It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi calls on war with Italy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi on Saturday called on war with Italy, citing Italy's 'colonization' attempts.

Link: en.rian.ru...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wasn't there a prediction of Muslim armies sacking the Mediterranean all the way to France?

Seems like this could be it...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndiGo33
Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi on Saturday called on war with Italy, citing Italy's 'colonization' attempts.

Link: en.rian.ru...

Did he announce a declaration of war?

"We are already in a war with Italy since Italians kill our children in 2011 as they did in 1911, that is why I cannot forbid Libyans to defend their lives and carry the military actions on the enemy's territory," Gaddafi said.

I think he did, but I dont understand, does he expect the libyans to attack Italy and how? with planes? land invason? or suicide bombers? he doesnt state that he along with his army will do it. shame on him.

Originally posted by Mayura
Wasn't there a prediction of Muslim armies sacking the Mediterranean all the way to France?

Seems like this could be it...

Yes there is a prediction but thats not it, Libya is incapable of defeating the rebels, how are they going to cross the Mediterranean and advance all the way to france?, they have no allies and currently in a civil war.

The invasion will come later under a different united islamic flag from all sides through morroco, libya and turkey.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I believe that other Middle Eastern Countries will also get involved

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Maybe everything is starting to unfold towards WW3, the world seems to be going to poop at the minute, America warned Syria again yesterday about the killings of protesters, Libya is all over the place, Russia's not happy, God knows what China's doing and us Brits are in between the US, France and everyone else. Gaddafi wont be easy to get rid of, hes well stuck in for now. We have stirred up a hornets nest.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

It's happened before. You can't "sack" them though. Wars just don't work that way anymore.
Check out why most of Europe is like"..yeah...multiculturalism isn't very good."

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndiGo33
I believe that other Middle Eastern Countries will also get involved

please tell me who:

Saudi Arabia? [king abdullah hates qaddafi with his heart]
Egypt? [they're more likely invade libya]
Morroco? [these guys dont want trouble]
Tunisia? [qadafi blames the civil war on them and eygpt]
Algeria? [they're chilling on the beach]
Qatar? [they voted for NATO intervention]
Kuwait? [they wont, but if they do they can send 200 soldiers max
Iraq? [their army is very busy and is controlled by the USA]
Syria? [that would be suicide, they have lots to deal with at this moment]
Lebanon? [that army is for defence, incapable of offensive attack]
Yemen? [poorest arabic country, revolution too]
UAE? [building country atm, have been since the 70s]
Oman? [these guys want to catch up with the UAE, they want skyscrapers, no trouble, also no army]
Bahrain? [they will probably ask qaddafi for some forces instead]
Jordan? [the king is sleeping in bed with the west]

what qadafi meant by that statement is: blow yourselves up on enemy territory. very sad and selfish.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This mans crazy, I say we send the SAS in to assassinate the crazy. This guy can never win. And I pray to something that these events do not lead to World War 3 as I do not want to be drafted into the military.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

If I remember correctly... there was a 'charismatic leader' that stirred up the Arab world.

It would be interesting if this plays out, but with 2012 on the horizon, time is running short and I can tell you there are off world agendas at work. This scenario may lack substance and be more for show.

Either way, this next year's gonna be a blast. Trust that.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Oh come on. This is not WW3, nor Lybia (or any other Muslim country or all other Muslim countries together united) can in foreseable future invade Europe.
My take - he said it for following reasons:
A) He hints that he might order terror acts in Italy if it would continue air strikes. Doubt he is crazy enough to do it though so it is mainly for
B) Showing to Lybians that he is strong and can threaten Europeans thus hoping to reduce growth of public support of rebels.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You forget how these middle eastern countries hate us, this will unite the middle east against us.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Time will show

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The guy drives down his street and gets love.

But you know, maybe we oughta send the ATF after him? You know they will either get their guy or at least burn the hell out of the place. I mean is he any different than Guyana or Koresh or "The Base"? Kaddafi isn't any more crazy than "The Base" dudes Rambo teamed up with in that one movie, where he gives them Stingers. You know, again Col. Troutman comes to Rambo and says "We can go back in and save them Johnny!" and then he gets told to take pictures and he's all like "I'm supposed to take pictures??" ..Haha, in that moment, John Rambo is basically equal to the Blackhawk Down dude who drives the target car with a big X on it, in the film of the same name. The "abdi" character who drives his car in to identify the hotel at which Col Adid is located, is exactly the same role/function Rambo is asked to perform in his own movie. Do you see my logic? If only we could have found an Abdi-type taxi-driver for the Blackhawk Down situation, who instead of lasing the target lo-tech style, actually gets out of his car, infiltrates, and blows the thing to hell Vietnamese style. We need better allies to get real warfare done. Now, if you reread this paragraph a few times and go watch the Rambo series and then Blackhawk Down, you will see my point. The essence of Blackhawk Down events was this: The guy we were after, was basically the MacGuffin. Col. Adid was one of millions of tyrants, but the quality of soldiers we lose in such stupid events, is far beyond the worth of some stupid warlord arse. He ended up dead a few years later anyway, so if we had simply had Rambo driving the taxi, it would have been so much easier. But you see, we cannot use Rambo anymore coz he created so much Internetional flax with his actions.

So see, when Rambo and Col. Troutman sat down with AQ back in the 80s, there were no women in that tent and they didn't recognize that fact. Where are the women? They do not exist in the mind if Stallone, one assumes. He wrote First Blood Part Deux after the Titanic Director had written the first draft. Stallone took all the good stuff out so Titanic dude took all that discarded good stuf and made it into the movie ALIENS. If you note the two films are quite similar, revisiting the old demons and what have you, but most would be divided as to whom is the better hero: John Rambo, tool of the Army, or Ellen Ripley, lone wolf female with mechanical exoskeleton.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForeverZero
This mans crazy, I say we send the SAS in to assassinate the crazy. This guy can never win. And I pray to something that these events do not lead to World War 3 as I do not want to be drafted into the military.

No, that makes to much logical sense to do that so they wont. They want a problem child or they would do away with his idiot ass.

Israel will be all on its own i am afraid with Obama in power, WTF. Fortunately Israel will give them another biblical ass beating. Russia will bleed heavily from trying to mess with Gods land.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Prime Minister: Vladimir Putin quotes " Who Gave NATO the rights to kill Gaddafi"

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Wait for it.
Terrorist attacks on mainland italy (rome?).
Numerous reported deaths.
I feel we are in for more (not v. convincing) made for tv fakery.

Is ghadaffi in on the middle eastern charade, and a player(actor) in the opening
scene of the beginning of the scripted spread of actual turmoil in europe.
This is all a contrived agenda.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The Libyan memory is no different to any other persons. Certain events tend to stick in that memory. Italy had Libya for long enough. For your average Joe Libyan it wasn't an overly joyous experience.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thousands at vigil ahead of John Paul beatification

Well if Qaddafi wanted to hit hard he has the perfect target occurring on Sunday. Thousands of people packed in and around the Vatican and Rome to be there for the beatification of Pope John Paul. All it would take is one crazy terrorist or a hijacked plane. Let's just hope that Qaddafi is not that smart or, should I say, that stupid.
edit on 4/30/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForeverZero

But you're happy enough to sit at home and watch some other poor schmuck go and do it?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Not saying I am predicting this or even that it's true....BUT.....I heard interpretations of Revelations in the Bible that says the antichrist will emerge from Italy. If the countries in the middle east were to band together and attack Italy, then western countries could become involved. What a perfect scenario for him to come along! He supposedly will bring peace, only it will be a lie......and he will fool everyone. Like I said, just throwin it out there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join