It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima - The US populance has moved on/doesn't care

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I agree with this, however, the lack of information is more fear inducing than complete transparency, it looks like they are hiding something. The Government should tell what they know and tell people how to take precautions, anything else is negligent.

Also, who would have given the order? And what does that tell us about the collusion between government and msm.

S for you.
edit on 4/30/2011 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

I feel the same way! I have not been able to find ANY news on Fukushima without deliberately searching for it using a search engine, and yet, when I do finally find news, I find that the news is getting worse, not better.

I think either you are right, and there is a deliberate conspiracy to keep things quiet to not cause panic, OR, we are so jaded about "disasters" that most people have moved on.

But either way, this is serious. I guess they figure, they can't relocate everyone, so why scare them.

But it reminds me of the web bot predictions - ill winds killing billions of people - I am thinking they could be right, especially since nobody is DOING anything about it.

I mean, I think the world community should be asking people what can we do?? They should be soliciting advice.

At the very least, TEPCO should be required to give daily updates and keep us informed on what is happening, and the daily radiation levels, AND our government radiation levels should be available for all to see, on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well Boon, running and hiding would certainly not be a helpful thing to do in this case, but that doesn't mean people should stick their heads in the sand. I'm not saying you are, just generalizing the obvious for the majority. My friends and family listen, and agree and are concerned. They are not doubting the truth I've shared with them of the danger and conspiracy of it all, but I believe feel about as helpless to affect the situation as any of us do.

It's just crazy that we hear how people are so concerned about the financial straights we are going to leave to our children, grandchildren etc, but the notion that this and other (preventable) nuclear contamination that will persist for many many generations to come is a frisbee over their heads.

Regardless of whether people want to hear it from you or not, I say keep on telling them. Perhaps create a data sheet with easily searchable sources. It's about all you can do, even with that in hand, it will likely end up in the garbage.

I suppose if you delivered the information with a suggestion of what they could do with it to make a difference they might be more open to it, BUT we would ourselves first need to know what that is.

edit on 4/30/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

It is a bit alarming for people like us and fellow ATSers. However for the average American sheep, they seem to have forgotten. As long as they can still watch their favorite TV shows and get super-sized at McDonald's they won't care.

The fact that any news on the plants and live radiation data is extremely hard to find sets of alarms in my head. I just hope it doesn't get so bad that one will have to move to the Southern Hemisphere to escape the fallout.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Does the news report on the Oil Spill anymore?
Does the US populace care?

We get drive-by news in this country, once a new story begins, another ends. Once we get distracted by birth certificates, and weddings, real news is covered up.
edit on 30-4-2011 by CoolStoryMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Yes, case in point...

When the Fukishima Nuclear Disaster first started, and especially after # 3 blew...
Many were pulled out of the comfort zone, shocked into the brutal reality that massive

Radioactive Contamination

was now added to the list of TEOTWAWKI...

People I know that hardly are interested in anything beyond the ordinary were visibly shaken.

They even notice the deafening silence by the MSM.

Take for instance, just two days ago the highest levels yet of Radioactive Contamination
were recorded at Fukishima. Yet, there was hardly a word of it anywhere!

I even had one person - one of those that usually rolls eyes at me...look me up, and ask me
What is going on? The Media is all but silent?

When I told them that Fukishima was reporting the highest levels yet finally the light came on

The U.S. is being kept purposely in the dark.

edit on 30-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
morons bought up all the iodine tablets, then went back to sleep after suckling on the teat of Jerry Springer.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
While I would say that, yes, it would seem the majority of people have moved on it is also true that people do care when you bring something up to them. They only care in that they show concern and move on but they do care. I think the real problem is that it's dam near impossible to do anything about it unless you're in Japan. We could take prevention measures to help protect ourselves against radiation but that's probably about it. I care. But I can only care so much when there is little I can do to change the situation. Otherwise I'm just causing myself a great deal of stress for no reason.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Im listening!! My airline is trying to force its staff to fly & overnight there. Alot of people are scared. Cabin crew & pilots are already radiated enough, without adding any more!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by angrydog
its the same everywhere..people dont care anymore...

well I would have to slightly disagree
with that statement.

