It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bashing Obama is proof that you are NOT thinking for yourself.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This site is starting to amaze me. I can remember a time when we discussed things of true importance, we respected each others opinions, and called it a day. Now, there are too many individuals that try to make people feel small, debunk concrete evidence(sounds dumb right),and totally disrespect what other people may feel or have to say. We are all in this together, because we all have something in common and we all desire one rare element, which is "truth".

So if we wish to understand 'any-thing' we must go to its root and not its leaf.......So lets go to the root.

It is in my humble understanding that the constitution exclaims that government of the union of states is to have a republican form of government(to which it stands, one nation under God). With that being said, I don't understand how we can have anything "democratic". Democratic presidents are really only the Chief Executive Officer's of the corporation of U.S.A., which is allowed to act as The United States President. The 'cloth' we refer to as a flag is actually a banner. Corporations fly banners on the property of private businesses, for example, Mcdonalds and their banners, Nike banners at the outlets......
Some of other ideas of how our flag should be

From the loftiest point of its roof, during precisely three and a half hours of each forenoon, floats or droops, in breeze or calm, the banner of the republic; but with the thirteen stripes turned vertically, instead of horizontally, and thus indicating that a civil, and not a military, post of Uncle Sam's government is here established. -Nathaniel Hawthorne Scarlett Letter

Democracy=Homeland, statutes and codes,sheriff, corporation, a secure life without liberty-
Republic=the people, the constitution, police, sovereign people and businesses, a life with liberty and choice so one can produce a solution to secure ones self.

The use of statutes and codes are completely disrespectful to the constitution along with the other minor forms of court. The constitution is "the supreme law of the land". Why try to bash Obama and spend countless hours trying to prove he wasn't born over here when he's operating through the loop hole called democracy where every thing is literally the opposite and contrary to the constitution. All 43 of the other presidents were 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation of the descendants of immigrants, why does it matter about obama???? Being 'born' here and being 'from' here are different things legally and historically. This country was founded upon this very principle by people that 'arrived' and people that were descendants of people that were born here NOT an autochthon or an indigenous people to any of the Americas. Just facts.

So why does it even matter at the end of the day???. One should be worried about the fact the this country has been hi-jacked by corps(the army, banks, microsoft, all together in the name of democracy) and is serving the need of the private and not the public!
Did you ever notice it is actually called the Marine Corps.????

Im not against Obama I respect him as long as he's president, thats how I was raised. I was taught if don't like how something is being done here, everyone is free to go to anywhere else, why complain and bicker........ but he said something that no other president said according to my knowledge. Obama stated that we need a 'civilian' millitary. The military is of the private sector which is even more scary because private is the opposite of public. So that means your taxes at the end of the day pay for something or a war that has no interest in you. They gain resources and we end up losing our relatives. We now know that corporations will even go to war for private gain in the name of security and liberty.

I really just wanted to share my view, I can't wait to hear yours.

"If we American people ever allow monopoly banking to control the issue of currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, these banks and bureaucracies that will grow up around them will deprive we, the people of all our property until our children will wake up homeless on the continent which God gave us for stewardship." -Thomas Jefferson "The bold efforts that the present bank has made to control the government, the distress it has wantonly caused, are but premonitions of the fate which awaits the American people should they be deluded into a perpetuation of this institution. If the people only understood the rank injustice of the money and banking system there would be a revolution before morning. You are a den of vipers and thieves." -Andrew Jackson

Stop wasting ammo on Obama. Trust me he can be gone tomorrow, a month from now, or even when his term is up. The problem is still there. If he would've never became president, we will STILL be in the same sh*t hole.
Sry for typos and thank you for your time.

edit on 30-4-2011 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Oddly enough I've become more of a skeptic since joining ATS. So many arguments posted on this site seem to be spawned from the "I told ya so" factor. Small people wanting to experience superiority and the ability later on down the line to say I told ya so with a smug grin.

I do believe there are many disinfo agents patrolling this site. However they don't work for any government or cabal but seek to advance their own pithy agenda.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well said, I do hope more read this thread. That it does not sink below the nonsense daily "leaf topics" like so many other great threads.

S+F
edit on 30-4-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Woah, an individual making somewhat profound statements... Bravo.

I agree, this website has degraded quickly with the influx of 'awakened' individuals... Lol. Funny how they lack intuition AND research capabilities, all the while parading indoctrinated ideas around a conspiracy website. Looks like control mechanisms are still functioning quite well in our societies...

Truth of the matter is, Obama is merely a well designed puppet in the grand scheme of things. People need to get their heads out of their asses and take the Conspiracy 101 course. Much bigger cogs are turning, here... How about some Metaphysics 101 to go along with that?

The political section is purely a drain of energy. Despite pretentious rants and raves, you have absolutely no control over it and other drama portrayed as a national pass time. Cultural programming sure is a b*tch, ain't it?

Now lets discuss the actual shadow government and collaborating ET agendas... eh?

