It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Women and Children'' First Rule - What's Your Take on That?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by inanna1234

Einstein also had a father.

Equal in all things............women wanted equality than don't just say equal and do it half arse.

Children naturally first MUST be protected because they are our future.

My 35 year old son is still of no less equal value than your 35 year old daughter and if there was a nuclear war, my son would be more able to protect my grand daughter than my useless ex daughter in law that simply thinks only of herself. I would want my son to survive, he would be able to protect my grand daughter vs my son's ex wife who only thinks about how her hair and nails look.

Sometimes men are more maternal than women.................yes hard to believe but my son has given up meals to feed his daughter while my son's ex would let her child miss a meal in order to afford getting her hair and nails done.

(My son had a job and was paying child support and we were giving our grand daughter food and clothes) but my son's ex threw the clothes back at us and got my son fired by contacting his employer...............she cut her own throat just to play her vendictive games.

I have found in a live or die situation, most men are still able to switch to a survival mode where as a lot of women break down easier and get emotional. (that is just my own observation and I could be wrong).

Again, men and women are now equal..............only exception is children and women that obviously are with child.

If something horrible happens, I really hope my grand daughter is with my son and not ex daughter in law. She would be safer with him, he would fight to the death for her, no question about it.

As a side note: My son could and did change his daughter's poopie diapers but my ex daughter in law couldn't, it made her "sick and throw up".

My son also raised my grand daughter the first two years because mom wanted to go to school and hang out at bars at night..............My son wanted to be with his daughter and still wants to be with her as much as possible, he enjoys just being with her - where as his ex wife pawns her off on anyone she can or sends her to her room. Doesn't interact with her at all.

Some men are actually better at mothering..................Both my husband and I were excellent, nurturing parents and taught our three sons that if you make a baby you are responsible for that baby from cradle to grave.

I also think that scientists, farmers, carpenters, doctors and nurses should be considered. Not the rich useless people managers but the people who could contribute to rebuilding our world.........the real workers.
edit on 1-5-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Although the simple rule is best (women and children first), I would think (if time was a luxury) some thought could be put into it

Such as, a man on the brink of curing cancer should get a seat and replace some old woman as just an example.

I think importance should play a role (not political importance, or any trivial type of importance, but actual earth changing for the better type importance). Would you let a scientist whom has almost finished his research in advanced fuel cells using water die while some bratty futureless kid or gold digger woman lives?

Its a complex situation..luckily such decisions are not very prevalent in todays society (our sinking ships tend to have what...a hour before they are swarmed by helicopters and other boats picking people up)

So, we can then consider when such a event would merit women and children first...nuclear holocast/bunker space...then yes, women definately due to breeding...children also for multiple generations and youthful vigor...would say it would be 3-4 women to every man...but also trying to make each seat count...a woman doctor, a male engineer, a child that is exceptionally intelligent for his age, etc...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
married or not if the last ship leaving earth before it explodes has room for 1 more you better beleive ill punch my wife in head and climb aboard

I suppose if its a luciferean occult black operation of negatives you might get away with it, but if its ET based, you would not board. The children are primary in that situation. I have memories of it.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Pretty interesting answers. This kind of question really separates the men from the boys in my book.

Men, I just want you to know that those of you who still open doors for me and my children, those that still stand up when I come to the table, those that pause to allow us to go first..I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I don't consider it anything to do with equality or any of that hoo-ha.
You old-fashioned guys that would work and let their wife stay home with the young ones even if it meant more stress on yourself are HEROES in this day and age. You understand the importance of parental roles in your children's lives and the importance to their future. Having a wife and children is about learning and self sacrifice. Hopefully you have the type of wife like myself..one who rewards you by making the home perfect for you when you get there.
I know it's hard out there but you are true gentlemen. You are the type of man I want my daughter to marry one day. I hope your kind is still around then!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
When thinking of situations that require this question.....
Children - definantly not their fault. Not responsible.
Women - possibly their fault, but most likely not. But have responsibility to children.
Men - most likely their fault. Must take responsibility.

