It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained childhood memory. Pre dawn 20 years ago!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
G'day all, ive been considering creating this thread about my experience since long before I signed up to ATS (was lurking for about 3 years) but have hesitated cause I, well, simply can't explain it. If questions are raised I'm not sure I'll have the answers but I'll do my best to explain my memory. Afterall it was 20 years ago! 

I was eight at the time and prior to it happening had never had an experience at all close to the events of that night. Can't recall exactly what time it was but know it was pre dawn on a summers night and the moon was out as my room was illuminated enough for me to make out shapes in the darkness. I was awoken from a dream, much of what I don't remember apart from flying like superman.

When awakened I was lying on my side looking at my doorway which was slightly ajar. It happened very slowly but I remember the door opening without aid, or so I thought. I noticed nothing make contact with the door but once it was fully open a slim figure about 4 feet tall    with an oversized head came through the doorway and approached my bed. I was instantly petrified and shut my eyes tight hoping it was a dream.

A couple seconds of thinking to myself "get the f**k away from me" I felt a great comfort over my body and gathered enough balls to have a peek! As I did I saw my door slowly closing, once again without aid, and that was that. A couple of minutes passed with me trying to come up with answers to what had just happened until I noticed it was not pre dawn anymore... The bloody sun was up! Confused as I was, I convinced myself no matter how real it felt, was all a dream and tried my best to forget it all.

I heard my dad in the kitchen making breakfast so I got up probably more to feel a greater sense of security. Despite feeling that sense of comfort during the happenings, I'd pondered about it so much afterwards that as an eight year old the unease crept back. I was having breakfast with my dad and having almost forgotten about it we both suddenly heard my younger brother crying. Didn't seem like such a big deal as he use to wake from nightmares quite often so I just guessed that was the case as my dad went to check on him. Now here's the funky part!!!!!

I heard my dad go into my bros room and after about 5 seconds of whispers my dad suddenly with a raised voice said " what the f**k is that". I froze, almost knowing what he was seeing, related somehow to my experience as he was not one to swear infront of us kids unless we were in trouble haha! I was dreading the truth and as my dad carried my bro out into the dining area I noticed something completely out of the ordinary. Shirtless, my bros back was half covered in a strange blue substance with a kind of shampoo like texture. Was some s**t outta the twilight zone that whole morning, and upon investigation found no substance whatsoever in our house that matched the odorless slime.

Was kinda funny after that as after a family discussion with a few ideas thrown around (even a couple of the paranormal kind) it was kinda dismissed with a chuckle and nothing more really said. About a week later the "bloo goo" made another appearance on my bro again. He had no explanation and doesn't remember a thing. I never mentioned it to anyone till a couple years ago but even my dads memory was a bit vague. Pretty strange stuff huh.

I'm a believer in ufos etc but am still on the fence whether we get visited and make contact until I see it with my own eyes. Being so young back then I wasn't really aware of this kind if stuff so doesn't really count for me. Be great to hear if anyone has had a similar experience or an explanation as to what all of it could have been. It's been two decades since that night and it's stuck with me the whole time. Don't think I've ever had a dream I can remember from that long ago so makes the mystery that much more a mystery. 

Look forward to your thoughts ATS. Thanks for taking the time to read my thread.
edit on 30/4/2011 by TOMFROMOZ because: Some dudes eyes hurt

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Pretty interesting story there, man, I've had some experiences like that which I'd probably go into if I had the time. Might post them later. But, blue goo? That's pretty freakin' crazy.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TOMFROMOZ

Thanks for posting your experience for us. These type of real-life experiences are where it is at IMO, accounts of strange happenings.... Unexplainable stuff as you aptly put it, straight out of the twighlight zone.

There is so much out there that we are not aware of. Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I really wan't to read but when it's in big block's it messes with my eyes so could you stretch it out a bit.

Thanks

edit on 30/4/2011 by YoungMind92 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for changing it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
That is an amazing story, this is the first I've heard of the blue goo being left behind. It a shame your dad didnt get it checked all those years ago.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

When thinking back to that night every now and then, I wish we did get a sample and have tests done. I guess my bro was pretty freaked so dad was more worried bout bathing him to clean it off. In saying that though, happening a second time round Id say as a dad now myself, I would be looking into it. But that's me. Thanks for your reply.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Wow, Sounds like you had some visitors.

