It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hits Chamber!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My two cents:

I am on the Board of Directors of my local Chamber of Commerce as well as owning a private membership. We are strictly prohibited from discussing politics publicly, even on a local level. Since i have the internet as my pressure release, i am fine with keeping politics out of my day to day life.

In my local chamber, the board is made up of mostly local business owners (small business) and officials. Like the chancellor of the local college, superintendants of local school districts, the county judge, CVB head and economic development head.

Corporate reps are a prison warden for a large prison corp (he is a good guy that just like to be involved in the community) and the GM of Wal Mart (major mover in our town). In this town there is VERY little corporate interaction.

I am unsure what happens at the top of the US Chamber. But on a local level our Chamber is critical to our community. It is a clearinghouse for local business leaders to get together and plan events for the community (which bring in dollars).

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well.. well.. well. This is some interesting reading to say the least.Should make for a few interesting threads in the near future.It will take FOREVER to sift through this wall of text though.
edit on 30-4-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2011 by thatonedude because: 12 1 m 00 1 m

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

....Would the term, the means justify the cause be appropriate right about now ?

Assuming you are trying to convey "The ends justify the means."

If so, I can't agree.

Although it's really tempting to.

In this case I find myself pondering about the reaction this will engender in the culture of "governance."

By no means debating the legitimacy of the act; we must know that this was a criminal act. It has been thus legislated by our Congress. I suspect most would agree that it should be illegal, after all if it isn't, we could all be victims of the practice.

So here we are, beginning to 'rely' on criminal behavior to exact some degree of honesty from the government.

This could go to bad places.

Surely there are many observations that can be made about the standards of security our institutions should maintain; the nature of the business in which they should be engaging on taxpayer dollars, the abuse of the freedom to 'classify' or 'conceal' information as an entitlement to personal protection for corporations, or any number of other 'appearance of impropriety' issues.

But my concern is with the systemic reaction of the bureaucracy. It will be there concern to punish. They are coming to regard the doctrine of non-data disclosure as a "right" of the increasingly corporate institutions (an interesting phenomenon in and of itself); and therein lies there ability to leverage their information against that of the public.

Consider this scenario:

Regarding the nature of the culture we are subject to, they will employ public relations and political theater productions to convince Americans that we must engage in yet another war. A cyberwar. They will attempt to highlight every aspect of internet danger. The group Anonymous, along with Wikileaks, and other nebulous on-line organizations will be labeled as 'terrorists'. When that happens, they will apply the same restrictive and oppressive conduct to the internet, as we see now at the airports.

Merely encrypting data or securing it will justify suspicion, thus the time might come where you are obliged to allow the 'government' to "scan" your computer for "our safety."

The locking down of the internet is vital to the ends of global governance. We now live in a world where information has been accepted as commodity. Do you think they would allow it to flow freely, when it represents wealth?

Heres another scenario:

We discover that the US Chamber of Commerce is exercising its influence to affect governance, and service and improve the commercial sector of the country 'to the detriment of non-corporate American citizens.' As a result, high-level administrators, all of them politically appointed, will become "political weapons" in the upcoming theatrical production we endure every 4 years. The media will gleefully support the efforts of their single biggest consumer... the political parties. And we will see the stereotypical charade of finger-pointing while hammering in memes about 'different' parties, thus creating more divisive time-wasting in politics.

I don't see a good outcome of this unless the establishment itself aggressively focuses on the exposed anti-social conduct of institutions like the US Chamber of Commerce in deference to Corporate America, which now stands on the cusp of being the true controllers of America. Instead, it appears more likely that they will focus on the 'past' and 'not look to the present' while persecuting those who have caused them the inconvenience of involuntary disclosure.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
One item I see is the 2006globalreport.pdf.
Seems the Chamber of Commerce is part of the Global Reporting Initiative. Link And this Global Reporting report says that the debate of outsourcing should be ignored and the benifits to where the outsourcing is going should be promoted.

For some, globalization is about outsourcing and community disruption
and changing established ways of doing things due to outside influences.
For others, it is about accessibility to new cultures, new technologies,
new ideas, and new products and services.
From a corporate citizenship perspective, globalization is about more
than being a good neighbor wherever you do business. It is about contributing
to patterns of development that lead to long-term social and
economic benefits — the essence of “doing well and doing good.”
If there was one thing that the May 2005 Partnership Conference uncovered,
it was dissatisfaction with the way that the current debate about
global development is framed, and the perceived role of business within
that debate. Too often, the debate about globalization overlooks the
contributions that businesses are making to the societies in which they
operate.
A second outcome of the conference was a commitment to engage with
the multilateral organizations, specifically the UN agencies that frequently
drive the debate about long-term development in emerging markets.