Addit: If you want the truth you have to select fringe topics and do plenty of independent research, there's no easy road and this site wouldn't even come close. A little meditation to boost the intuition goes a long way. Try and also connect with the natural world, not the artificial mind matrix...
edit on 30-4-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
bashing obama is proof i am thinking of myself

because obama is one of the worst presidents since carter.

my dislike for obama is simply because i am tired of getting screwed over.

***edit to add***

listening to the op is proof that people are not thinking for themselves.

edit on 30-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Rush, Sean, Savage, Bork, Beck etc, all encourage their fan base to flood the www. with anti progressive, anti liberal threads and posts.

It's called free speech. Original thought....that's another matter!!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Don't complain about government, you can leave? Just keep your mouth shut, and put your head down? You are no patriot, and you should be ashamed at even writing that statement.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" -Samuel Adams

You got it backwards, if you don't want to actively pursue liberty, you can leave.

Your title should read, "Bashing Obama proves you don't know the real enemy."

Presidents are not anything anymore, they are mouthpieces, they are puppets, whichever puppet is prettiest at the moment gets to do the masters bidding.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Presidents are not in control. President is a figure head to get mad at. A bullet-proof puppet with strings only visible to those who look for them.

If you didn't learn this with George W - and won't with Obama - Then please figure it out before the next anointment *COUGH* election...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I COMPETELY agree with the OP

Bashing Obama for not only continuing these wars but expanding it into the entire middle east means I do not think for myself.

Bashing Obama because he disallowed reporters near the BP Spill by telling the coast guard not to allow reporters near the spill site means I cannot think for myself - check my thread history for proof

Bashing Obama for bailing out corrupt corporations is proof I cannot think for myself

Basing Obama because he is guilty of Cronyism means I cannot think for myself!
I HATE Monsanto, they are an evil coportation, but obama making a Monsanto Exec as the food Czar does not mean I should dislike Obama

Also just because Obama has increased the number of Czars for the sole purpose of making an attempt to bypass Congress and Senate does not mean I should dislike him, because doing so would mean I cannot think for myself

Man, I wish my brain was as evolved as the OP

edit on 30-4-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I COMPETELY agree with the OP

Bashing Obama for not only continuing these wars but expanding it into the entire middle east means I do not think for myself.

Bashing Obama because he disallowed reporters near the BP Spill by telling the coast guard not to allow reporters near the spill site means I cannot think for myself - check my thread history for proof

Bashing Obama for bailing out corrupt corporations is proof I cannot think for myself

Man, I wish my brain was as evolved as the OP

yeah, this is a mondo troll thread. who the hell are you OP to tell me when i decide to speak, i'm parroting someone? i don't care what anyone thinks on ATS, i care about my feelings and how i feel about them, i don't care how you relate to them or interpret them. if i'm bashing someone, i have a damn good reason, and to clump me into a generalized group of people who can't think for themselves for some star farm thread is no different than bashing obama. i don't even need to read your post to know that you're doing the same thing, and that you're wasting space on ats with another "HEAR YE" morality threads.
edit on 30-4-2011 by shagreen heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

I completely agree

The OP should change his thread title to "If you think for yourself then that is proof that you are not thinking for yourself"

What a joke
I could so say so much more... but it's just not worth it

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wow, someone with the courage to fight against the sleep walkers that populate ATS, bravo.

This site is full of the sleep walkers who think they are awakened or enlightened to the truth....little do they know.

Bravo, OP. Your efforts do not go unnoticed.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I would think the opposite.

The MSM for the most part doesn't bash the president. (Fox news is the exeption). If one doesn't like his extensions for tax cuts for the rich, his expansion of the wars, and the fact that gas prices are through the roof, then that is exactly thinking FOR one's self.

I think criticism and objectivity are the epitome of individual thought.

Now if you're referring solely to bashing Obama's credibility to even legally be president, or that he's stupid, or basically anything that Donald Hump says, then yeah. he basically does not think for himself. I swear sometimes I think Donald Trump gets his information and anti-Obama speaking points from ATS threads.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Bashing on Obama?

Well, that choice of words show that you are interested in insulting "birthers" as not being able to confront the issue of Obama's status civilly.

This topic is just a stealth-insult Birthers thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Are you serious? This has to be the worst case of Kool-Aide drinking I have ever read.
It's worst then the study that Liberals have a huge problem solving brain, while conservatives have huge fear mongering brains... you should be totally ashamed...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's not the site, it's this Forum in particular.

Obama deserves the bashing he gets here, perhaps way more. I mean, if his mouth is moving, he's lying, I guarantee.

But - Political Madness is a disgrace to ATS.

Now, ask me why I'm posting here....

edit on 30-4-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCapIf you didn't learn this with George W - and won't with Obama - Then please figure it out before the next anointment *COUGH* election...

The Obama smash just seems to be catch up for those who supported GWB and missed out on all the crap flinging at the time. A few folks I know who laughed at the outrageous criticisms of Bush are now making equally outrageous statements about Obama.

