It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Tell me ATS,

If there was a mass disaster and you have a big family; Dad, mom, grandpa, grandma, aunts, sisters, brothers, uncles, and 2 dogs. How far would you go before you would have to abandon them...would you abandon them if it meant your life or death?

I know in some situations you have to be quick to survive but what if there was the whole family you had to carry and you knew their death was most likely imminent would you wait or ditch them?

Personally, I would have to ditch mine if it ultimately came down to it. As much as I love my family I would have to make it to ensure my family name would live on to a new generation.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I tried..warning my family of "What if" scenarios. It's just myself and someone else now. The smaller the group the better.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This would be, to say the least, an extremely difficult decision to make. You make a good point, it would be important to be sure your future generations would survive but at what cost? I think at some point, the older folks might be more willing to be left behind, the "save yourself" mentality would come in and they would be okay with you leaving (although it would be very difficult, at least for me.)

In my current situation, it would be me, my husband, and our 2 year old. We have no large group, and it would take hell and high water for me to even think of leaving my son, and the same for my husband. In a future situation, If WE were the older folks, and our grandkids were involved (i will only ever have one child) I would absolutely, without a doubt, say "take my supplies and GO" for the sake of everyone else involved.

Very thought-provoking question

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I have 4 little children, I would die to save them. Everyone else can kiss it, lol. My only plan is really to stay put. But if I had to, we would be.piled up in the 4x4 prayin for the best, lol

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I would stick by them, I would fight until I was put down, I would fight for them, because they have been fighting for me my whole life! I love them.

Jamie.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
survival of the fittest is created by the process of natural selection.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
My grandparents are no longer around, and my parents are in their mid 60's. I have one sister,her husband three nieces and nephews. That is just my side...not my partner's. They all are blind to any circumstances that may Lead to bugging out and no one is even a little prepared. What to do? Well I would give them one phone call if I could. Either get on the bus or the bus leaves without you...and I do mean bus...just got one two days ago. They know I love them and they can make the choice for themselves. I will not wait for discussions or wishy washy behavior.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm not sure I understand the scenario you are creating. Is the large family on the move, bugging out etc and then something creates a situation where you, as one person, must choose to stay and die or leave?

Assuming I am with a large group of family I would either try to save as many others from x scenario as possible, or if none could be saved I would stay and die with them. There are some family members that I wouldn't live without, namely wife and kids.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What would I live for if it wasn't for family?

Family is the most sacred thing that we should protect at all costs.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I am way to far away to help mine out if it happens quickly...they would be ok with or without me...I was taught well!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
There is that movie "The Road" I could see situations like that but I would stick by my family and prevent as much harm as I could to them. I think that we are pretty self sufficient and can manage together or apart in smaller groups if needed but would do our best to keep everyone whole. In the event that someone was ill and may not survive we would all stand by until that time came trying to instil comfort and love and doing whatever we could to turn the tables.

On a side note if it was the whole family like in-laws and distant cousins...um I still have some old D&D dice we could use just to be fair.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
i would say bye bye and stab them to death including my children and eat their guts brain eye balls after i have eating their legs the night before
before you say im sick i would not really i would help them as much as i can then say bye bye not stab them it would make me

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
i'd do whatever i could to save myself and others until I no longer could. that is all I can say.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
My husband, his parents, our 3 kids are all prepared. His brother,who li es in town, is willing to go. The other siblings live across the country, so they would be on their own. My father is 85 with Parkisons. He
taught us well, but won't be able to bug out without help from my brother who live near. He is. "Awake" as well. The rest of the extendeds are old enough to take care if their own. All we can do. The only issue we we would have is if my daughter insists on bringing her boyfriend.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
survival of the fittest is created by the process of natural selection.

Survival of the "fittest" means what? What is Natural Selection? A selection of "results by virtue of challenges"? What about the fittest in "thinking and action"? Is preparation for contingencies a "fittest" example? Is having compassion and tolerance fit? Patience and Love? or.... Forgiveness?

Some might consider such attributes "weak"... yet some also consider that those who live by the sword, die by the sword... we reap what we sow. The ends justify the means and the power of might ( and money or wealth ) could be a chosen philosophy and protocol.... But it is NOT strength.

Another thing to consider is that with any very major change and events of such change, people may become VERY intolerant of such philosophies... and in NO WAY let a "survival of the fittest" attitude have ANY power?

Meek does not mean being a doormat and the selfish attitudes and philosophies that cause many of the problems in the world, may be recognized and exposed in no uncertain terms by the majority of those "surviving".

Rather than making scenarios to push hearts and actions to some cruel WALL.... Using time to PREPARE and NETWORK with like minded people to PREVENT such, would be wise.

"crumbling cookies" ( inability to respond ) considerations is mere contingency planning. But the survival of those with a MIND and HEART that's fit to survive will be a better bet than the survival of anyone who will stab their brother in the back.. eh?

Maybe the Thread is bringing something to consider... Like.. What IS the fittest ( and fittest at what? ) and what is REAL STRENGTH?

top topics

join