It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for those who keep advocating the japanese people relocate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Quite simply earthquakes are a fact of life in japan - people accept that and live with it.
Just as people who live in the caribbean and u.s gulfcoast live with hurricanes every year.. Its nature and nature happens.
So why isnt there a big uproar to force the people who live in areas hit by hurricanes to abandon their homes and businesses ? Or is it just the current bit of western idiocy that we japanese abandon our home japan.. Have never heard the fuss made after any hurricane - even after katrina they rebuilt. Japan will rebuild we will not abandon our home and the land of our ancestors.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Then make laws that forbid building nuclear reactors in areas that get slammed by big quakes and tsunamis. Of course that means NOWHERE in Japan. But at least build above the height of the tsunami stones your ancestors left you scattered about the land on hillsides- some of which were swept away in the recent tsunami- I might add. So even THOSE are not reliable.

And there is no comparison in land mass to the US- that's why people have a much wider choice here of where to live. And even then they still insist on living in dangerous areas.

I think the talk I read of relocating Tokyo is probably a good idea. Northwest or south, imo. But get it away from the ocean as far as possible.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think most of the calls to relocate from Japan were due to the radio-active fallout, not the tendancy for earthquakes or tsunamis.

But, seeing as you guys recovered from 2 nuclear bombs, I am sure you will find a way to deal with the multiple nuclear meltdowns.

Also, there were calls to abandon the Gulf coast, they just were not very loud.

Personnally I think if people choose to live in an area known to be subject to catastrophic acts of nature then you should not expect everyone to run to your aid when they happen.(This is not directed at Japan, but the entire world in general.) If you choose to live there then you accept the consequences. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
your anger is very misplaced. Most of the calls for the Japanese people to move out of there is out of concern, and is suggested out of good will. You xenophobia is very apparent though and i would like you personally to stay put...perhaps move closer to fukushima.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Fukushima is still going on, underground most likely, already. They are not stopping it, they have to dig under the ground for some of this already and put a big cushion of Boron there to stop the fissioning and cool it down so they can cement it, and no sea water. Sea water is not what you do when the containers are damaged.

They say its going to continue for 9 more months and then one of their top experts said, the cement isn't going to work even then, its too hot, he says it could continue to spew this out, this is building and is now large readings of radiation. It is building in Japan, and the areas with the most rainfall in the biggest fallout regions, ie. Hawaii, and the west coast to the midwest in rain areas, so we here in the fraser valley where it has rained nonstop and I have leaky seals in my car, so it smells like an oily factory. We're getting it.

They have to put Boron on them, and dig under the ground and put Boron there and then cement them. There is no other way.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
BTW there was a huge argument about New Orleans and rebuilding in the low lying areas and the call was to not rebuild there and move to higher ground ...however that didn't happen, but there was a lot of arguing about it...guess you where not paying attention yet again.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I live less than twenty miles from a nuclear plant and at the first sign of trouble I'd grab my my BOB and hit the road. Sure it would be inconvenient, but so would radiation poisoning or death.

Now I'm not saying YOU should relocate because that's your call.

I understand it's hard for people who have lived their whole lives in the same spot to pack their things and leave. Maybe because I have relocated several times in my life I tend to see relocating and rebuilding a life somewhere else isn't an impossible task.

Or maybe I just realize there comes a point where being uncomfortable or facing uncertainty far outweighs being comfortable and facing certain peril.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thank you.. Some interesting replies.. As to not being up on things have spent the past month treating patients and searching for relatives lost in the area 25-35 km from fukushima taking a few days off to rest for first time since. So no Ive not been keeping up with outside news as have been busy working catching up now.. The joy of insomnia ..

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientmustytext
I live less than twenty miles from a nuclear plant and at the first sign of trouble I'd grab my my BOB and hit the road. Sure it would be inconvenient, but so would radiation poisoning or death.

Problem is that oftentimes it will be too late... by the time you realize there is a problem you may have been exposed to deadly doses of radiation. I think the only people that should be relocated are those in the 20 miles range around those plants and government should give them a nice heap of land in return. I think the whole country moving is a silly notion. Prayers go to the Japanese people

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I know exactly where you're coming from on this one.

There's been too much of this - but I have to think it stems in no small part from the general ignorance most people seem to have about all things Japanese.

If it's come to the point (and it has) where people are convinced that relocating all of Japan to Siberia is a viable option, and worse still if people think that resistance to such a move is solely based on some kind of bushido/klingon hybrid mindset, nothing either of us can say will change things.

Shoganai. Enjoy your golden week.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

If it's come to the point (and it has) where people are convinced that relocating all of Japan to Siberia is a viable option, and worse still if people think that resistance to such a move is solely based on some kind of bushido/klingon hybrid mindset, nothing either of us can say will change things.

you mean you don't want to abandon your warmish modern country to go live in some desolate freezing untamed land? i think your being unreasonable

all jokes aside who ever came up with that need to leave the thinking to somebody else

if that happend in england i'd stay aslong as some areas were still habbitable

sometimes Shoganai
edit on 30/4/11 by Aceofclubs because: to add a ? it looked odd

new topics

top topics

join