So this is evidence that the global citizenship and take from the US and give to other countries in oder to promote more business prospects for global citizens. Global citizens is there name for global corporations. So this is a note to suck America dry and look forward to the future in other countries.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nidstav
The United States Chamber of Commerce is not the government. Although some people might argue they are pretty close to being the government anyway.

Neither is the Fed. Should I go further?

It will be difficult to argue that such agencies as the Chamber of Commerce are not - effectively - government institutions. They are the corporate elite, and nearly any examination of who migrates into and out of the organization demonstrates exactly who they are and with whom they have aligned themselves.

In either case, whether you believe in the fairy tale of 'Democrats' and 'Republicans' as being two separate parties in anything other than name or not; there is no 'separation of guilt' for the conduct their 'culture' has allowed to fester in the people's government, under the people's trust.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
wall of text enters the room
/r
you cannot run from wall of text
wall of text hits you -78hp
/recall
wall of text hits you -81hp
/a
you hit wall of text -1hp
wall of text hits you -145hp
you are dead R.I.P
Any one have a good text summarizer to recommend?Preferably one that bases it's summary relevance on user determined keywords and doesn't tax the machine much.One that can be ran in multiple instances with limited graphical interface.It would have to be open a ****load of times at once to even begin to unravel this kind of documentation in any efficient amount of time.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

Not sure if you will get any hidden insight though.
www.greatsummary.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
After looking at the files it seems to be nothing more than a website downloader program that someone used to download freely available files from the websites of the Chamber of Commerce. So I looked around and found this from ANON.

www.anonnews.org...

On April 29th a person using the twitter account “@septscelles” released a large file to Barrett Brown that purportedly contained secret US Chamber of Commerce documents. This file was later made available via File Dropper as a (strangely truecypted) torrent named "chambersecrets2". It is also reported to have been made available in an unencrypted form on the Pirate Bay.

Despite the promise of secrets and leaks, early research has thus far shown that this information is publicly available through a simple Google search. It's very possible that “@septscelles” is just an attention seeking troll. Despite this, there is a more insidious possibility. We learned from the HB Gary emails that the Chamber of Commerce was advised to “feed the fuel between the feuding groups, [creating] disinformation." Specific mention was made of "[creating] messages around actions to sabotage or discredit the opposing organization [and to] submit fake documents and then call out the error…”

The file is very large, and will therefore take some time to fully examine. Nevertheless, we would like to state that this information was provided by an unknown party and may be an attempt to discredit Anonymous through a campaign of misinformation. More information will be coming soon.

Seems someone going by septscelles released these files. septscelles French for seven seals? So why go through all the trouble of TrueCrypting a batch of files with the password Barrett Brown when theres nothing secret about them?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I find it more interesting athe Chamber of Commerce uses votervoice.com for letting there followers send letters to Congressman and Senators. The largest user of votervoice.com is The John Birch Society.
www.votervoice.net...
The John Birch Society on votervoice website.
www.votervoice.net...
Chamber of Commerce on votervoice website.
www.votervoice.net...

And there site can't be to secure. I thought all sites were getting rid of robot.txt for security? Seems there not worried about it. Maybe there clients would be?
www.votervoice.net...

User-agent: *
Disallow: /admin/
Disallow: /cgi-bin/
Disallow: /groups/
Disallow: /vvintranet/
Disallow: /letters/
Disallow: /inc/
Disallow: /link/
Disallow: /graphics/
Disallow: /aspnet_client/
Disallow: /GAC/
Disallow: /Common/
Disallow: /Petition/
Disallow: /SRVY/
Disallow: /VSC/
Disallow: /core.aspx
Disallow: /Core.aspx
Disallow: /admin.aspx
Disallow: /Admin.aspx
Disallow: /target.aspx
Disallow: /Target.aspx
Disallow: /gac.aspx
Disallow: /GAC.aspx
Disallow: /unsubscribe.aspx
Disallow: /Unsubscribe.aspx

But then again.

www.uschamber.com...

# $Id: robots.txt,v 1.9.2.2 2010/09/06 10:37:16 goba Exp $
#
# robots.txt
#
# This file is to prevent the crawling and indexing of certain parts
# of your site by web crawlers and spiders run by sites like Yahoo!
# and Google. By telling these "robots" where not to go on your site,
# you save bandwidth and server resources.
#
# This file will be ignored unless it is at the root of your host:
# Used: example.com...
# Ignored: example.com...
#
# For more information about the robots.txt standard, see:
# www.robotstxt.org...
#
# For syntax checking, see:
# www.sxw.org.uk...