Women can give life, but our gift as men is to protect it. I know it may not have been your first choice but its just something you gotta deal with.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Good reply...........did you see the movie "Knowing" we are going to watch that tonight.

Interesting reply - would like to hear more from you.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by inanna1234
reply to post by HarmonicNights

I agree with you 100 percent! Women and men are not equal and never will be or should be. Women are physically weaker on average. It doesn't mean that men are better then women, it just means their a lot stronger! You're right, if everyone thought every man for himself there would be no more humans!

I'm a women and enjoy being feminine, society is trying to masculate us.

It's not society that is trying to masculate women, it's the BIG banking houses a.k.a The New World Order.

They were behind the feminist movement, in order to get everybody in work and in debt. Selling us the dream, which in reality is a nightnare.

Two generations ago the females stayed at home and brought up their children. Perhaps they went out to work on a P/T basis, but now women are encouraged to have a career as well as try to raise a family. Unfortunately you can't have both, despite what some people might say.

I have a number of friends who decided to try to have both, but their children are either cast off to after school clubs, holiday clubs or they procure the services of Nannies to do the raising.

I always look upon females as an equal, but I am glad of the values passed onto me by my parents and grandparents.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
oh,

just so the rest are aware...

I am without kids and divorced...in a shtf senario where there were very limited spaces, I would see through the 3 women 1 man ratio for progressing the species...I, being older than 30, would understand (unhappily...but resign to the fact that) I would not be going in the bunker or whatnot. Pretty sure they don't need a webpage developer down there.

In saying that...I noticed alot of you are saying "screw em, I will go"...actually, you wont.
See, my bitter anger at lifes cruel joke would then turn me into a pariah at the last few moments...ensuring the ratio is kept, which means grabbing your arse and going into full fight mode to block you from going on...then when you and I are bloody, and the door closes, I will simply smile and shake your hand...letting whatever end come to us both

But in my last moments, I will know my anger was channeled correctly...and you will have your last few moments knowing you chose your fear to become a coward...we can both stand and watch the mushroom clouds together though, once the door closes, no hard feelings.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I wouldn't thnk it would come to that because TPTB would soon bring these people crashing back down to earth with a number of small pieces of lead.

However, if it did come to it, I would be with you in spirit if not actual presence.
edit on 1/5/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
rules and "traditions" are for those too stupid to think for themselves.

no one's child's life is more important than my own. what makes your dna sooo special that it should survive over mine? what? cuz you mated first? eff off! i've been smart enough to keep my pecker in my pants. maybe you should try the same.

hell...i'm probably already paying for one or more of your kids through the welfare program as it is. so now i have to help feed, cloth and school your kid and then surrender MY life so that this kid can go on playing xbox, eating icecream and grow up to live on starbucks and facebook. again...eff off. i am a mid-to-late 20 something who is in great physical condition and can outrun most fathers and probably outmaneuver most people. so yeah...i think my dna is better than yours. so now how do we choose?

well...while y'all are busy formulating lists, deciding who should live and die (wait...this already sounds a lot like the governemnt) and drawing straws, i'm gonna drop kick one of your kids, maybe even fat wives out of the boat and stretch out on the life boat. i mean hey...i'll probably be the only male on the life boat cuz the rest of y'all are too stupid to save yourselves. who knows...i might just be your kids future step-dad. hope your wife knows how to make waffles cuz i hate pancakes!!!
edit on 5/1/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

You keep bringing up dna surviving. DNA is irrelevant. These are just containers, and dna is not really in our hands to begin with, there are always those behind the scenes arranging what needs to be arranged for the what plans are in place. That is why even in an E.L.E there is nothing precious in DNA. You are not you're body suit, you are immortal, infinite, and this is not even a nano second of your life.

But, it does count as the formation of your next step, we're tested here.

