It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I saw a little man run by..."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here it is

Any ideas as what it could be?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
maybe a spirit???
(doesn't look like a little man to me..)

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I think that this post is great. As soon as I saw it it made me think of a story my dad told me when I was 12 or so. I live in West-Central Illinois. My mom and dads house (where I grew up at) is in the country about 1.5 miles away from a large forest full of oak trees, etc.

As a kid I was always reading paranormal books and would hit up anyone who had a story. My dad told me that our neighbors who lived about a mile and a half away by the edge of the woods had seen a little man on at least 2 occasions. The husband and wife who saw the 'little man' are now in there late 60's early 70's and are credible people. Once when they were pulling into their driveway after going shopping 'June'noticed a 'little man' sitting in a window sill that is about 6-7 feet off the ground on their garage. The sill is about 3-4 feet long and probably 2.5-3 feet tall. It is visible just above their wooden fence that encloses their pation around the garage. Anyways, June saw the little man when they pulled in. As she got out of the truck she took her eyes off of it and when she looked up again after getting out it was gone. I am not sure if her husband saw it. I would think that June would have called attention to the 'little man' when she saw it. On another occasion they came home and saw the little man looking out of their living room window. I guess they went inside and there was noone there. If it were me I would have been scared to death. I pressed my dad for more details but he knew no more. He just said that June and/or her husband had told the story after it had happened. I guess nothing else was ever said about it.

In the fall of 1993 (I was 13) my dad and I rode our bikes to the edge of the woods at dusk. The location of the woods was about 70 yards north of the house were the 'little man' sitings supposedly took place. My dad was scouting the woods for the upcoming whitetail deer hunting season. I waited on the roadside by the edge of the woods with the bikes while he entered the woods. He said he wouldn't be gone too long since the sun had already begun to set when we had left our house. The wind was howling and blowing the trees and grass in all directions. As I stood there and it grew dark I started thinking of the stories. I cannot remember a time in my life before or after that I have been so scared. I literally twirled in circles looking in every direction for a 'little man' until my dad returned from the woods. Thinking of it now I don't think I even let on to him that I was scared senseless. I sure was glad to see him ok so we could get the heck out of there. Sorry if this was all longwinded but seeing this topic sparked me to share this little tale, whether it is true or not. I have not heard of any other stories like this in this area of Illinois, although there are some black panther stories.

Eli Boone

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I can't really tell what that thing in the tree is? It doesn't look like a little man to me, and you said it was gone shortly thereafter. Perhaps it was some sort of an optical illusion or something someone hung there, and took down, as it wasn't there the next day? Odd that the bottom looks like it is almost part of the tree or growing from it, but the top appears to be lighter and different in appearance.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
personally I don't think
it is childish imagination
but rather childhood
vision.
having the ability
to see that which adults
cannot.
why ?
I dunno...probably
conditioning. maybe [ because they're still innocent ] .

I'd like to know if
anyone has written
a book on this !
this is a recent area of
interest for me.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
When I was about 6 or so my father got station to Fort Knox Ky, I remember getting to our new house (think it was in "the sticks" around radclif, which is pretty much everywhere around Radclif) around sunset, the electricity had not yet been turned on and all us kids, flashlight in hand, made a mad dash to call "dibs" on our new bedroom. At one room as we shined the light around taking a look, a shadow, which look like what could best be discribed as a leperchaun, moved across the far wall from right to left and disapeared. All of us kids slept in the car that night. This memory is as vivid today (I'm 43) as it was the day it happened.

Garaman Rex

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Garaman Rex]

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Garaman Rex]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It's probably a long shot, and I don't know if anyone remembers it, but I saw a videotape of one of these little men many years ago here in Norway. A man had sent it in to a news station and they showed it on TV. It showed a family on a skiingtrip or something like that, and a little man suddenly runs from one side to the other. He was so small we could only see his shoulders and head as he ran on the bottom of the screen.

At one point he even turned his head and looked into the camera. He had clothes on, and looked like a normal human being from shoulders up at least. I might not remember it correctly, but what I DO remember was that it freaked me out. I was so scared after I'd watched it. I'll try to see if I can dig up the video, but it was a long time ago (7-8 years maybe). Anyone else know anything about this?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Good luck with your search Rattus I would love to see that clip!!!
Sounds very eerie.

Wig

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You're not going to like this but imo it is jus a childs imagination.

What the OP could have seen was "a leaf" as his astute friend had thought or a cat, rat, or whatever.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hmmm it sounds like you saw a leprachaun... with the hat and all...Or you could have seen a gnome..or elf. Probably a leprachaun though. What happens is, at times you get these areas in which all of a sudden there is a line and the fourth demension creatures will show up. Leprachauns and fairies exist, and a lot of them are in Ireland. Many people in Ireland believe in fairies. I have never seen them, but I do believe in them. They dwell in the subterranian fourth demension.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Over Active Imagination........ nearly all children have one..... that's why nearly all the posts are from young folks. The brain can play tricks on you, and it's alot easier when you're young to imagine you've seen something. Sorry to bust all your bubbles but it was all in your heads.... doesn't mean it didn't seem real. It's just you brain working it's magic!