Crawl-delay: 10
# Directories
Disallow: /includes/
Disallow: /misc/
Disallow: /modules/
Disallow: /profiles/
Disallow: /.
Disallow: /themes/
# Files
Disallow: /CHANGELOG.txt
Disallow: /cron.php
Disallow: /INSTALL.mysql.txt
Disallow: /INSTALL.pgsql.txt
Disallow: /install.php
Disallow: /INSTALL.txt
Disallow: /LICENSE.txt
Disallow: /MAINTAINERS.txt
Disallow: /update.php
Disallow: /UPGRADE.txt
Disallow: /xmlrpc.php
# Paths (clean URLs)
Disallow: /admin/
Disallow: /comment/reply/
Disallow: /contact/
Disallow: /logout/
Disallow: /node/add/
Disallow: /search/
Disallow: /user/register/
Disallow: /user/password/
Disallow: /user/login/
# Paths (no clean URLs)
Disallow: /?q=admin/
Disallow: /?q=comment/reply/
Disallow: /?q=contact/
Disallow: /?q=logout/
Disallow: /?q=node/add/
Disallow: /?q=search/
Disallow: /?q=user/password/
Disallow: /?q=user/register/
Disallow: /?q=user/login/

# Special pages

# JHS 2011-04-18 - hide page for Natl. Security
Disallow: /issues/defense/hidden/databasing-private-sector-resourcesassets-aid-emergency-response-recovery-advancing-s

I wonder what that bottom part is all about"# JHS 2011-04-18 - hide page for Natl. Security
Disallow: /issues/defense/hidden/databasing-private-sector-resourcesassets-aid-emergency-response-recovery-advancing-s"

www.jbs.org...

Disallow: /administrator/
Disallow: /cache/
Disallow: /components/
Disallow: /images/
Disallow: /includes/
Disallow: /installation/
Disallow: /language/
Disallow: /libraries/
Disallow: /media/
Disallow: /modules/
Disallow: /plugins/
Disallow: /templates/
Disallow: /tmp/
Disallow: /xmlrpc/

Theres doesn't say much. The libaries could be interesting.
edit on 30-4-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Thank you Anon

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Just to scr*w with people. As in the quoted material by Anon...fuel the flames, disinform, distract, keep everyone chasing their tails.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I have to always question the legitimacy of any law when it prevents us from getting the very information that we have a right to know as tax payers. Another suppression law as far as I am concerned if the government is not going to be very forthcoming with information and the people as the primary concern.

My stance is this:
I want some truths. I keep saying, I wish something could be done, well, something is being done and what I want is being accomplished so I very well can not complain about the methods in which it is done.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I am somewhat taken aback by the fact that I am not angry at all about this.

I should be. From an ethical perspective; government transparency is the mandate of the government, not some hackers who are unaccountable for their actions.... (but in that they don't differ from the government itself.)

But I'm not... because we all KNOW that we are about to become privy to behind the scenes corporate, political, and let's call a spade a spade, "elite," self-serving activities which we were never intended to learn because they were meant to be shielded by the protection of government-business "official" classification.

Grit your teeth people... this will be as ugly and embarrassing as having to state "I crush 7 gram rocks...., that's how I roll."

US Chamber of Commerce; "Winning!"

Roles should be reversed.
We should be watching them.
There should be cameras on them 24/7, and every document should be released PERIOD.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

agreed. the excuse of "well, our enemies could take advantage of the information" doesn't fly with me, either. It seems that people who are truly peaceful should not have so many enemies. We are not at war (not with any real enemy, that is), and the cold war is long dead. the secrecy is an artifact of a bygone era. It is a travesty that was never meant to happen in the first place, and should have never been allowed to continue through today.

Most people in America have known nothing but secrecy. We are primed for it, and actually believe the lies of "national security".

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Set all information free....

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
My two cents:

Be careful when you read an "official" letter from anonymous stating the chamber of commerce documents are real/fake or stating "it was them" or "it was not them. Those very statements go against the very thing anonymous is.

Anonymous has no leadership, has no real members, and they have no network. Anonymous is everyone and nobody at the same time.

When an anonymous individual on the internet distributes something on the internet, it is in fact anonymous, and not anonymous at the same time.

Kinda like Schrodinger's cat.

No black and white, the whole line is grey.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join