It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Women and Children'' First Rule - What's Your Take on That?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
reply to post by ucantcme

see...that's the thing. i don't care what others think of me. i love me and i'm happy with me. my life isn't based off of how others view me. i don't care.
edit on 5/1/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

dude thats ice cold. what ever happened to humanity. i never knew humans could do this to one another

hunger and poverty is because of the government crap, hunger and poverty is not an excuse to save your life over many others, that also of women and children.

hmm people are taking this ''equal rights'' thing too far. i love myself too but i would never do that.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

see...that's the thing. i don't care what others think of me. i love me and i'm happy with me. my life isn't based off of how others view me. i don't care.

This mentality is exactly what is wrong with the world ..............

And such is the generation that shall lead...........i can only hope that age and wisdom changes this mindset........

Alas........i believe we are doomed

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Boy, testy aren't we? The originator of this thread was simply asking a question. Some of you are acting like he commanded us all to go and murder a couple of babies.
Breeaath... It's just the internet.

Personally, I believe that the rule is a bit outdated. Men and women should be held equal in emergency situations (and all situations, really). The children would need to "go first" only because they can't fend for themselves generally. The only women who should be allowed to accompany the children should be said children's mothers, as caretakers are needed for children to survive. Single women fall into the same category as men, and should be allowed no privileges. The notion that they should is, dare I say, silly?
Just because someone is of a specific sex doesn't mean that they have any more of a right to survive than someone of the other. Why would they?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I agree. When human life is only worth "me,myself,and I",then you know we have lost as a species.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
No children, only ,nubile women and no other men. Just Comrade Che-Dolf and all the hot women. And throw in a couple cases of champagne while your at it cabin boy will you?. The rest of you stiff upper lip and all that rot. Sing us off, will you? Deutchland uber alles if you. Please!

'What? Che Dolf in a lifeboat filled with nubile women and a crate of Dom Perignon. With my reputation?'

ETA: Video
edit on 1/5/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Women's Rights in the 1970s cleared them from this "rule". That's common knowledge.

We are talking about the Titanic long before Women's Rights.

Today in 2011 it is simply children first.

But in all honesty I find it hard to believe anybody would follow anything they are posting here in the face of death. I mean typing what you think you would do is one thing. When the situation occurs, that usually changes everything.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Ksorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ksorum
Womens Rights in the 1970s cleared them from this "rule".

We are talking about the Titanic long before Women's Rights.

Today in 2011 it is simply children first.

so what in the future will it be every individual first if children as will as adults get ''equal rights''.

it does not matter if a woman is given a bit more preference, it just sounds like some men are being jealous.
its about being nice, i just wonder what this world will come to, i bet people would save themselves over hundreds of other people and i wonder how they will live with themselves.

im a young guy and as long as i live i'll try to show humanity. i just wonder what the future of human race will be

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TiberianPurifier

Equal means Equal.

Are you confused?

I don't even get what you mean about how people would live with themselves?

On TV somebody would have guilt over such things, in reality people get along just fine.

I say children first and only children.
It makes the most sense, considering all adults are supposed to have equal rights.

This is the ideal however, most people would just care for themselves in the face of death.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
look. you guys can hate on me all you want. i'm a nice guy. i really am. i can make anyone laugh. everyone loves me. make friends every day. people love me. i'm always there to help people. i'm a very good friend and have quite a few. i'm just being real here. i doubt that very few of you would even be able to think in a life or death situation.

you wanna know who survives a life or death situation? the first people who think to run. i'm not gonna die so someone's kid can live. i am perfectly capable of making kids. i am perfectly capable of defending myself. caring for myself. finding food. so yeah...in the grand scheme of things...i'm more valuable than a child. i would rather save a young female who can breed and defend her for a couple years of hell on earth than i would children. and then...when times get really stressful...i've got someone to work some stress out with.

in terms of evolution and survival of the species: i am the prime candidate. i can care for myself (unlike a child) and can still breed (unlike my elders). i'm at the peak of my genetic worth!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboveandbeyond
Hello ATS,

As you probably know, there are some controversial rules around. One of the most controversial ones, and probably one of the most pervasive, is definitely the ''women and children first'' rule. What do you think about it? Do you think this rule is sensible or has become a nuisance, something no longer viable in modern society?

Cheers

When TSHTF in the Global scene, which I believe will be before not long now, and since after whatever happens there will be no "modern" society left, this rule will be pretty viable.
Although I find this thread matter to be very strange along that it is posted at an mostly American viewed forum.
Do you happen to have any iformation of any planned sudden and domestic crisis by the way?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It's not a "rule", it's "chivalry".

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ksorum

The problem with children first and only children is that the children need someone to look after them. At least one parent needs to go with them.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Where is it a rule? It's just common sense if you have any worth as a human being.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by herbgrinder88
haha if you were a father and a husband you would have no problem with this. but if youre a single guy like me you wouldnt give a shiz if someone elses kid is in danger as long as you get out of there first right? wrong.

If TPD would have plans to unleash widespread destruction domestically I believe they would calculate their ground zero according to which place would have many women and children. That is, if they wanted to start a crisis of the chain reaction type engineerd in a way that would start to spread across communities. Wide spread panic and social destabilization would happen in a type of a shock and awe event if a lot of women and children were falling victims in a supposed ground zero that would suit the PTB needs.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
i dunno what everyone else would do but i would sacrifice myself even though im young and perfectly capable to reproduce and spacebot is correct that this is based mostly on an american side of view. i have no idea what social structure is there in america but seeing that man has become so selfish i would hope it does not spread to the rest of the world. it seems that people over there imagine dooms day in a hollywood movie kind of senario and the life of another person especially women has no meaning just because of ''equal rights''.
edit on 1/5/11 by TiberianPurifier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

People on this forum hate people who are confident.
They want you to be depressed, hate life , and want to kill yourself for total strangers.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
But where is the OP?
He is been missing since page 2 on this thread!
Nice data gathering thread I recon...
Are we having more of these soon?

Anything else interesting as to the why of this type of thread that anyone else might want to share with us?

edit on 1-5-2011 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
As a woman, it makes my life a little cushier to know I would be saved just because of my gender. I don't think its fair to you men.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

People on this forum hate people who are confident.
They want you to be depressed, hate life , and want to kill yourself for total strangers.

i for one don't hate life or am not depressed. in fact i love my life but in times of war or need would put preference to both women and children even if it means sacrificing my life, even though being a perfectly healthy man i can save my self without the trouble of saving anyone else. but being, (whether you call it ''because they hate life''), nice and humane i would prefer sacrificing myself for saving BOTH women and children !!!
edit on 1/5/11 by TiberianPurifier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
But where is the OP?
He is been missing since page 2 on this thread!
Nice data gathering thread I recon...
Are we having more of these soon?

Anything else interesting as to the why of this type of thread that anyone else might want to share with us?

edit on 1-5-2011 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

I had that feeling from the beginning. Wonder why someone is gathering this kind of data?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join