It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima - The US populance has moved on/doesn't care

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
I believe that the media has been given orders to not sound the alarm over this in hopes of preventing widespread panic over radiation fears in the US.

I've felt the same thing, jrod. GE built the reactors and they own a chunk of the media. This kind of total media blackout on this story is really stunning! I've felt the same things the OP mentions in her lead. I spent many hours reading and watching videos about the particulate polution coming our way and then I talked about it to as many people as I could - and all of them - except my mother who appreciates my insight - thought I was making it up. This is truly nuts!! Our water, milk, crops, wildlife and us are getting a daily dose of radiation. This is probably the biggest, most impactful story of our time - and no coverage by the media.
I think that the ptb know that it's going to get worse every day - there's nothing that can be done - so why scare the sheeple?? I, for one, would rather know the truth than be "protected" from it.
edit on 1-5-2011 by galacticgirl because: spelling

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized

My parents went to visit family in another state last week. I asked my dad if Japan or Fukushima came up in conversation during a visit that lasted a week. It wasn't even discussed.

That's the fundamental difference between survivors and cannon fodder. Those that are awake are buying Geiger counters and determining the sources of their veggies, other foods and milk. Those that are asleep will absorb and store the poisons -- at least for a little while. I can't imagine what the cancer rates are going to be.

Gotta tell you, most the veggies around here come from California. It's been difficult finding other sources.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If you don't have enough money to buy a Geiger counter, you can take small steps to protect yourselves against radiations.

First, wash your clothes, things, and yourself with baking soda. It removes radioactive particles. You drink it and it protects your kidneys from radiation.

Eat Rosemary as much as you can. It helps in repairing damaged DNA, which isn't bad.

Take 15 minutes a day to exposes your wrists to the Sun. It will give you naturally a rare vitamin that will help fight off 4 types of cancer.

You can put Iodine on your skin. If your body needs it, it will absorb it through the skin, and help protect your thyroid gland, and give your body the tools to make much needed work. To help in the absorption, and use of Iodine, take selenium. You can find it in foods like Brazil Nuts.

There is also Prussian Blue that is a magnet to radioactive particles that can be in you body, but you have to ingest it. You can obtain it with a prescription for Radiogardase. But don't count on this one, and be careful what you do with it, if you go and purchase Prussian Blue. Not recommended as there is not much info about it.

About Radiogardase

As you can see, anyone with a restricted budget can use these tricks for protection against radiations.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I understand what you are saying but I don't think that is true. Per usual, the U.S. pitiful MSM decides what we should hear and read. From what I read on blogs, find out from whom I speak to, etc, I do believe that there is a high level of interest. Of course the jingoistic knuckle-draggers don't care, but they are a very small minority.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
SIMPLE QUESTION: Even if every person in America was on top of this situation, and knowledgeable about it... what do you expect people to do? What good is all this internet hand-wringing?

When will you to visqueen seal your windows? And for how long? And what's the purpose while those Reactors are spewing poison... and is expected to do so for years, or decades? I have four 100' rolls of plastic in my shed but I/we still have to breathe the air.

How about stockpiling food? I have several years supply if I don't share with others who didn't... or die of radiation first... But when it's gone what do I/we do? The world's food supply will still be totally contaminated for years and decades (or longer)... and eventually I/we must eat it too.

What about water? I have a well and a back-up generator and 200 gallons stored in plastic barrels besides, but when that runs out, or becomes contaminated, there's no choice except to drink whatever water is available.

And there's a great garden out back, and greenhouse too, with plenty of spare seeds; but I presume that the veggies are already contaminated, or soon will be; and since I'm out working in it, I presume I'm contaminated as well... or soon will be. The radiation will just keep on coming, won't it?

There's guns and ammo to protect what I have, and the ability too, but with this future there aren't many percentages in doing that either, especially when a bullet is kinder than dying of radiation or induced cancer... Take a look at the pics on the main thread. So what's the point in planning for life?

And fuel, there's 200 spare gallons stored behind my shed to be used at any moment to Bug Out, but to go where? And for how long? I already live in the country but every place is the same when death falls from the sky.

In troubled times I've lived a long and full life and will admit to some attachment to it. But even though I'm right with God and His World, can I expect "Faith" to protect me from radiation poisoning? And the 'luck of the draw' is pretty much out the window with radiationing poisoning too.

You see, I'm a survivalist and a damn competent and well-prepared one as well, and I plan to survive long under difficult and dangerous circumstances. But what is the point to living that life when our world is being filled with radiation and we'll live long enough to watch everything else die around us?

What does anybody think they can do about this? If the answer is "nothing" then worldwide denial is the appropriate response; and is not just the best answer, but the only answer. This mess is just beginning, we're not even 2 months into the rest of our life with something that will continue indefinately and likely just get worse.

