It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Petroleum (BP) In Trouble AGAIN...CONSPIRACY Cover Up Involved!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

BP Releases Toxic Pollution in Texas City…Again

www.allgov.com...
Posted: April 30, 2011

So here is an article that just surfaced today on the web about BP getting into trouble after being caught discharging a vast amount of pollution over its Texan residents.

Along with a refinery operated by Valero Energy Corporation, BP’s Texas City, Texas, refining operation has once again polluted the air of local residents, this time with a discharge of 150,000 pounds of pollutants.

The releases by Valero and BP were caused by power troubles that forced the companies to shut down their operations. Texas City officials said the emissions did not reach harmful levels, although residents were warned to stay indoors following the industrial events. Some residents reported experiencing health effects, and at least 25 people went to the hospital.

Initially, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) reported the level of chemical emissions maxed out the monitoring equipment at one point. They later announced that their testing device had malfunctioned and the readings were invalid. The possibility that the TCEQ is not capable of properly monitoring toxic emissions came at an awkward time for local politicians, who are trying to fend off the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as it considers stricter rules for emissions monitoring.

So with that article in mind, GET THIS...I also discovered a possible COVERUP CONSPIRACY which has surfaced prior to this article...not sure how it works but check out the following link to the article:

Authorities Give Conflicting Accounts of Latest Toxic Releases From Texas City Refineries

www.propublica.org...
Posted: April 28, 2011
Updated: April 29, 2011

Update, 4/29: The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality now tells us that it conferred with the manufacturer of its monitoring equipment and believes its data on high levels of contaminants were inaccurate. “Our hand-held monitor indicated the presence of air contaminants in excess of the equipments detection limits. These readings have been determined to be invalid,” agency spokeswoman Andrew Morrow told me. Morrow said the agency still believes that the order for residents to stay inside was appropriate.

Now you can't believe that these readings were "invalid" or "inaccurate". What garbage. This corporate giant is definitely threatening someone to keep these findings on the low profile. Thoughts on this ATS members are welcome!!!

edit on Sun May 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Again this wouldn't surprise me.

I live in FL and we get a lot of people from the west coast and gulf area in my area and they have told us how they keep trying to shut them up over there. Many people are sick or are having reactions from the BP spill last year!

There was a couple that came in and they were telling me they are offering money to them so they don't talk. She said in some areas the smell is STILL there on the beaches! They have pretty much moved over here because she was having breathing problems going outside. She said it's really bad how they are covering up a lot over there and it's been a year.

These companies should pay big time for what they are doing to these people. They don't seem to care about any kind of life unless it is their own. So maybe we should put all of them in these zones and see how they like it!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I just finished reading skywatcher2011's thread about a polluting plant in India that the protesters set 7 people on fire. Maybe we need to import a little Indian street justice to this country. After a BP managment barbeque crap like this would stop.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
I just finished reading skywatcher2011's thread about a polluting plant in India that the protesters set 7 people on fire. Maybe we need to import a little Indian street justice to this country. After a BP managment barbeque crap like this would stop.

Although I wouldn't personally advocate for that sort of justice, you have to wonder what constitutes fair punishment. Yes, I agree that BP is responsible for the deaths and downhill trend in health of those affected by their operations, there needs to be stronger regulations implemented against those operations management and executives responsible for its own actions. Accountability is huge. Money doesn't solve the problems, it only perpetuates the problems stemming from the actions of the operations.

new topics

top topics

join