It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Here! Help with avatar photo??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I've been trying to make my profile and need some help with my avatar photo. Someone suggested having someone else host the photo or me and then they can send me the URL. Does that make sense??
Aside from that, Hello! I look forward to chatting with everyone on here.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Denco

Hey there, Denco.

You can find more in-depth help on this here at this thread in the Freshman' Forum.

I believe you WILL have to have a web-hosted image to use for your avatar, so if you have a picture you want to use, you can upload it at a file-hosting site like Photobucket.com and Imageshack.us.

Then you should just be able to enter the URL you get for your file on the Tools tab here at ATS and get rolling. Welcome to ATS, look forward to seeing some good input from you.
edit on 4/30/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Denco

Well if you u2u me, and give me your email, I'll give you mine. Then you can send me the picture I can make you an avatar. I made the avatar I am using now on Imikimi. On there you can take a photo of someone, and use it in diffrent scenes and backgrounds. Just let me know what you would like in the background. I can make you several and you can choose the one you want. After it'd finished, I'll help you get it on here.....

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well I can't U2U anyone yet so I hope someone sees this! When I followed the instructions for my avatar, I got a message...
ALERT!

YOUR AVATAR MUST NOW BE HOSTED THROUGH YOUR PHOTO ALBUM ON OUR MEDIA PORTAL.

Then I went to make an account on the media portal and it said they weren't accepting new sign ups at this time

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
So it looks like I WILL need someone to host the image for me, then I can put the URL in myself on my profile.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Denco

Hello I was updating my profile and got an alert that I would now need to host my Picture I uploaded. I can't understand the lingo, What does this mean exactly? PlEASE MAMA?SIR?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Well I needed to sign it so I edited it

I love your avatar and would be delighted if you had the time to adjust mine a bit. I welcome any input you could give.

Thanks iwannknow2

edit on 09/02/12 by Iwannaknow2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join