In addition, as the situation grows more desperate, men of action will be forced to take desperate measures with "hail-mary" acts and hopeless prayers for success. Why wouldn't China decide to take a chance and nuke their neighbor rather than see their country (and the world) destroyed by Japan's burning trash pile?

Soon will come a tipping point where desperate action will seem reasonable to desperate men, regardless of however crazy it (or they) appear. And meanwhile, it's safe to predict that things will go from bad to worse very quickly and probably very soon. Murphy will supervise this I bet.

Frankly it's not difficult anticipate the demise of all life in Japan over this disaster and that's the price they've paid for nuclear folly. But pretty steep cost for the rest of us as well.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: add content and correct spelling

edit on 1-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: spelling

edit on 1-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
I'm posting this link -

first of all I'm hoping there are some weather buffs here as I don't have a clue about these things but this guy is going scatty about this - he says he's always been into weather and he's a real buff but hasn't seen this in his life.

radar.weather.gov...

That's not a map of radiation, but a 'regular' weather radar map.
He must have been getting freaked out about the storms.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Why is it so important to anyone that the US population show deep, ongoing concern for something over which they have no power?

of course they dont care! disasters happen, but were only human. Im pretty sure every other country (aside from japan) has moved on.

When new Orleans was hit, im pretty sure the whole world didnt make it their buisness to "care" in the months following. Human beings live busy lives, we have things to do that dont involve being swept up in media hysteria.

This thread seems sort of... redundant

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I was thinking about this helpless situation, and after a bit of brooding on it, if more people were to sit down and say "fix that reactor now or we're sending our own military in whether you like it or not", that would probably make them take it much more seriously.
Now that the MSM is not covering it, they can cut as many corners as they want and take their sweet ass time-- no one will know (or care)
edit on 5/1/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Here's the latest info on the plant units;
spreadsheets.google.com...=51

source : www.guardian.co.uk...

You're not alone questioning the updates on Fukushima or lack of in main stream media - this disaster doesn't just disappear overnight, something is definitely being covered up for sure...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brown Bear
SIMPLE QUESTION: Even if every person in America was on top of this situation, and knowledgeable about it... what do you expect people to do? What good is all this internet hand-wringing?

When will you to visqueen seal your windows? And for how long? And what's the purpose while those Reactors are spewing poison... and is expected to do so for years, or decades? I have four 100' rolls of plastic in my shed but I/we still have to breathe the air.

You start using the visqueen when the radiation count goes to unsafe levels. You use it as long as unsafe levels of radiation exist. Just like you filter air into a bomb shelter. Minimize exposure to maintain quality of life.

How about stockpiling food. I have several years supply if I don't share with others who didn't... or die of radiation first... But when it's gone what do I/we do? The world's food supply will still be totally contaminated for years and decades (or longer)... and eventually I/we must eat it too.

If you can't find uncontaminated food, switch to aquaculture under a greenhouse environment. You have to use uncontaminated inputs or purify those inputs. Every environmental issue you ignore can and possibly will harm you.

Long story short ...... if you don't take care to minimize ingestion/inhalation, you will most likely live a short, miserable existence.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

Why is it always about the US? I don't remember giving you the go ahead to speak for me so don't act as if you know how i or anyone else feels about it. I get tired of threads like this where the OP acts like he knows what everyone is feeling & thinking.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyson

You start using the visqueen when the radiation count goes to unsafe levels. You use it as long as unsafe levels of radiation exist. Just like you filter air into a bomb shelter. Minimize exposure to maintain quality of life.

How about stockpiling food. I have several years supply if I don't share with others who didn't... or die of radiation first... But when it's gone what do I/we do? The world's food supply will still be totally contaminated for years and decades (or longer)... and eventually I/we must eat it too.

If you can't find uncontaminated food, switch to aquaculture under a greenhouse environment. You have to use uncontaminated inputs or purify those inputs. Every environmental issue you ignore can and possibly will harm you.

Long story short ...... if you don't take care to minimize ingestion/inhalation, you will most likely live a short, miserable existence.

I think you've missed the point. You' apparently presume that the outpouring of radiation will stop at some point in the future. If you know what that point is then please tell the rest of us. Even aquaculture uses water and air, both of which are steadily being contaminated.... and already consumed by us.

I'm also surprised to see you mention "quality of life" when there could very easily be no "quality of life" that anyone would recognize as such. But if you can survive you're welcome to whatever that nightmare might be...

Ultimately this situation will become so bad, and the calls for action so loud, when it's realized that the spewing forth of radiation MUST be stopped action will be taken. Do you see any potential solutions mentioned on that horizon? Somebody will decide to seal the location off with nukes. What other option is there???????

When that happens will be a good time to seal up your windows for a couple of years, or maybe longer, or maybe not even go to the trouble at all if you don't have food and water stored and even less hope.