DNA is nothing, soul is everything.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by SaturnFX

I wouldn't thnk it would come to that because TPTB would soon bring these people crashing back down to earth with a number of small pieces of lead.

However, if it did come to it, I would be with you in spirit if not actual presence.
edit on 1/5/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

Right, well, thats the overall point
for every 1 "I will kick a woman and step on a child to get a seat", there are 5 men that are scared and bitter, but with sound mind to know this is the way and will collectively grab said asshat and hold him back.

Sure, everyone wants to dive at that one seat, however, since they know they simply won't be able to, then they are going to become the best bouncers around...and the 40 year old tard with no real value to the species that jumps in it will find himself suddenly confronted by 5 very -very- angry and scared men that need to funnel their fear and anger...in the form of fists to the face most likely

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
So, we can then consider when such a event would merit women and children first...nuclear holocast/bunker space...then yes, women definately due to breeding...children also for multiple generations and youthful vigor...would say it would be 3-4 women to every man...but also trying to make each seat count...a woman doctor, a male engineer, a child that is exceptionally intelligent for his age, etc...

Well, if a nuclear holocaust is ever going to take place, perhaps the best decision that could be made would be voluntarily extinction, don't you think?

Whatever other species make it through the first NH won't make it through the second...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

It's not society that is trying to masculate women, it's the BIG banking houses a.k.a The New World Order.

They were behind the feminist movement, in order to get everybody in work and in debt. Selling us the dream, which in reality is a nightnare.

It is possible that the 'NWO' or the Zionists, as another poster laid the blame on, who promoted the hard-line and divisive branches of feminism, but women's rights came about from a need and desire for those rights. Women wanted to be independent and make their own choices, and many still do. Some women had always worked, be it within in the confines of their own home or in someones employ, acquiring equal rights merely enabled women to have greater choice in the employment they chose and to have control of their own property gained through that employment.

Two generations ago the females stayed at home and brought up their children. Perhaps they went out to work on a P/T basis, but now women are encouraged to have a career as well as try to raise a family. Unfortunately you can't have both, despite what some people might say.

Depending upon their class or socio-economic status, many women worked two generations ago, particularly amongst the working classes. Many would take in washing, or perform other domestic tasks, my grandmother did piece work for Marks and Spencer as an embroiderer. This was work that could be fitted around childrearing but was no less vital to the economy of the family as a whole. Equal rights meant that those who wished to seek better paid, waged employment, outside of the home, especially once the children had gone to school could do so, instead of vegetating at home, and to be able to do so without the permission of the male head of her family.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Im an old fashioned guy even though Im only 20 years old.. I believe that us men are here to protect and die for woman while woman are here to nourish and protect our children.

So yes I believe that rule still applies, at least to me it does.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cap de Pepene

I don't believe in voluntary extinction...it goes against our most basic and primitive instincts...you simply can't reject that type of survival programming.
it needs to be channeled then from survival of self to survival of species...

I don't think a full out nuclear war..1980s style scary glowing world would mean the end of the species...there are deep caves and technology to grow food/purify water/etc that would allow many many generations to survive away from the surface (perhaps not comfortably mind you, but survival is survival).

The beauty of mankind is its ability to adapt...after the first generation, underground living would be the norm...and one day, when the surface heals, the concept of living on the surface with all these trees and the sunlight, etc..would be just as strange a concept as being a cave dweller is to us now.

first generation always has it the hardest

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

I totally agree with your post.........very insightful.

I always say thank you to anyone holding a door open for me.

Now an observation, yes most people are really good hearted.

My husband, while lean, trim (works out faithfully for 40+ years - 6 days a week) is 66 and now that he is older, so many nice and kind hearted people actually do hold doors open for him, men and women.

To those that are thoughtful, kind and respectful - thank you and may good karma come your way for your kindness.