Equally ludicrous is the idea that one half of the government can be totally subverted while the other remains pure as the driven snow. Also what's the deal with all these people following the birther thing while also being able to come up with many more real criticisms?

We've entered the age of political theater where valid critique of politics as been passed aside in favor of elaborate mythologies. Just a momentary diversion to keep you entertained while all the real stuff goes down.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I respect all of your opinions. Please read how I opened the post and keep you insolent, disrespectful tone to yourself. No one can benefit from it.
If you know the answers, promote critical thinking, tearing someone down based on your beliefs reflects your inability to see things in an open view.
With that being said, its dinner time.

bashing obama is proof i am thinking of myself because obama is one of the worst presidents since carter. my dislike for obama is simply because i am tired of getting screwed over.

If you are tired of getting screwed over then you need to reeducate yourself. Understand that there are plenty of people that benefit from us being misinformed, Obama has to be on the bottom of that list.

Don't complain about government, you can leave? Just keep your mouth shut, and put your head down? You are no patriot, and you should be ashamed at even writing that statement.

Yes, precisely. If you wish to bash our president and constantly cause chaos and confusion then yes leave. There is a way to inform and there is to make sure we are all on the same track. All of this can be done with tact. Lets not forget we are adults. Throwing stones and stirring up the government from the ground up is absolutely and totally USELESS.

>>>This is for the rest of the poster that seem to take something that I didn't seem to offer in my post. Allow me to deduce my opinion in a language my 3 year old nephew would understand. There are 'bigger' fishes out there. Are we trying to fight for principles that would create a better environment for our children or are we throwing stones blindly hope that we hit one of the 'giants'.

Not liking something, complaining about, and actually going down to the library, learning the rights you apparently don't know have, are completely different things. Bashing the president is the norm now, not liking the gas prices is so old....

People only complain when they do not possess the necessary knowledge to make the required change. For example.

If one doesn't like his extensions for tax cuts for the rich, his expansion of the wars, and the fact that gas prices are through the roof, then that is exactly thinking FOR one's self.

All of these things truly have nothing to do with you "without your consent". Why is everyone complaining about gas when we know there are alternative methods????? Let me guess your waiting for them to give say its okay to use. Now as long as your are sitting around complaining, like everyone else and not going to the library to understand fuel, and to develop something for your community.
THAT IS NOT THINKING FOR ONE'S SELF.

If we know the military are private corps, funded by private corps, then why are we acting beast-like when this is a private war. Your absolutely correct, a private war with civilian troops. They ALL signed contracts to be apart of these private corps,so how can you even pretend to be mad when they have private agendas??? I stated in the first post but for those who didn't read it ,
for you, Obama is the first president to say "we need a civilian military". When you sign up for a private corp instead of trying to establish a military that would actually serve our country and not the private agenda.....Then......
THAT IS NOT THINKING FOR ONE'S SELF.

i don't even need to read your post to know that you're doing the same thing, and that you're wasting space on ats with another

Maybe you should read a little bit more before you jump off of the deep end because someone might not always have your best intentions in mind and they may let you spiral off into the abyss of ignorance. I presented some facts that are overlooked. I never once told anyone how to think, there are people that get paid to do that. I just wanted to say my piece. This is the place where we leave the non-sense alone and deal with the facts.

For The Naysayers that can't seem to realize, I am actually speaking for them too: I never meant DO NOT express yourself or to have a personal opinion or belief is not thinking for one's self. I am saying you can remove him from the picture and you will have the same "identical" mess. Everyone posting here is someone that is trying to seek something other than "what is prescribed". With that being said, we need to bash the hands that are controlling the strings not the puppets. I appreciate everyones opinion

** we can count each other on one hand, but if we work together we can restore sights like this to inform the masses so one day we may be able to aim our rage against the machine, the right way.*you guys know who you are, thank you*

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Your title is misleading. In conjunction with your opening post, it leads the reader to think that we are not thinking unless we think how you want us to think. Which further enforces the theme that we are not thinking for ourselves.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think the massive migration to this issue and subsequent stance speaks volumes.
This bizarre tactic (in the strategy to undermine the perception of a persons cultural, national - persona)
does appears to scream group think at this point due to the sheer popularity of the issue on the board.
If the birther myth was a song or movie it would be #1 on the charts... The truly strange thing about it is;
I think the myth and the sentiment is obscuring or decorating WHY this myth is so popular amongst such a large
swath of people. It is like a conversion of hate and mistrust into a form that is more primal, this is why I have used the descriptor, high school. What better way to consolidate a rush of emotional, logical concepts into potent
form??? This creation even gives people a vehicle to not only bash policy, but the person too, which feels
good when you hate someone or a representative of something.

You ever seen people berate a policeman in a crowd when the policeman has done nothing wrong per say?

This transfer is human, but it is an emotional occurrence too

One only needs to look at the long list of Obama's oddities, the history of this happenstance is substantial

Cruelty can feel good, it might rev up the base too, it might also alienate the middle, it you want to engage in the
drama of it all that is your choice

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join