Was that the only time this happened or did it occur other occasions.?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92

No probs! Hope you enjoy....

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Visitors, who knows but for me it was the first and last, not even a UFO! Apart from the bloo goo, the point where it was suddenly after sunrise is the biggest mystery. From my first visions after waking, till the point I realized it wasn't dark anymore, felt like no more than 5 minutes. But the bloo goo stole the show! I guess my fears for myself were quickly forgotten when I saw my little bro like that. I'm very protective of my family as most people would be and cause he was alot younger I feared more for him.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by endgame211

Feel free to do so would love to hear bout them if you get the chance.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Yes, I see where you're coming from. I would be too scared to say anything especially being so young and confused.
It would of been incredible if you're father managed to take a sample. Have you spoken to you're bother about his experiences?. Or if he has any encounters to this day.?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

A couple years ago we spoke about that night but him being only 4 has no recollection. Haven't really questioned him bout any possible experiences other than that but im catchin up with him tomorrow so I'll have to do so. If anything interesting is said I'll be sure to post it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Please do I will be very interested in what he has to say.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I have had strange memories of past occurrences that I look back on for answers,as a child you have no reference to what is normal,so something you think is normal may not be.but having blue stuff on you is not very strange indeed.

I remember when my daughter was 4yrs old and she was going through the night terrors at the time,we were living overseas.On one particular time she awoke around 3 in the morning and let out a blood-curdling
scream,it raised the hair on my neck,I ran to her room and she wasn't in her bed but in her closet with the door shut screaming in complete terror.What was strange was you had to be on the outside of the closet to shut it fully(it was completely shut) it was a folding door otherwise if you were inside to shut the door you would have had to stoop down and pull from the bottom to shut the door and I know she would not have done that herself.So, how it happened I don't know...........I sure most people have strange things that have happened to them in their past but this is one that stand out for me.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Whoa freaky! Reading that made the hair on my neck stand up! My daughter is four now so I can relate in that sense but fortunately I've never seen her go through anything like that. I'd be beside myself.
Thankyou for your post.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Interesting story.

Can you recall what the blue goo felt like? If it was cold or warm? Was the whole bed covered in that blue goo or your brother only? As for a explanation goes i have no freakin clue.

S&F for sharing and pleaase irgnore the sceptics who will show up eventually.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

Can't say I remember touching it so no clue but I'll quiz my dad bout that one and hopefully he'll remember. As for my brothers bed, there were slight traces on the sheets but the majority on himself. Obviously not the case but was almost as if it was coming from him as stupid as that sounds. My reluctance to post this story in the past is cause it's so bizarre and couldn't be bothered listening to the skeptics but hey I'm not lying whether they think I am or not so they can do their worst. Cheers for reading.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

It freaked me out at the time,like you said you look back at those things as a child that didn't make sense then,do make more sense as an adult,or you can at least see them more clearly.I have to say I'm glad my daughter did not have blue goo all over her.Has your brother or yourself feel the need to investigate these memories now?Do you or your brother have any strange recent memories? Have you felt the need to investigate them further?For myself and my daughter(22yrs old now)I would be interested in seeing a hypnotherapist,just to explore a bit more.anyways after being on this site for awhile...... what is normal anymore?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Ive always wanted to delve a bit deeper but since all evidence is long gone there's only so far I can dig. Hypnotherapy is a great idea, and something I've thought about before. Maybe I could get some answers as to my experience and could possibly resurface atleast a memory of my brothers cause as I said he remembers nothing. You're right about this site but in saying that, these happenings are all around us everyday, this site is a good place to make others aware of these things which might otherwise be kept quiet. I will definitely do some investigation and post any results in this thread and hopefully answer some of the questions you have all asked.
Cheers again!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Out of curiosity do you remember if there was an odor coming from the blue'ish ooze? Back in 2008 a friend described something similar happening, but it was during his adult life. He described the liquid material having the smell of bromine. His account was pretty detailed and it was obvious he believed something had happened, but the story sounded too far fetched. Honestly I'm still not sure what I make of it. I'd love to hear more if you can remember any of the details. Thanks for sharing your story.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join