It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dissocitaive diagnostic affect test:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I've just ran in to the most awkward and puzzling I've taken, ever.

well - it is interesting, but more interesting is the creator - you follow enough links backward and you get this:

www.hypnoid.com...

Story of the Test:

There has been way more interest in this thing than I expected (since I expected zero) and some people have asked what it all means. Here's the essentials: I created the first one for a client who paid me and then basically fell off the radar...

...Because I'd signed confidentiality agreements with them, they threatened to... well, these people are Austrian and so they are very skilled at expressing displeasure. I decided to just lay low and plead ignorance...

...But then the client broke off all contact. Their website is impenetrable. I have gotten absolutely no acknowledgement of the invoices I turned in. I threatened to share the rest of their tests unless they responded... but no luck. So to make good on my threat, here's the new one...

which leads you to this: www.deathstargiftshop.com...

I finalized the job with these German scientists today… except that they’re not really German they’re Austrian, and they’re not really scientists, they’re doctors. Actually, these people are a bit annoying; my excitement has already waned...

...But only now are they realizing that they have to move into the digital age. I got the script and will come back with a quick proof of concept in a few days. Dr. [ Brarely?? ] (her accent made it sound like she had a mouthful of cheese), said it is ‘vitally’ important that I reproduce the experience of their crappy 16mm movie as closely as possible. I told her I could improve the image quality and she totally snapped: “You will do it exactly our way!” I don’t think she is used to people who talk back to her. This is why doctors get on my nerves; they’re all trained to think they’re God…

the blog is interesting - because I can't tell if he's serious - or starting a story...

but then there's this link: www.deathstargiftshop.com...

(also this - his online portfolio) www.hypnoid.com... There are two companies that offer psych tests represented in his portfolio

huh... anyway - not here to to derail your thread - I just like to know where stuff comes from :-)

here's mine:

Often concerned with right and wrong, and punctilious in expressing it, you are best represented by the Customs Agent or the IRS inspector. Initially seen by others as cold or uncaring, you are difficult for those more spontaneous members of society to understand. You are extremely stable, responsible and dependable. You manifest an amazing ability to concentrate on the issue at hand, and are difficult to distract from issues that are important. You manifest a great sense of loyalty to your employers and your government. You tend to show love through a display of committed works, believing that actions speak louder than words. You are also resistant to change and tend to believe that the old ways are best. If a behavior has been successful in the past, why would anyone want to change? You work best in a controlled environment.

and second:

This individual has rejected the world and yet is still tormented by the world. Wants release and escape most, of all and so may be best approached in terms of mutual disgust at the quotidian nature of existence. This client has decided, perhaps unconsciously, that the outside world requires too much effort to succeed and so has in some sense given up on hopes or dreams of progress. In its place is a strong desire for comfort and pleasure. Will easily trade a possibility of future success for comfort and security today. Such a client is easy to manipulate into a life of simple drudgery as long as there are not too many demands made upon him.

I'll admit - I woke up kinda crabby today, but - yikes. We always think we're funner than we really are I guess :-)

I have no idea how a designer could also be qualified to create psychological tests - or was it the evil Austrian doctors that put this together...?

real or not real - I don't care - some of those were the scariest questions I've ever been asked directly

:-)

very interesting

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Verbally and mentally fluid, you are refreshing and illuminating to those around you. This is occasionally somewhat discounted by the obvious pleasure that you take in exercising your mental acuity. Although generally peaceful you can often take a verbally aggressive tact in relations with the world, which can often be misunderstood by those around you. Innovative in the extreme, you can often think yourself right out of the correct answer to a given problem. Many times you are referred to as your own worst enemy. You tire very quickly of routine and so make poor clerks or administrative help. You also have no respect for authority and little patience for those you regard as inferior, most especially those in charge. Experimentation is your watchword and can occasionally lead to experience for its own sake and shallow decadence. Your thought can sometimes be scattered and disconnected.

Pretty Interesting... S&F

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

This is a blatant Barnum statement, flattery and generalization that a large percentage of the population would agree with. You just got a cold reading from a computer..

did you read mine?

:-)

just sayin'...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I got even more lovely results from that second test:

An uncompromising and yet often unrealistic individual who is likely to be disappointed by the world in direct proportion to his or her age. Demands that reality and one's ideals mesh, and believes that any complexity that makes such a union impossible is somehow false and hateful. Difficult to work with, a client such as this may be addressed by appealing to the dissatisfaction he or she feels with reality. Such a client is actively looking for an escape from personal issues and problems but the stress of this decision is causing an unstable and unaccostomed indecisiveness. Problems seem more and more insurmountable as the stress increases.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The only thing disagree with is the math. I am not to fond of numbers. I am, however, occasionally accused of being a grammar Nazi. I do tend to see the world in black and white. Sometimes people do things that give me mental whiplash, like when I read a headline of our newspaper that over 60% of Christians support torture. Spun my head around and stopped me in my tracks. And I do admit to being a bit messy sometimes.

Thoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming, or mathematics. Manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of a sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of a normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are often left until the last possible moment, if at all.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Very very weird! here goes nothing.

My diagnosis:

You reach out to the world and pull in experiences of all forms and kinds. Spontaneous, immediate and active, you have a natural tendency to win, whether this is in the business world or on the freeway. In the right context this can be a positive encouragement to those around you. In the wrong context it can lead to a pathetic display of ego and misplaced pride. You are always on the prowl for clues as to how to win. Usually this behavior is unconscious or playful but the sense of play can rapidly disappear if you are found to be losing in the aforementioned contest. Only those who don’t compete are met with derision. You love to be the center of attention. The moment at hand is always of prime concern. Worries about the future or the past, or abstract discussions of philosophical matters are something for others to concern themselves with. Emotions are fleeting and often used as tactics.

this test is non-sense...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
That was the weirdest test that I have ever taken and answered many of the questions with a bemused shrug or a quizzical raise of the eyebrows, and yet, the result was somewhat unnervingly accurate. Some of it a little too close to the bone for sharing
afterall one doesn't like to leave oneself open to the same follies of character too many times
Having checked through, no-one has anything similar, not a good one for sharing maybe.

A bit odd that one, not sure I wanted to know, should've read the small print first I suppose. Oopsie!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You are in a perpetual quest to find the new, the exciting. Emotionally volatile, you are known for sudden changes of opinion, of appreciation, and behavior. Following rules and established methods is difficult for you and the difficulties of higher education are usually quite daunting. Knowledge is best gained through an intimate association with the matter at hand. Usually driven by attitudes and desires of the group, you are talented in an established field of endeavor. Emotions come and go without a strong understanding of their causes. They are unexpected guests in an otherwise placid landscape. You live by your own codes of conduct, which can be noble or terrible depending on the individual. Authority is meaningless to you. You hate to be predictable, at all costs. Rarely verbally effusive, you can at times feel as if your feelings are too deep for words. You are very observant, but rarely express these observations to others.

Weird how it's true.. they were just random things.

Gotta say, I am a little intrigued...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

You are the only one so far that had the same result as I did....weird test but, glad to see someone else answered the same way.

I'm off to see what the second part is about.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is an ingenious test, it is about ones relation to the ego.

My result, I would say 60-70% accurate:

You have a poetic sensibility and an ability to see beyond the day to day. You often seem to be living in a higher realm, or to be not-of-this-earth. Occasionally you imagine interior lives for friends and associates that are near-complete fabrications based on your fears or hopes for the future. You are often not aware of your own feelings. You have a strong sense of right and wrong, and because of this are often disappointed. Despite what can sometimes be a destructive inward-turning anger, you are very gentle. You are sometimes a bit out of touch with the ebb and flow of modern life. If your behavior is out of synch with your moral values, a severe psychic disturbance can result. Because connectivity is so important to you, you can become quiet and sulky if you feel that others around do not understand your point of view.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You need to help others and to be thought of as a generous and kind individual. Often you are taken advantage of and regarded as simply part of the scenery. You work best when handling the work yourself; you do not appreciate a managerial role and tend to be uncomfortable in that position. Friendship is important to you, but it is generated on a personal basis, rarely a professional one. Consequently, family life is very important to you, and is often the most important aspect. Because of a strong sense of propriety however, you will sometimes consider the eccentric behavior of your friends and family as a personal affront. Often you find it difficult to speak up about personal anguish or pain, feeling instead that it is something an individual should bear in silence. Tradition is important to you, and you feel a sense of belonging when operating within the constraints of a predictable routine.

Partially correct? Good concept, poor execution.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Forer Effect.

Everyone taking the test needs to be familiar with the term "Forer Effect." Wikipedia has an excellent article on the subject. Such knowledge as can be gained by looking up that term will serve you for the rest of your life.

~IR

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Thoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming, or mathematics. Manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of a sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of a normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are often left until the last possible moment, if at all.

Anyone that's had to deal with me on this board is probably nodding their heads as they read this. My whole existence has recently boiled down to trying to unearth the exact nature of reality, and the experience has been like waking up to the cyborg that I've always been deep inside. To be honest, I would've never suspected that this would be an accurate description of me before this pursuit began, but after the last couple years, this is the only result that makes any sense at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join