It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

:Twin Towers:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
www.serendipity.li...

I am posting because I have a small problem with the math used and conclusions particularly dealing with the 2nd page of the link.

I have some questions for you, taking in these facts and figures.
(From 911 The Great Illusion)
Steel melts at 2800f
Jet Fuel burns at 1800f
Towers burned at 1200fto 1300f

On my link on the second page says: "Structural steel at 1022f has 60% of the strength of steel at normal temperatures".
Also, "The steel structure would have to be reduced to 20% of its rated strength to collapse."
and "Our only concern with this page is to determine the point on the graph where the steel would be weakened to 20% its original strength, and that point is 1320f.
lastly the writer on this site says the maximum temperature the WTC could have gotten was 680f.

In 911 The Great Illusion, he says 1200f to 1300f, almost twice as much of the estimate of 680f, and Im not confusing centigrade with fahrenheit. The websites authors case rests upon the fact that burning parking garages(when lighting a controled burn) never exceded 680f so the WTC towers wouldnt either.

Is there a general argument one way or the other on what temp the towers were?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
the buildings fell, it's a tragedy.... let it go already... no conspiracy about how they fell.

there are tons and tones of threads on this already....

whew... sorry guys, just tired of the same ole arguments day in and day out.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yes mods can you please shut this thread down, there are already about twenty on this topic, the fanatics just cant let a tragedy pass without twisting it into a government coverup, just like us not landing on the moon.

Last time Im gonna say it. THE STEEL DIDNT MELT IT EXPANDED AND WARPED. GET IT IN YOUR HEAD PEOPLE. Good grief.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There are many threads on this topic,

Ok before i lock this can anyone help find some links to the others,
I cant seem to find them lol

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Scolecite,

Please don't be offended by the behavior of some, curiousity and looking for answers is natural. There are many messages on this topic you can do a simple search for what you're looking for. Just click on the search tab at the top. Happy Posting and Good Luck!

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
here's a few 9/11 theory thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29-7-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
thank you for the links

and how bout the people that are accusing me of not looking, find a thread for me since those links arent too helpful and the moderator cant find them either.

[edit on 29-7-2004 by Scolecite]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I would guess it was some sort of conspiracy!

I hadn't heard that the steel had melted...only that it softened, and
then bent...causing the domino effect of one floor taking out another..

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Sorry that you didn't find those links helpful Scolecite... try these...

here is my search results, I'm not sure how this works but see if this link works for you.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I heard the first plane hit, I saw the second plane hit, and watched the towers fall from a roof-top 3 blocks away. I must say I was "frozen in time" for lack of a better words, but I heard no explosions, saw no fighter jets,"witch boggles my mind why there was no response from the most technologically advanced millitary in the world?" saw no planes with missles, and so on... I saw a commercail plane hit the second tower and explode into a fireball that left me suprised the tower stood as long as it did. This MUMBO-JUMBO about melting pionts of steel is BS. Those towers were doomed from the second of impact..

new topics

top topics

join