Us Oldsters lived through the "duck and cover" years with plenty of time to contemplate death by radiation (and life with it) and have no illusions about it.. If you expect you can live in that world, or even want too, then you're welcome to it.

At what point do you think the world presently being irradiated... will magically become unradiated? And what do you think will stop that from happening in time to matter to you? A "short miserable existence" as compared to what? A long miserable existence. Think more about the long and the short of that story.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: add content

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I highly recommend that anyone concerned about Fukushima follow Dutchsinse on youtube. He is currently traveling around the country with his geiger counter, taking readings and posting videos on his findings daily. Check it out!

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Great point! Thanks to whomever pointed it out!

Next time I hear someone want to tax me for my 'carbon footprint', I am going to dive head first into a deep debate about charging the coal companies for their "mercury footprints", and the gov't + nuclear companies for their "plutonium footprints".

Now that I start thinking about it, there are all kinds of "footprints" on my property and physical body from all kinds of corporations.

Wiki wiki on the wall, give me a list of the criminals.

The largest corporate producers worldwide, with plants in numerous countries, are BASF, Bayer, Braskem, Celanese/Ticona, Degussa, Dow, DuPont, Eastman Chemical Company, ExxonMobil, INEOS, Mitsubishi, PPG Industries, SABIC and Shell, along with thousands of smaller firms.

Thank you wiki. Let's toss in Monsanto too.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

The problem is the MEDIA. They dictate which catastrophic events they will show on their screens which than effect the public. When the media start covering what they're supposed to that is when we can make a change worldwide.

But it stands now that we are at war with the big corporate media which is controlled directly by the government.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
No I think its just. theres nothing we can do about it. I think planet x is a bigger threat. even though the cancer will kick in 5-20 years I think we have much less time.

planet x tyche brown dwarf call it what you want to but this is causing earth qukes

www.kometen.info...

gustavomuler.fotografiaastronomica.com...
users.telenet.be...
6888comete.free.fr...
gustavomuler.fotografiaastronomica.com...

elenin is next to tyche
www.eutimes.net...

lanl.arxiv.org...:+elenin/0/1/0/all/0/1

The Elenin will continue intensifying the Earth's very strong seismicity until August-October, 2011. Approximate forecast of earthquakes based on my discoveries is feasible. This demonstration proves my hyperresonator concept, arrived at earlier as a mathematical-physical solution to the most general extension of the georesonator concept possible

sites.google.com...

spaceobs.org...-1682

elenin is 1.842 au away 1.00 au is 94 million miles away. if elenin is only 3-4 km wide it shouldnt be this bright.
www.youtube.com...

if its only 3-4km why does it block out the sun on sep 26-27 2011 there is some thing the msm isnt telling us.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well all I can say is get an education, I've been in the nuclear field for 13 years. If there was a concern you wouldn't be able to shut me up. However, there is no
Concern for the us right now. Quit being a chicken little and chill out.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NEWclearMind
Well all I can say is get an education, I've been in the nuclear field for 13 years. If there was a concern you wouldn't be able to shut me up. However, there is no
Concern for the us right now. Quit being a chicken little and chill out.

With people of this intelligence and "education" in the nuclear field... what does the world have to worry about "right now"??? I happily picture this person with a mop and a bucket swabbing up leaking water... and laugh at the thought. "What, me worry."

But I suppose that anyone working in the Nuclear Industry would need to nurture a permanent state of ignorance and denial as a requirement of the job.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: add content

edit on 1-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: content add

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I just had a strange thought. a really strange thought. perhaps it has already been mentioned.

is there a theory thread on why all these earthquakes could be happening?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It does seem like the the MSM has moved on from the perils in Japan and most notably the ongoing catastrophe known as Fukushima. However, what good would it do to ruffle feathers of the Joe Six Packs? Mass panic would not be in anyone's best interest. Most people react quite violently and chaotically in the midst of a catastrophic situation. Most recently, I became aware that people have already begun to loot, and I can only imagine the other sinister acts taking place that have not been reported after the tornadoes in the South.

Even if they told everyone the cold hard facts about the nuclear incident in Japan, would it make the radiation levels lower or more safe? It is what it is. So lets bang pots and pans and howl at the moon in our neighborhoods to enlighten the sheeple as they remain in a slumber? Chances are we will be labeled downers and doom-and-gloomers. The calls for attention will fall on deaf ears, because everyone wants to party and watch sitcoms. All you can do is try to lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

This is an important story as well as all the ongoing calamities taking place from economies on the brink of collapse to natural disasters. Yet, the news is being thrown around about birth certificates, blue blooded weddings, and other fluff. It is truly maddening for those of us that are in the loop, but apparently people are interested in that kind of thing? I personally believe we are witnessing the world coming apart at the seams. There is a excrement storm on the horizon, and many are in for a big surprise.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join