It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I saw a little man run by..."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I have never seen a UFO or a ghost, and I'm skeptical of most such stories.

But I did have an unusual experience about 44 years ago when I was about 5, and I've thought about over the years, and wondered what it was that I saw.

I was playing with two or three friends in the back yard of our little house in Philadelphia. I was lying on the ground looking towards a wall of the house. I would estimate that I was about 4 feet away from the wall, possibly closer. (The weather was cool, so I think it was in the late fall or early spring).

Suddenly a small man ran by, parallel with the wall. I didn't see where he came from and I didn't see where he went. I was looking straight ahead at the wall and I don't think I had time to follow him with my eyes or by turning my head. He just entered my field of vision from the left and departed it to the right. My best guess would be that it took two or three seconds.

This was a long time ago and I don't remember much in the way of details. I'm afraid that if I try to think too hard about it, that I will add some false details.

What I do remember is that he was small--about six inches to twelve inches in height. He was proportioned like a full-grown man. (He did not have a big head in comparison to his body). I do not remember anything about clothes such as color, but I do remember he was wearing pants and some kind of top. I think he was wearing a hat.

He ran by quickly and did not look at me or acknowledge me.

After he ran by, I turned to my friend and said, "I saw a little man ruy by."

He said to me, "It was probably just a leaf."

Since he was older, I dismissed it and went back to my play.

But I have thought about it a lot since then. I had never seen anything like it before, and never anything like it since.

What did I see?

I am a Christian and I beleive there are Angels and Demons, so could it have been an evil creature playing a trick on me? But it was a very innocent event.

Could I have imagined it? I suppose it's possible, but if I did, it was the ONLY time in my life that I imagined something like that.

I do believe I saw something out of the ordinary that day. I don't know what it was, but I am convinced it was not a leaf.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Vernon

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
probably a gnome, brownie, elf or pixie, if they exist. which it is possible that they did a long long long long time ago.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
vernon i am as well a christian, have been my entire life and love it.

in my town, which is very little and has quite an interesting history is believed to have ''little people'' come out of trees. in some kind of deserted camp out in the backroads.

ive heard about them coming out of the trees late at night on different accounts. i mean ignoring the sources you hear about it from would in my opinion be wrong.

after thinking about this i start remember something i myself saw when i was little.

i probably posted about it on here somewhere. but im not gonna go into many detail now.

so what you saw, was yes, a little person. probably some kind of lost spirit which is very little. i mean it could probably be a gnome from a different/lost time. we dont know. i just know we do see things like that. and things which are in a higher degree of unusual specifications lets say...

[edit on 29-7-2004 by topsecretombomb]

[edit on 29-7-2004 by topsecretombomb]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I had a very similar experience when I was 5 yrs old (1960). My Mother and I were the only ones at home, she was sitting on a chair sewing and I was sitting on the floor playing with a toy. We had one of those big console model television sets (RCA) It was turned off at the time. Something caught my eye and I looked toward the television. I know this is unbelievable and I don't tell hardly anyone about this but I saw a approximately 3' tall being take one step out from inside the t.v. and come walking toward me!!! It was very ugly, gray colored, no hair at all. I got up and ran to my Mother and jumped into her lap. I looked back and it was gone !!! I have often thought about this, could have been my imagination, but was very real at the time !!!

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I believe things like that do exist, i had a experience one night when I was younger a 'glowing' man was walking on my wall, he was about 3' tall. freaked me out.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
He could well have been a pixy.

Personal experience has proved to me without a doubt that they, and other unusual entities, do exist. I managed to trace their history back to the Picts of ancient Scotland and linked their current 'homeland' in the South West of England to a legend of the Roman conquest. Since then, other historians have traced them back to ancient Scythia. So yes, they do exist.

You can get more info from the Pixy Folk site. However, please note that the site is due a serious updating both of information and design.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I had something like that happen when I was 8 or 9. My brothers, cousins and I were all playing in my room and we shut off the lights. I was standing near my dresser and I saw a man about the dresser heights (around 4 feet) run from there to the wall. I remember it vividly, he had a large hooked nose and was bald.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I have a somewhat simillar story to the others above. When I was about 5 i woke up early in the morning and saw these little guys (6 inches or so ) climing on the foot of my bed. It seemed like they were just walking around and jumping off the bed. It's just really hard to tell if I was dreaming or what. Probably dreaming im sure, but i can still remember it pretty good (20+ years later). Wierd stuff

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I had a very similar experience.. I was around 6 maybe 7 but I remember waking up one morning and looking out of my room towards my HALLWAY and seeing something similar to what was described walk from my kitchen across the hallway towards the livingroom and it looked at me while saying it's ABC's

I always figured this was just my imagination so I never told anyone about it or made a big issue but it scared the # outta me.

Nice to see I'm not the only weirdo or person who have a similar experience.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Something I am noticing is that all of these account happened while all of you people were atleast 5-9. I wonder if something at that age allows you to see these little beings. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this also about the young age thing.

