reply to post by gunshooter
tabasco will be worth its weight in gold if teotwawki happens!! and mustard better have horseradish in it or it aint mustard
serious not, do people realize the energy and water needed to prepare "beans and rice".. i say it aint worth the trouble
a realisitic,tasty and cheap shtf food list:
1. canned chili with beans..(tasty, has meat, garlic, onion, chili powder, already cooked) just open can and eat!!
2. canned pineapple. high in vit. C ----so no scurvy
3. pringles..mmmm yummy and light weight and many flavors.
4. pepperoni ravioli (i like chef boyardee) tomato, garlic, onion, tasty and already cooked!! no water needed here either
5. honey, loads of honey [preferably raw] I implore those unaware to learn about this priceless food and its benefits. I dare say NO FOOD can touch
honey's nutrient value
6. corned beef hash. potatoes are tastier than been if you ask me
7. any other canned fruit or canned pie filling has real berries which are very valuable
8. baked BBQ style beans. once again . NO WATER NEEDED
9. spam --i know, but hey when i lived in pearl city, I learned how much hawaiians use it. and they are pretty good sized dudes.
10. buy a few gallons of bleach..one gallon can treat tons of water
11. buy vinegar!! organic apple cider vinegar for its SUPERB benefits, and white vinegar cause it can be used to cook AND clean things from clothes to
dishes to floors to bathrooms..
12. baking soda
MY POINT IS sure buy a 50 lb bag of rice, i have a couple. but seriously consider the WATER and ENERGY needed to prep both beans and rice. along with
any other dried food