Yes I care but have realized there is nothing
I can do about it unless I just move completely
underground and live in a bunker for the next
3,000 yrs or so.

Plus, that bunker would already have to be stocked with food, and have an unradiated water and air supply. It's in the air, the ground, and the sea. Therefore it's in the food supply. No matter how much we know it's there, we cannot stop eating, drinking, and breathing.

It comes down to - what can anyone do about it anymore?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You need a silver bullet to kill a werewolf, a wooden stake to kill a vampire, and atomic weapons to destroy nuclear reactors and fuel rods. Consume the radiation and stop the melt downs. It isn't as if we have any other options,

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The average "big news story" lasts about 72 hours in the press, once that time limit has been reached, no matter what additional information or threat may be presented, the American public completely loses interest.

It's shorter than 72 hours if there is an unexpected booting from American Idol or Dancing with The Stars before then.

It's the same with Haiti. Over a year later, nothing has really been done to help these folks, but even the anniversary barely got a mention in the US media. The fact that pretty much nothing has been done since the earthquake has been ignored completely. If it wasn't for activists like Sean Penn, even the small mentions that it gets in the media wouldn't occur.

Don't even get me started on New Orleans since Katrina.

The media simply move on to the "next big story" and the public move right along with them, regardless of whether, as is the case with Fukushima, there is a major threat still going on.

Oh, look! A wedding !

The attention span of the average American has recently dropped from 45 seconds. Marketing companies are now working on 15 second commercials because the average American can't focus for longer than that.
edit on 30-4-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm getting the same thing here.

Nobody around me gives a damn. They roll their eyes, cut me off mid sentence, poo poo what I'm trying to explain to them, etc and don't want to hear about it. Then they start talking about something else. It seems like the only thing they are concerned about is the devastation that the actual tsunami caused... I think that's because they can actually "see" it. Radiation on the other hand cannot be seen, smelled, tasted, etc.

And it's going to continue to stay that way unless they literally see one of their neighbour's skin melt off of their face.

I feel like I'm surrounded in a sea of mindless robots and I can picture myself standing outside in the middle of my street screaming at the top of my lungs in frustration at this point.

*sigh*

Now I just keep all info to myself.

How disgustingly sad is that ?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i'd be willing to bet most have forgotten there was even tornadoes yesterday. people here certainly could care less about anything other then the next hockey game.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
They don't care precisely because the news isn't talking about it. It's getting really old, telling people what's really going on in many important matters(I don't include any speculation, only verifiable facts) and they look at me like I'm crazy. The way they say "conspiracy" is sickening. "hello? I'm telling you facts. Nothing about my beliefs in conspiracy." sometimes I'll tell facts I read in the mainstream news. They give me the same response.
Fukushima is worse than Chernobyl. Give it a year or two and the mainstream news might finally say it. Right now they just aren't talking about it. I read the news everyday. The silence on this disaster is deafening.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
and it's not americans fault. they've been programmed by everything their entire lives to be apathetic.
the news turns apathy into a joke. "oh americans dont care care" then they sit there like, yeah you're right I don't.
it's all a joke.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized
One other comment that I've received that really irks me is "you read too much"... seriously? That comment could be a thread of its own and the underlying ramification of that type of thinking is just too d*mn scary.

It seems that not only do we now live in the world of "1984" but also in the world of "Fahrenheit 451" as well.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
The way they say "conspiracy" is sickening.

Tell me about it.
I'm apparently a "conspiracy theorist" now because Fukishima is still leaking radiation.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This member has the same idea:

OMG! This Is Huge!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by Hessling
started on 4/30/2011 @ 02:19 AM

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by Finalized
One other comment that I've received that really irks me is "you read too much"... seriously? That comment could be a thread of its own and the underlying ramification of that type of thinking is just too d*mn scary.

It seems that not only do we now live in the world of "1984" but also in the world of "Fahrenheit 451" as well.

dont forget a brave new world. we are surrounded by so much it drowns out what we should be really aware of

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join