It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian Civilians Wounded in Israeli Attack on Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Link - Democracy Now

Several Palestinian civilians have been wounded in an Israeli military attack on the Gaza Strip. Israeli tanks shelled an area near a refugee camp in Gaza earlier today. The victims included two children. The attack comes just two days after the Palestinian factions of Fatah and Hamas announced an agreement to form a unity government and hold general elections.

It appears as if Israel has attacked Gaza again. I'm not going to formulate an opinion just yet. Not untill I find more information.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Link - Democracy Now

Several Palestinian civilians have been wounded in an Israeli military attack on the Gaza Strip. Israeli tanks shelled an area near a refugee camp in Gaza earlier today. The victims included two children. The attack comes just two days after the Palestinian factions of Fatah and Hamas announced an agreement to form a unity government and hold general elections.

It appears as if Israel has attacked Gaza again. I'm not going to formulate an opinion just yet. Not untill I find more information.

“Israeli tanks fired shells at terrorists and hit them as they were about to place explosive devices near the security barrier” between the Gaza Strip and Israeli territory, a military spokesman said."

Just Israel defending itself by attacking terrorists again
occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

From the same article.

Witnesses said the Israeli army fired at least three rounds at an area east of the Al-Bureij refugee camp, wounding several Palestinians.

Thats a responsible thing to do. Fire shells near a refugee camp.

Medical workers said four people including a woman and two children had been taken to a hospital with slight injuries.

Those are the victims of Israels attack. I don't see a confirmation that any Hamas militants were killed. I assume non were. The question I pose now is if no Hamas militants were killed or injured, why were civilians?
Here is the Israeli version of events.

The Israeli military confirmed the incident, saying it targeted fighters “identified as planting an explosive near a border security fence” and that “uninvolved civilians were apparently injured in this incident”.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

Those are the victims of Israels attack. I don't see a confirmation that any Hamas militants were killed. I assume non were. The question I pose now is if no Hamas militants were killed or injured, why were civilians?
Here is the Israeli version of events.

Now now, it was a mistake surely. A terrible mistake.

It's ok though. There will be an investigation.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Of course, Israel assures us that they never fire at anything except "terrorists planting explosive devices near the fence."

'Course, they never explain what the point of these "terrorist" activities might be. I mean let's be honest. How useful is it to bury "explosive devices" in your own backyard? Especially in plain view of your enemy? Certainly when you know that the area's full of potato farmers, gravel collectors, and kids that the Israelis love to shoot at, too. especially when you, the terrorist, probably have access to you know, rockets. Or bomb belts. Or... I dunno... wire snips.

And we're left with the mystery... what moron fires a tank shell at this other moron who's throwing away his own explosives... and misses? has Israel bagged one of these "terrorists planting explosive devices near the fence" yet? Seems to me that these dudes are pretty tough, if you need to fire a tank at them, and they walk away unhurt.

Alternate theory; Israel is just firing wildly into Gaza. Just like Hamas - and with as much tactical success as Hamas.
edit on 30/4/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
How useful is it to bury "explosive devices" in your own backyard?

Very useful to kill people with
"According to a report by Homeland Security Market Research in the USA, the number of IEDs used in Afghanistan had increased by 400 percent since 2007 and the number of troops killed by them by 400 percent, and those wounded by 700 percent. It has been reported that IEDs are the number one cause of death among NATO troops in Afghanistan."
afghanistan.blogs.cnn.com...

And we're left with the mystery... what moron fires a tank shell at this other moron who's throwing away his own explosives

Who was throwing away explosives?
idfspokesperson.com...
www.militaryphotos.net...
dover.idf.il...

and misses?

How do you know that they missed?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

I question your choice of impartial reporting.

A Homeland Security report, two IDF sites and a video that had been removed due to Terms of Service violation.

top topics

join