[edit on 30-7-2004 by Amxkool]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hmm...
Well, my story doesnt exactly apply to me, but to my dad. It was a few years ago.. about 5 years ago I think; when he was about 42-44. Its a fairly short story, and you need to know that my dad is legally blind, but he can still see things if he gets real close to them. I forgot the name but its a syndrome where something goes wrong with your optic nerve. Anyway, he had a dream that he killed my mom by snapping her neck because she turned into a demon or something. He woke up and went out for a glass of water, and as he did so he saw a little yellow man come by and say " and youll kill your son ( me ) too." I woke up to him holding me. Thus ends my dads episode with little men. I chose to contribute this because my dad was older than the 5-9 range.. although he could have been dreaming.. but whatever.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
When I was little, around 3 - 7 years old, I remember something like this. I never actually saw them though. I would be say in the kitchen with my side to the window, and in my pheriphial vision, i would see someone run across the window. If I looked, I never saw anyone. THis happened quite often. I would estimate the person to have been about 1 foot tall.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Since it seems I'm not alone in this, I'll share wha happened to me, when I was roughly 11yrs of age.

We lived in the country, aprox 4 miles from town (the city was visible from where I lived, as it's nothing but open flat fields).
My brother and I used to invite our friends to come into the country during the summer, to stay a week, and rotate friends every week so we were never bored.

One day, somewhere twords the middle of June, I was standing near the road, in the front of my house, just to the left, near the edge of the beginning of the cornfield.

Being a kid in the country, I done whatever I pleased, whenever I pleased, so I used to lay in the grass, alongside the ditch, and look up at the clouds, and watch the grasshoppers fly by.

That day, I had no sooner laid back with my head against the stump my dad had cut, that I heard a peeping noise.

I looked around, and seen nothing, but kept hearing it.
So, I sat back, laid my head against the stump, arms straight out to my side, hands up, and listened to it, to see if maybe I could...what's the word...zone in on it?
About that time something crawled into my left hand, and being a wild country boy, I looked over before thinking of screaming, and there in my hand sat a baby pheasant.
I was shocked, and happy at the same time, because I have never heard of them running into your hands like that.
I puthim in my shirt pocket, and as I started to get up, I seen a small man standing at the edge of the other field, directly infront of me, on the other side of the road, about 2 car lengths from my mailbox.

He was about 2ft tall, greayish colored skin (a dark color, so it may not have been an actual grey), 2 arms, 2 legs, looked fairly normal, but VERY small.

The first thing I done was yell for my brother and our friend Richie who had came out the night before to stay with us for that week, and here they come runnin with bb guns and kitchen knives.

Before even got a chance to tell them where the guy was, they spotted him, and freaked the hell out.

The man just stood behind a stalk of hardly developed corn, and started to make his way through the field.
So those 2 chased him, as I took the pheasant to my dad, to put in a box for me (as we raised animals, and had almost ANY animal you would see in a petting zoo, cows, pigs, pheasants,a mule, 3000+ chickens, 26 pyigmy goats, even peacocks and guineas)
So I grabbed a machette from the garage, and chased with them.

We never caught him, or saw him after that, but it's something that really made me open up to believe in much more than I was used to.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by katt06
I believe things like that do exist, i had a experience one night when I was younger a 'glowing' man was walking on my wall, he was about 3' tall. freaked me out.

Katt06...check your u2u. This is crazy...I've had the same experience!!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb

in my town, which is very little and has quite an interesting history is believed to have ''little people'' come out of trees. in some kind of deserted camp out in the backroads.

ive heard about them coming out of the trees late at night on different accounts. i mean ignoring the sources you hear about it from would in my opinion be wrong.

My brother was hunting around dusk last year (he is 35) and said he say a little man come out on a tree branch, jump to another tree and disapear
He is convinced it was squirrel but also stated it looked very much like a little man. Another guy we now whoo also hunts says he has seen little men before and starts hunting in a different place

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
My daughter saw a short little dark haired woman.
The woman was 3 feet tall. She had a long chain and
necklace around her neck. She walked funny.
Like the penquin in the Batman movie.

Emily was 7 at the time. She saw the woman
on the soccer field just before practice. She
asked me about the woman, but when I looked
I couldn't see her. Emily did ... I didn't.

- this was in Wilmington DE

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
When I was 6 or 7 I saw 4 or 5 glowing entities under my bed, it freaked me out and remember it like it was yesterday. The beings were about a foot tall and their eyes were very dark and their bodies were very bright.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amxkool
Something I am noticing is that all of these account happened while all of you people were atleast 5-9.
[edit on 30-7-2004 by Amxkool]

Maybe it's because children are more intune with their spiritual side. I don't
know just throwing this out there.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Hey pisky, are there any sightings of pixys in Texas?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
When I was young, for a very long time (From 4 to probably 7 or 8) I had nightmares most every night. I would be asleep and two little men (about a foot high I would guess) would come into the room and discuss wether I was asleep or not. They would then tickle my feet to see if I would laugh. I would have to lay there and pretend I wasnt awake and not laugh until they stopped and went away.

- Was

[edit on 4-8-2004 by Wassabi]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join