It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home invasion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
On April 5th, my husband and i were woken up by 3 men who had kicked in our front door.. Two had guns and 1 had a taser. They tazed my husband twice in their effort to find any money and proceeded to tie us up.. After a mere 8 minutes.. it was over and we were left tied up on the floor.. In the end.. they took nothing but our sense of feeling safe in our home..

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by catiscurious

Here is the story since I know the OP.
calgary.ctv.ca...
Here is another source.
www.cp24.com...
edit on 30-4-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by DrumsRfun

What is a "high risk" lifestyle that would lend one to have their door kicked in at 2:30 in the morning?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
terrible stuff, this is about my worst fear right now beings that a couple of these happen around me every year at tax time and during the summer. seriously thinking of buying bullet proof vest/mask to go with that boxing equipment i been preparing on.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Doesn't have to be a "high risk lifestyle" it can happen to anyone.Sorry about your troubles OP hope you can find a sense of security in that home again.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Don't know the local ordinances on small arms but you and your husband may want to purchase a couple go to the loacl fireams clubs and learn to use them then sleep with then under your pillows or within hands reach.
Also an alarm system on the resdence including ground survailence
For ongoing cost a mastif, doberman or another of mans best friends trained to recognize threats and warn the household may be of some assistance

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
the previous tenant was into alot of bad things.. we, my husband and i believe that they were looking for him.. Unfortunately for us.. we have 2 dogs, which they attempted to tase also, plus security system. It goes to show you, if someone wants in your home they will get in regardless. Sad thing is, they took absolutely nothing!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The guy does flooring and the girl works at a grocery store.
You tell me??

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Locks are for honest people and security systems are....well I will spare you that rant.Whoever did it will push their luck until they are caught or shot.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Reply to post by DrumsRfun

Since the linked article specifically mentions targeting those with a "high risk lifestyle" I figured there might be something to support that.

Otherwise it would just be sloppy reporting trying to put peoples minds a ease or get them thinking "I don't have a high risk lifestyle so it isn't my problem" when the reality is that it can happen to anyone anywhere at anytime.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I think the police report was making a sweeping generalization of the people in the area.
By the way welcome to ATS OP
edit on 30-4-2011 by thatonedude because: edit to add

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Wow...... my sympathies to you and yours.

Thank you for posting this as it serves to remind everyone how quickly things can change and how it can be something completely unprovoked or considered.

So glad to hear you all are okay! That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. May you and your husband be stronger now.

Hope the police catch these young men very soon because they are only in their 20's and apparently just starting a very selfish, chicken-chit, evil career of taking that which they are too lazy to earn on their own. Someone needs to shoot them next time it happens.... that'll make them think a bit.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Sad thing is, we both are quiet people, we go to work and come home.. We dont live a high risk type of lifestyle?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

They probably scoped you out ahead of time and deemed you "low risk"to any resistance because of your quiet lifestyle.Not trying to scare you but people like this usually plan ahead.I can almost guarantee you they won't come back.
ETA-Just read your above post the previous residents were probably dealers their not gonna bother you anymore.

edit on 30-4-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I'm sorry to hear, but glad to hear your husband, yourself and your pups were unharmed. Makes me sick that people are doing that in a country like this.

And hopefully those guys get theirs. Non contributing fu*ks

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Here is the story since I know the OP.
calgary.ctv.ca...
Here is another source.
www.cp24.com...

Many people on this site prefer to maintain their anonymity.
Maybe she doesn't mind, but it just seems odd to me that you are the one who has now shared her address and the occupation of her and her husband.
Seems to me, that should be something that she should share if she wanted to.

^^Aside from that- Sorry about what you went through and glad it wasn't worse.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Meh...their probably moving now anyway.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Sadly this is becoming more common. It happened to a family not far from where I live.At 6am the family was getting ready for the day when a drugged up idiot forced his way into their home and shot the husband when he tried to stop him. Fortunately the teen girls were able to call the cops and he was caught. Turns out he was freshly released from prision and was drugging it up, he had robbed a drug dealer and was trying to hide from him. They just sentenced him to 23 years in prision.
I keep a suprise for jackwaggons like him next to the bed. They will have a hard time tasing my dogs. With the bedroom on the second floor, by the time they get in they will be facing a locked and loaded pissed off home owner if the dogs don't get them first.
I hope that this doesn't happen to you again. You might want to look into some deadbolts for your door.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
We have a little gun, bear spray, pitbull and a security system.. unfortunately, when things happen that fast.. access to them wasnt possible.. Other than feeling safe in our home, we are slowly healing.. If someone wants in your home for whatever reason.. they will regardless.. Hope u dont ever have to experience that in your home

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

She made the thread...not me.
I only added sources because she didn't know how.
Don't shoot the messenger.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join