it was customary for Monty to come in and just show his tail then go feed what i had left out for him, that was his habit of saying "God is home" lol, So shortly after he disappeared along came along his big tale and flashed it in the corner off my eye, i jumped up expecting him to be eating but he wasn't there, Now you can say i imagined this but i self analysed and remembered that there were no paw-steeps he was a big cat and i have wooden floors so it was a distinctive sound, Just thought i would relate that wee storey to yous guys thanks for listening, Oh nearly forgot i think it was his way of saying I'm OK you can catch me up later don't be worrying, He had moved on to another realm...
edit on 1-5-2011 by foxhoundone because: Poor memory lol

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It has happened to me. Many years ago, I had a conversation with some family members.
Someone was accused of doing something bad. So bad that I would think that everyone present would remember it for the rest of their lives!
But, When I mentioned it again a few years ago, no one knew what I was talking about! They have no recall of that day.
That to me is, untill today, very frustrating. I know it happened, just as I know that it's Sunday today!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Thanks for your post

False memory that sounds like a better explanation than I used, and more accurate, its only because of the body of time that I was thinking along other lines.

I know what you mean about not letting it eat away at you, and for the best part its just another one of those things which has so many confounding variables, it could just be reading into something which isn't there, although that said the fact that I gave it more head time, than I would otherwise normally, instinctively tells me I'm questioning it for a reason.

Will definately try to research false memory, and see if anything turns up, and will post back on here should I discover anything.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by madleo
It has happened to me. Many years ago, I had a conversation with some family members.
Someone was accused of doing something bad. So bad that I would think that everyone present would remember it for the rest of their lives!
But, When I mentioned it again a few years ago, no one knew what I was talking about! They have no recall of that day.
That to me is, untill today, very frustrating. I know it happened, just as I know that it's Sunday today!

Its always nice to know there are other people who have had similar experiences, re-affirming you to not being completely crackers.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone

Well said Fenix777, This is ATS after all, An interesting account there OP, Not quite on topic but relevant IMO,
My big tomcat (Monty) disappeared about a month ago, In my heart i knew he had passed on and had probably been killed by the local foxes, So i was sitting watching the news and it was customary for Monty to come in and just show his tail then go feed what i had left out for him, that was his habit of saying "God is home" lol, So shortly after he disappeared along came along his big tale and flashed it in the corner off my eye, i jumped up expecting him to be eating but he wasn't there, Now you can say i imagined this but i self analysed and remembered that there were no paw-steeps he was a big cat and i have wooden floors so it was a distinctive sound, Just thought i would relate that wee storey to yous guys thanks for listening, Oh nearly forgot i think it was his way of saying I'm OK you can catch me up later don't be worrying, He had moved on to another realm...
edit on 1-5-2011 by foxhoundone because: Poor memory lol

What a lovely experience, one which I can relate to of sorts, many years ago somebody very close to me once died, and the night before their funeral I wrote them a letter to go with them.

After I had finished writing the letter, and stuck down the envelope I wrote their name on the front, put it on my windowsil, and placed a teddy, and a cd on top of the letter name side up.

When I woke up the next day, I went to pick up the items to take with me, and noticed the envelope was the other way up, i.e the name was face down. The teddy and the cd were still on top of it though, I have always seen this as affirmation that he had acknowledged the letter.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science
Maybe she has a doppelganger?

I really don't know.

I do know an event like that would drive me nuts though.

Did you share any other encounters with her?
If you have, see if she remembers them?

Not anything which seems out of step, but then I haven't questioned any of the conversations we shared whilst sat a matter of inches next to her on the occaision in question, as she disclosed some pretty sensitive information, and personal thoughts with me about her potential long term plans.

I will however be keeping a closer check on our interactions (not in any obsessive kind of way ), just to see if anything else comes to pass.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 420CUMMINS

Lol, yeah its quite a common thing to have happen, and has happend to me on countless occaisions, just not necessarily when someone has seen me smoke before, and not after two and a half years of knowing me.

What's "J" by the way ?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
you never really know someone OR yourself completly
people forget things all the time like how old people forget how old they are or what year it is.
in your case its not a big deal, check her fingers maybe she has yellow tips?!

maybe she has that thing like guy pearce did in memento

Hmmm never seen memento, might have to induldge, and yes youre right it is possible that it is just a memory lapse, on one or even both our parts, I think its only because it felt a bit strange that I questioned it, especailly as the way she said it to me it really was a tone of utter shock, and revelation to her lol.

No don't think she has yellow tips, mind you saying that nor do I lol

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by moogins

Everybody wants to feel special and important. Especially on these forums.

But moogins EVERYBODY is special, all of the time, something like my post doesn't make someone anymore special, it just makes them a little more quirky/forgetful/inquisitive, and add on anything else you like

edit on 1-5-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join