It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Char-Lee
Anyone can send the local paper news of a family birth or death to be added to the paper...If Grandma wanted a record for her grandson she would have sent it in.
source They even go so far as to make the case that Obama's birth would have been announced even had he been born in Kenya for some odd reason. Anyway, woulda shoulda coulda but didna.
However, a detailed investigation of the history and procedures used by Hawaii’s municipal health department, and its relationship with the newspapers, shows that not only was it a matter of official policy that Obama’s birth would have been announced in the paper regardless of where he was born, the information used to publish the announcements is not even confirmed through any eye-witness medical authority or hospital in the state.
Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by Signals
Considering that article was written March 18th 2010, and considering his birth certificate was only just now released, I think its painfully obvious that this is NOT his birth certificate. They needed an image for the story, so someone photoshoped up crappy version of the 'Holy Grail' that the birthers were looking for. Its like if you had a story about the Arc of the covenant, you might throw in a picture of such an arc....No one in their right mind would think it was actually the REAL arc, especially if they just read the story talking about how no one has ever found it. In this story it talks about how Hawaii might start ignoring people's request for Obama's Birth Certificate.....So why would you think it would include a PICTURE OF IT?!?!? LMAO!!!! The picture is meant as a satirical example...thats it. It's tantalizing eye candy of a mysterious object that would 'prove' the Birthers right.
Originally posted by EternalThought
In case you want to see evolution of Obama Mama's signature.
Originally posted by Sinnthia
reply to post by kinda kurious
Which might also go a long way to explain why we are on page three of this thread without one single birther questioning the orignal source of this document and none being supplied in the OP. You would think if they had that telling image of a real document, where it came from would be part of the story.
Originally posted by Sherlock2009
reply to post by moonpie86
You dont seem to understand the magnitude of this.
EVERY piece of paper he has ever signed as president would be null and void.
Do you understand what that means.?
The applications, memos and other documents from the Immigration and Naturalization Service acquired in a Freedom of Information Act request by Heather Smathers of the Arizona Independent – which indicate Barack Obama Sr. would have been 27 at the time of his son's birth, not 25 – also suggest that the president's father did not leave the islands from the time of his August 1959 arrival until he departed for graduate studies at Harvard in June 1962
§338-6 Local agent to prepare birth certificate. (a) If neither parent of the newborn child whose birth is unattended as provided in section 338-5 is able to prepare a birth certificate, the local agent of the department of health shall secure the necessary information from any person having knowledge of the birth and prepare and file the certificate.
(b) The department shall prescribe the time within which a supplementary report furnishing information omitted on the original certificate may be returned for the purpose of completing the certificate. Certificates of birth completed by a supplementary report shall not be considered as "delayed" or "altered". [L 1949, c 327, §10; RL 1955, §57-9; am L Sp 1959 2d, c 1, §19; HRS §338-6]
§338-17.7 Establishment of new certificates of birth, when. (a) The department of health shall establish, in the following circumstances, a new certificate of birth for a person born in this State who already has a birth certificate filed with the department and who is referred to below as the "birth registrant":
(1) Upon receipt of an affidavit of paternity, a court order establishing paternity, or a certificate of marriage establishing the marriage of the natural parents to each other, together with a request from the birth registrant, or the birth registrant's parent or other person having legal custody of the birth registrant, that a new birth certificate be prepared because previously recorded information has been altered pursuant to law;
(2) Upon receipt of a certified copy of a final order, judgment, or decree of a court of competent jurisdiction that determined the nonexistence of a parent and child relationship between a person identified as a parent on the birth certificate on file and the birth registrant;
(3) Upon receipt of a certified copy of a final adoption decree, or of an abstract of the decree, pursuant to sections 338-20 and 578-14;
(4) Upon receipt of an affidavit of a physician that the physician has examined the birth registrant and has determined the following:
(A) The birth registrant's sex designation was entered incorrectly on the birth registrant's birth certificate; or
(B) The birth registrant has had a sex change operation and the sex designation on the birth registrant's birth certificate is no longer correct; provided that the director of health may further investigate and require additional information that the director deems necessary; or
(5) Upon request of a law enforcement agency certifying that a new birth certificate showing different information would provide for the safety of the birth registrant; provided that the new birth certificate shall contain information requested by the law enforcement agency, shall be assigned a new number and filed accordingly, and shall not substitute for the birth registrant's original birth certificate, which shall remain in place.
(b) When a new certificate of birth is established under this section, it shall be substituted for the original certificate of birth. Thereafter, the original certificate and the evidence supporting the preparation of the new certificate shall be sealed and filed. Such sealed document shall be opened only by an order of a court of record. [L 1973, c 39, §1; am L 1975, c 66, §2(3); am L 1979, c 130, §1 and c 203, §1; am L 1982, c 4, §1; am L 1983, c 65, §1; am L 1984, c 167, §1; am L 1993, c 131, §2]
Rules of Court
Adoption, new birth certificate, see HFCR rule 112.
Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Don't you just love the flaptrappers that provide NOTHING but fluff in their arguments? Flaptards. Yeah, I like that. All flap. All TARD. No beef. FLAPTARDS. A new replacement term for Obama apologists, asskissers, paid shills, character assassins, and the like.
Originally posted by davesmart
all 3 signatures look the same handwriting...