It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy struck TWICE by lightning..Walks away (Video)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Really sucks to be this guy - hopefully he doesn't end up as another Roy Sullivan:

Between 1942 and 1977, Sullivan was hit by lightning on seven different occasions and survived all of them. For this reason, he gained a nickname "Human Lightning Conductor" or "Human Lightning Rod". Sullivan is recognized by Guinness World Records as the person struck by lightning more recorded times than any other human being.

He was struck INSIDE his pickup truck, INSIDE his ranger station, and other more mundane places. Some (also depressing) amusing lines from his wiki page:

Although he never was a fearful man, after the fourth strike he began to believe that some force was trying to destroy him and he acquired a fear of death. For months, whenever he was caught in a storm while driving his truck, he would pull over and lie down on the front seat until the storm passed. He also began to carry a can of water with him and believed that he would somehow attract lightning even if he stood in a crowd of people.

...Sullivan was struck by the sixth bolt, injuring his ankle. It was reported that he saw a cloud, thought that it was following him, tried to run away, but was struck anyway.

Crazy stuff...sadly he eventually took his own life. I guess it either had to be that or the lightning, though...
edit on 4/30/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Found this which proves it is a fake:

Notice how the surroundings are lit up exactly alike during both strikes. In fact, compare the light on the trees to the light in the video before the strikes. You'll see someone just upped the contrast/brightness to make it look like a lightning strike.

They forgot to remove the car's shadow as well.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
He stops in his tracks right before the bolt comes down as well.

Looks fake to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
He seems to be limping away. If this is real, then after awhile he should be getting used to it. "Thank you sir, may I have another". Thanks for the post, unique sights on this site, that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Nah, I;ll go with it being a fake. The parked car in front of the strike has a full glass window in back, and there is no reflection at all of the light when the first bolt "hits".

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It`s fake,made with an Adobe After effects plugin called camera POV.
They even used the default settings.

img683.imageshack.us...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Lol. Poor guy.

I hate to admit it but the sheer bad luck of that cracked me up. It makes you wonder what he was doing just before that happened. Defacing churches? Assaulting grandmothers? Biting the heads off of kittens? Working as a lobbyist for big oil?

I hope he is ok, and I agree. The guy should buy a lottery ticket.

Amazing video. Thanks for finding and posting it.

Edit to add,

Good catch on the shadow between the cars. I think you are probably right that this is a hoax in light of that. Which is good. Now I wont go to hell for LMFAO at the poor guy.

edit on 30-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Fake or not this is hilarious...........ZAP..........

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

ha ha ha ha
I can't help but laugh I'm glad he's alright,it just looks like something you would see on the Simpsons..........unbelievable
Do you know where this happened,and when?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Damn! That is freaky!!!! What are the odds??
Then he just gets up and walks away!! I w3onder if he had any damage from it?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
I would have to say fake because he is walking between tall buildings trees lamp posts etc the lightning will usually go for the highest structure.

No. Lightning will always go where there is least resistance. It doesn't matter how tall the structure is.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symer

Notice how the surroundings are lit up exactly alike during both strikes. In fact, compare the light on the trees to the light in the video before the strikes. You'll see someone just upped the contrast/brightness to make it look like a lightning strike.

That's proper debunking.
I wish I could give 10 stars for that.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just saw this other video today too.

The very next thing I saw was this thread..I was expecting to see the video above. IS this one debunkable?

At least the first guy in the OP has revealed the size of his carbon footprint.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

That actually looks real. Don't see anything odd about it. I'm not gonna go over to forensic mode about it thought

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc938d2d6672.jpg[/atsimg]

If you look at the light from the lightning, it is somehow miraculously coming from the camera area and lighting the, what would be, dark sides of the trees away from the lightning strike.

HOAX! Dump it into the hoax bin. I work in the film industry and we do lightning strikes all of the time. I can spot a fake a mile away.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

You are right, that is fantastic debunking. It was a great fake. Except for that stupid car shadow.

And I was so busy watching the great part I missed it.

I like how they even put in the carbon on the ground. And the lightning was awesome too. It does make you worry about anything you see on TV though. Its getting so easy to fake reality you really cant believe what you see at all on the screen any more.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Nice work but does it prove a fake?

I'm not convinced one way or the other yet.

Good work tho!

Thanx

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Nice bit of debunking, it's certainly a fake.

Take a look at a real CCTV camera catching a guy getting hit by lightning while pumping his gas and compare the two videos; Caught On Camera: Man Struck By Lightning

Not only do the shadows not change in the presence of the lightning strike in the fake video, you also don't have the CCD of the camera being overwhelmed by the lightning or any blooming effect (an oversaturation in the presence of strong lighting).

The lack of any news coverage just cinches this as a hoax, someone's attempt to get a viral video going. At least it was funny to watch.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Nice work but does it prove a fake?

I'm not convinced one way or the other yet.

Yes. Yes it does.

That is all.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i wouldnt mind getting into a game of poker with him

but seriously, hit twice by lightning in one minute???
no way

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join