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scout1959
Over Active Imagination........ nearly all children have one..... that's why nearly all the posts are from young folks. The brain can play tricks on you, and it's alot easier when you're young to imagine you've seen something. Sorry to bust all your bubbles but it was all in your heads.... doesn't mean it didn't seem real. It's just you brain working it's magic!

geez mate...you really don't know what you are talking about. You better do some research, because the things I have seen I do not imagine...people today... aye yae yae...

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It could have been Brian Peppers sneeking around. - He's a convicted pedophile.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a year ago, i was driving down a country road in western mass. i saw a sheep about the size of my palm walking alongside the road. after spotting it, i slowed down my car and watched it hastily ran into the grass and dissappeared behind it... I didnt believe what i had seen that day. i always tell mysefl that it was some kind of extra hairy lab rat that escaped from local labs.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   

a sheep about the size of my palm walking alongside the road
Aaahaahaha! how random is that?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I see the myth survives

or should I say, the LIE survives

it's too bad that what people
don't understand they blindly label wrongly

or just willingly pass on bad info
out of ignorance without any further thought

Wig

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitelightwolf

geez mate...you really don't know what you are talking about. You better do some research, because the things I have seen I do not imagine...people today... aye yae yae...

Yeah well I'd rather have a healthy dose of logical thinking and sceptical inquiring mind than have a fairyland fantasy mind like yours. I guess you don't like Star Trek? Because when they see a ghost or whatever, they always analyse it logically and then prove what it was, whereas you would have us believe it was a ghost from the death realm/dimension.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Theres also the alternative explanation that young peoples minds have not been closed off as much and are able to percieve these things more readily. I'm going with that theory

You have to admit that the mind is closed off to such things as an adult, whether you like it or not it is. And we know how powerful the mind is, as in what we believe and think, can determine what we see. Children are not as restricted by this.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have a friend that swears that she and her mother saw a little man with a hat on the side of the road, on the country side. Here in Portugal I have many old stories evolving such creatures.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fawlty
Did he look anything like this?

The image isnt that clear but I think he may fit the general description. If it was blue it could have been a smurf. Collect three of them and I think you can use their hides to make gold.

HAHAHAHA! =)

It's funny whoever of you told about the baby pheasant and the edge of the field... I had a dream a few years back, about being at my grandparents farm in the country, and standing by the edge of the field and the woods, and looking over like 50 meters and seeing some little people a few feet tall, standing by tree-stumps. I don't remember anything alse, except that stuff always freaks me out. My great great grandmother who died after much over 100 years of age, saw some little men a few inches tall, pulling a big and heavy sack across the floor, and making very little progress, while staying over at my grandparents house in the city, while my mom was little. And the same house was haunted by nazi-footsteps, that would rock the chandelaires, and my mother as a teenager, once was sitting up late watching the olympics in that house, alone, and she heard the nazi footsteps come towards the room she was watching TV in! she ran over and locked the door, and took out the key, and then the handle started going up and down and up and down, and then she sat there scared untill she fell asleep, but the footsteps never went away.

These things are certainly evil, why else would they seek to scare people.

My younger brother almost drowned when we were little, when we pulled him up he said he wanted to stay there because he saw a treasure on the bottom. well, it was a tricksters image, because the water was shallow enough to touch the bottom with your feet.

A couple of years back I saw a ball lightning that came sneaking up a crevasse from the forest at our lodge, and went up on a branch of a tree, whereupon I heard a terrible laughter, cackling more like it, and saw the branch break clean off at the base, and the ball fly straight out over the lake at a few hundred meters height. My brother saw it the day after, when it zoomed across the ground in front of him, and disappeared.
I believe it may have been a spirit. The dead have shown themselves in many ways over the decades in those parts. One moonlit night, my now long dead grandmother saw a dead cousin of hers, running from the family cemetary where now my father also lies, and jumping across the road, and running the 20 meters down to the water, behind some pines, and STAY there behind a pine. She was bisycling passed the cemetary at the time. It's from the 11th century by the way. That is just a few kilometers from our lodge by the way, and we have line of sight to it also from there.

Here is a picture of the family cemetary. Taken from my familys most recent grave-site. We can't use the inner cemetary near the church walls, because they are all protected due to cultural heritage now. Photographer is literally standing on my familys graves. Right behind the big tree in the middle, across the lake and up the mountain side, is our lodge.
The smaller trees to the left are where my grandmothers dead cousin was hiding after he ran off the edge of the cemetary. The road is below a stone wall that holds the cemetary in place, about a meter or two drop, straight forward and between the end of the grass and between the trees and the lake.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a view from the inner cemetary. Road is just below the straight-drop in the front of the picture. If a man was standing on the road, he could just look over the surface of the cemetary there.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-3-2006 by Aztecatl]

[edit on 30-3-2006 by Aztecatl]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join