It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herbal remedy Ban- in force today!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Herbal remedy Ban- in force today!

www.bbc.co.uk

New European Union rules come into force today banning hundreds of traditional herbal remedies.

The EU law aims to protect consumers from possible damaging side-effects of over-the-counter herbal medicines.

For the first time, new regulations will allow only long-established and quality-controlled medicines to be sold.

But both herbal remedy practitioners and manufacturers fear they could be forced out of business.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Please sign the Avaaz petition below to do your bit:

www.avaaz.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:

Herbal Medicine Wil Be Banned From April in the EU
Europe To Ban Hundreds Of Herbal Remedies
CBC Attacks Herbal Medicines
Chinese medicine and herbal ban to see Britain defy EU laws Read more: www.metro.co.uk...
edit on 30-4-2011 by vagabondrobb because: link broken

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Another step closer to granting the multinational pharmaceuticals a total monopoly on our health.

Herbal practitioners are being quietly but forcefully pushed out of the picture, which is not only dangerous for them, but for us too.

The whole philosophy behind modern medicine is backward and driven by greed. Pharmaceuticals is big business, a capitalist enterprise, competitive and selfish. Drugs are created to treat symptoms, not causes.

Traditional methods focus on preventing illness.

What global corporation which profits exclusively on the consumption of it's drugs would ever want to prevent illness?

What can we do?

Avaaz.com

The EU Directive erects high barriers to any herbal remedy that hasn't been on the market for 30 years -- including virtually all Chinese, Ayurvedic, and African traditional medicine. It's a draconian move that helps drug companies and ignores thousands of years of medical knowledge.

We need a massive outcry against this. Together, our voices can press the EU Commission to fix the directive, push our national governments to refuse to implement it, and give legitimacy to a legal case before the courts. Sign on the right, then forward this campaign to everyone, and let's get to 1 million voices to save herbal medicine:

Please sign the Avaaz petition found at the following address:

www.avaaz.org...

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-4-2011 by vagabondrobb because: link fixing

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This world is really starting to # me off !!!!!!!!

2nd

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by vagabondrobb

Fight it. If it means filling up jails with innocent people. Fight it. You have to draw a line in the sand and tell your government HANDS OFF or you are not truly free.

Because once established and accepted in the UK, this ban will move here to the US.
This is a very bad direction to take us in.
You cannot remove every possible health hazard from people or we would not have trees and foliage allowed in public places. What of the fact people experience things differently?
What may be bad for one is good for another.
People have no freedom to trust their own instincts and attempt to cure themselves?
This is a just a very clever way to funnel all people through a regulated medical network to closely monitor, inoculate and control them.
It also feeds the existing pharmaceutical industry their "pound of flesh" as they will never want for customers. Especially when permission to seek out alternative medicines, grandmothers remedy and make yourself well is removed, people will get sicker.
They are rich and powerful enough to be behind this whole thing.

Hang onto your liberty to seek out alternative medicine. I should say original medicine not "alternative" medicine since herbalists and medicine men and women have been curing people with their techniques long before modern pharmaceuticals and the AMA put them out of business by jailing, mocking and even burning them at the stake. Do it our way or burn. That was the "alternative."
Enough is enough.
edit on 30-4-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'll tell you all something that you may not understand. Mother Earth provides us with remedies all around us. You do not need to buy them. You do not need to buy most of what you buy. Stop it. Stop being part of this insane, unethical, immoral world and start taking responsibility for yourself. Don't ask anyone. Just simply do it. Go back to understanding the Earth and her soul. You don't have to become a hippy tree-hugger. But the less you take from the man-made world, the less you'll need to heal in the first place. Cut out processed food of any description until you're totally detoxed. This will take at least a couple of years. Cut out TV and (sorry!) music. Learn to listen to your Self, your heart, your soul. Know yourself for the first time and then see how angry you are about this stuff. It doesn't matter unless you're still asking permission to be alive. If you engage in institutional education, standard business practice, or gather "information" by standard means, you're asking permission to live. You are not sovereign. You alone live your life. Live it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
ive had enough the whole world is going down the pan, thank goodness my BOB is nearly ready just need to get some antibiotics....here in britain i check the map to find safe areas to hide out,then it dawned on me, britain is an island ive nowhere to run, its just another very big outdoor prison....

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by iWokeUp

2nd
I have to agree. With all the corruption and cover-ups I read about on ATS...this thread just really ticked me off big time for some reason.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CanYouHandleTheTruth

It makes you wonder when the rest of the populace will collectively say they've had enough.
It's bull that they can cram all of our food with chemicals and then demand that we choose to take more chemicals to recover from our chemical-induced illnesses..

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You might also want to fix your first link to Avaaz.org, you put .com. And may I recommend everyone help with that petition. It seems to be going well. Over two hundred thousand in the first 24 hours. PEOPLE POWER B**CHES!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanYouHandleTheTruth

You might also want to fix your first link to Avaaz.org, you put .com. And may I recommend everyone help with that petition. It seems to be going well. Over two hundred thousand in the first 24 hours. PEOPLE POWER B**CHES!!!

Finally something concrete to do. Would you be able to fix the link for us?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Order seeds for anything you might want before the seeds themselves are included in the ban.
All the best and have a good one.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Link is fixed, thanks!

Avaaz ban petition

edit on 30-4-2011 by vagabondrobb because: adding a link

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by vagabondrobb
www.bbc.co.uk

The EU law aims to protect consumers from possible damaging side-effects of over-the-counter herbal medicines.

Like We're seeing so many people keeling over dead from natural remedies.

Yeah. Protect Us! Protect Us! Geez, when will We rise and insist We're capable of choosing things for ourselves!?!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by vagabondrobb

Link is fixed, thanks!

Avaaz ban petition
Actually, you didn't fix the one I was talking about. You have written:

What can we do?

Avaaz.com:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by iWokeUp

2nd

You are not the only one. If I had a way off this planet I would take. There is a day coming when all the OTC things you buy now will only be sold by prescription. The end of all OTC items is on it way.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Ok, I see! That wasn't intended as a link, there was another one after the extract. Have linked it now anyway, makes sense!

Thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Start searching through the internet for Home Remedy's!!! There's millions of good one's out there. Free of charge.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
But tobacco is just fine.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Tell me about it ! Sometimes i wonder if joining ATS was a good thing or not. Every day i just feel like we are fighting a loosing battle

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
people should be rioting in the streets over this...the time for waiting around for the fascists to roll back the wave of control is over, and it is time to march on the people that are robbing us of our natural human birthright to nature's bounties...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join