It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever had a problem with their teeth getting too sharp?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this except maybe in some type of medical forum.

I have an eye tooth that is getting sharper and I was wondering if anyone here has experienced this problem. It just about cut my tongue the other day. I was thinking I could eat some harder crunchier food so it might wear down a little bit. However I believe my body is naturally growing my tooth sharper. I was hoping on holding off going to the dentist until my regular visit. I had a different tooth de-sharpened a couple of years ago. Any suggestions? I'm not sure what percentage of the population has this problem with their teeth growing too sharp. My mother has had that problem every once in a while. I did not find anything on this topic in my search. I take it that my enamel is still growing and I guess that is common. I might chew on a plastic cup tonight and see if that helps.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Actually I was born with "vampire" teeth. After my second teeth came in, the eye teeth would literally cut against my gums / tongue. Had to have them shaved down at the dentist. You may be able to LIGHTLY shave them down with a nail filer - but I strongly suggest you ask a doctor (or online doctor) for assistance before taking advice from me.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply. I believe chewing on a plastic cup and eating crunchy food may have helped. Maybe I cut my tongue or bit it and that made things worse. For now my tongue is healing so hopefully I won't accidentally cut myself again. I was hoping the problem wouldn't get worse before my next visit to the dentist. I easily shredded a small plastic cup with my sharp tooth. No one even seemed to notice.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
My four year old son was born with vampire teeth. They are very long, sharp and pointy. Luckily they don't seem to give him any real trouble, apart from not being able to close his teeth together fully. He has started grinding his teeth at night and the points seem to be less pronounced lately, so perhaps nature is taking care of the situation for him? They don't trouble my son either, he loves them. Dentists seemed unconcerned by their existence and seemed to think his second set may grown through normal.

It seems like the situation is different for you, as they are bothering you and seem to be getting sharper rather than the other way round. Speak to your dentist and see what they say/ suggest.

top topics

join