It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange on ISS feed...anyone know what it is?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I cannot tell anything from that movie. It is mostly blackness except for your computer screen making an appearance for a split second.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a8476e8bb41.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

It is at :55 seconds that the screen goes black...and the red thing is at :56. The rest of it is nothing. Try watching it full screen and going frame by frame. I wish I knew how to get a still pic from the video...do you know how to do that?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I do not know how to go frame by frame, but if you do just pause it on the relevant frame and press the Print Screen button your computer. Then open up Photoshop, Photopaint, Paint Shop Pro, or another image editor and you can open up the captured image there and save it out.

I am enclosing a jpg that shows how to open a screen capture in Photopaint 9, the procedure will be similar in other paint programs.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fbb0fce5b41e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

OK...thanks! I'll put it up as soon as I finish

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

OK....here is a still of what I'm talking about. It happens very quick, and the screen went totally black just before this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/abea7f59bcce.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
that is, by far the best and most interesting screencap of this phenomenon i have seen.

personally I dont limit my understanding of organisms to what we find on earth surface and I believe these little things to be comparable to space bacteria.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BornParadox

Have you ever seen this before? It's quite large....it looks like some kind of beam or lightning (but no lightning in space:lol
It is probably some kind of camera artifact....it's just that I have never seem it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I cant explain it in full scientific detail, but it makes sense in my head that the universe is full of organisms with various molecular bases that do not need to exist within the confines of the surface of a planet. "Habitable" is limited by the understand of what "habits."

What makes me think this way is also because I'm pretty sure the scientific field has not taken a persuit of understanding this phenomenon and why it occurs in space as well as the fact that they only appear in digital video recordings as red, blue, green or white/yellow. ever.

And... I think you will see them most in the time just before or just after the ISS passes onto the dark side of earth. Dont quote me on that but I saw them a lot back when I would record days of ISS video.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yes! You are exactly right.....that happens every time the ISS is in darkness, Just like the kalidoscope-like lights occur each time they are ENTERING sunrise. But this red thing is different from what I have seen before. It is huge, and I have never seen it look like that....usually it is a very small flash of blue, red or yellow light.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I am mainly trying to show here that I dont believe this to be a CCD capturing/bleed artifact but is "something" being caught on camera.

I took your screenshot into Photoshop and changed the levels to kind of ultracontrast the artifact in paticular.. Looks very very very interesting.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ec5a2b99db1.jpg[/atsimg]

Trying to show the main "body" of the object here
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff7da4b3ee62.jpg[/atsimg]

Playing with the contrast and levels further this inner blobby looking structuring appeared.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0aba26587dc4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Oh WOW! THAT is interesting! it definitly has a "core".....I will try to see if I can capture the same thing again....if and when I do, I will post it here....I'll try to see if it happens at a certain time etc.....but like I said....I have NEVER seen it before, and I have watched it almost every day (even if it's just 5 minutes a day) for a couple of years now....

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Watch the photo/scene at 4:10~ in this vid taken aboard the ISS (includes reference # so you can see the photo is unaltered). It basically shows that either we have saucer-shaped spacecraft up there or there are ETs in Earth's orbit (and learning from my father, who was in the NSA for 27 yrs, I can safely assert that the answer is both).

PS glad your Mom is doing better, Kat, and I like your new avatar.
edit on 30-4-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Thanks Legend, for the video and the compliment!
I saw a couple of those before, but not all......very interesting to say the least.I have been checking out video to see if I can find something similar to the "red thing".....can't find anything like it so far.....still looking though!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

You're welcome. I like Mr. Smoochy's look too.

Let me help you here. I won't give up until you're satisfied.

Here's 2 theories I have so far.
1) It could be a plasma lifeform www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Plasma Life Forms in Space:
An international scientific team has discovered that under the right conditions, particles of inorganic dust can become organized into helical structures which can interact with each other in ways that are usually associated with organic life.

2) It could be a seeding UFO (as I showed in my last post the ISS is involved with UFOs) www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Well...the first thing I thought of was some kind of plasma. I see flashes of light all the time when I watch the live feeds....they are usually blue, red and purple and pretty small. This is the first time I have seen it this big and in that shape. I'm not sure if that's it or not.

**While reading the article on plasma....I saw this.....

"Plasma vortexes (know as "chakras" in the metaphysical literature) caused by the helical movement of particles entering the bioplasma body."

*Jets or beams of collimated light that issue out from these vortexes which evidence a plasma discharge (similar to what issues out of a plasma gun)"

You know what those 2 sentences made me think of? The Norway spiral!.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Well...the first thing I thought of was some kind of plasma. I see flashes of light all the time when I watch the live feeds....they are usually blue, red and purple and pretty small. This is the first time I have seen it this big and in that shape. I'm not sure if that's it or not.

I was going to say perhaps the anomalous object was actually small and the ISS camera zoomed in 100x... but
(A) I noticed that the frame is cut horizontally (hence the object is sheered on the top). So it couldn't have been a zoom in since only 53% of the frame changed (if it zoomed then the entire frame would change).
(B) The frame's split is not at the exact center (I measured it in pixels) so it can't be something from another camera that came through, otherwise the split would be down the precise center.
(C) The frame also blinks, but doesn't attempt to envelop 100% of the camera's screen nor does it have a start point at the bottom. It just appears from nowhere and attempts to go nowhere.

Given A, B and C...I am thinking it was a millisecond glitch (not due to the anomaly but due to the frame itself). Let me know if you're not satisfied and I will continue investigation for you.

Btw I looked over some your vids. One was from the ISS looking at clouds. I think you'd like this very curious photo from the ISS then (taken over Africa) upload.wikimedia.org...

**While reading the article on plasma....I saw this.....
"Plasma vortexes (know as "chakras" in the metaphysical literature) caused by the helical movement of particles entering the bioplasma body."

*Jets or beams of collimated light that issue out from these vortexes which evidence a plasma discharge (similar to what issues out of a plasma gun)"

You know what those 2 sentences made me think of? The Norway spiral!.

Good possible connection. The 'Norway spiral' occurred over Russia and New Zealand just last month. I think with all the coronal mass ejections going on right now that there are many electromagnetic and plasma disturbances on Earth (of course the spirals could be caused by HAARP or wormholes and other things, too).

PS regarding plasma: 99% of the total mass in the universe is estimated to be plasma so there may be many more plasma life forms than there are biological ones. This is a very scary fact to some (especially in these forums)...so I decided to accentuate it with an evil laugh.

edit on 3-5-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join