So often here on ATS we dwell on the negative.................anytime I go out with my husband, many people go out of their way to show respect and kindness to him. There still are many wonderful people out there.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Several times in the background the movie was on, in other words the kids watched it. I don't really pay much attention to movies until something in them gets talked such as events revealed before they happen, kind of thing.

During my wake up year in 2008 I had a memory return, that was not on this world, in a disaster...

Its how we live, the choices we're making, the search for answers, seeing through the world, not being willing to harm anyone, not even for our own safety, Love, which is the other, these are the crucial elements that determine our next steps. So much is said about earth, and humans, and put downs as well. Earth isn't a prison, its a school, though hijacked due to law of consequence, that means past harm to others and our own apathy, not being assertive (in place of aggressive for you don't want to become the bully to get rid of them), and turned into a prison, by their amping negativity and programming children young to accept war as peace, even in our religions, which still have the love path as well.

So earth type planets are needed. Souls here aren't humans, they're cosmic. And here, forgetting who you are, (for some many times of this), you get a chance to put your beliefs into practice. What this world does, being so difficult, is show us our flaws and faults. We need to put love and equality into action, and uncover our weaknesses and turn them into strengths.

There are always bigger fish, and every thing is watched over.

Its children first, though even so ET would have a list of requirements. They wouldn't pick as we do.

One message I was given was that those who attempt to be put at the front of the lineup will be put at the back. Had no idea if this was a corporal moment or not when they do that.

So we're not to cling to life here, its just an illusion at best. But cling to love for others. My son had an nde as well, he didn't experience dying even, heart failed and was out of his body. He was given a choice to go home, or stay, and chose to stay to help us, he loved us, even though he knew he would have preferred personally to go home. When he chose to stay and returned to his body, he was completely healed. Fever and heart condition healed.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
Men, I just want you to know that those of you who still open doors for me and my children, those that still stand up when I come to the table, those that pause to allow us to go first..I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I don't consider it anything to do with equality or any of that hoo-ha.

I agree completely. These behaviors are out of respect, in my opinion and don't have much to do with gender. As a female, I also hold doors for other people (even men) and pause to allow someone else to go first (again, even for men). To me that's a matter of courtesy. Both genders can practice courtesy.

But a "REAL" man in my world is one who will stand behind equality when it's important.

We just watched Made in Dagenham last night and there were some real men in that movie! If you haven't seen it, I recommend it. It starts off slow, but really gets good! Here's the trailer.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
you know what I don't do out of courtesy?... let people out into a full lane of traffic... and I hate it when the let me out, I'd rather wait. Not that this had anything to do with the topic at hand but the last post made me think of it.

You could slam into someone and say they pulled out in front of you. Sure there are witnesses but are they really paying that much attention and what can they prove? It could get sketchy in my opinion. It's usually no big deal but when people start getting lacks on basic rules of the road, crazy things start to happen.

i have no freaking idea why im talking about this other than the fact that i have been a up for a very long time and was painting walls.

...still smells like paint in here....WOOO HOOO for thread jacking.

sorry.

...but yeah, gentlemen are nice. I hate thug wannabes, punk asses... and straight up chauvinists... and i don't like females who think men should do everything for them cause it gives us a bad name.
edit on 1-5-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I would rather die at my husband's side than be on a starship or liferaft with you..........and I make belgian waffles from scratch that are scrumptious. In fact I am such a good cook, I could make poop taste good.

ps: My husband at 66 had open heart surgery for a valve replacement.........because he has jogged and lifted weights for over 40 years and monitored his weight, his heart surgeon said his arteries are cleaner than 95% of the people he has seen. At 66 he is still a powerhouse and his brain reacts in driving twice as fast as 80% of teh people on the road.

Stop kissing your reflection in the mirror and become a little less me oriented.

My husband is a hero, he would probably, in fact I know give up his seat to a child or woman just because he is a true brave hero type, not a scared self-centered person.

A person's true soul nature shows when TSHTF.

Some are heros and others are cowards....................read each comment and decide for yourself.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join