It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's Sovereignty is at stake this election: Prevent "Deep Integration"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I've posted this in reply to a couple of other threads, but I think it's important enough to warrant it's own thread.

Over the past few days you've heard Harper complain that the NDP has opposed every trade deal the Conservatives have been negotiating. Well, there is a good reason for that.

Harper's Conservative government is in the process of secretly negotiating "deep integration" with the US government. If Harper gets a majority, this deal gets passed. If he gets at least a minority, we can stop this deal. The well-respected Ralph Nader even took it upon himself to write a personal letter to Harper asking why this important negotiation was going on IN SECRET, with absolutely no public debate. Read the letter and a follow-up article also by Nader, and then tell me this election isn't important.

rabble.ca...

The designs of "deep integration" are reflected in your interest in purchasing F-35 fighter jets (already estimated at $29 billion by a Parliamentary office) that has no Canadian defence rationale but serves to help bail out the Pentagon's procurement mess with Lockheed-Martin's delayed, troubled and way over budget aircraft.

www.thestar.com...

Once the U.S. government’s national security scaffolding surrounds Canada, many policy matters will become “national security” priorities. Canadian energy, water, the Canadian Arctic, anti-monopoly enforcement, and Canadian foreign investment policies could be subsumed under “national security” imperatives.

The early tangle of "deep integration" within the framework of a proposed North American Security Perimeter Agreement will wrap many Canadian concerns -- your Arctic, water, energy, anti-monopoly and foreign investment reviews -- in a bi-national security blanket to the disadvantage of both the Canadian and American people. The corporatist lobbies and what President Eisenhower warned Americans about in his farewell address 50 years ago -- "the military-industrial complex" -- will favour this lucrative and anti-democratic initiative.

I'd like to post the whole article, because what's at stake here is nothing less than Canadian sovereignty. Harper is counting on voter apathy. Don't help him sell out Canada. Please keep this in mind when you go out to vote May 2nd.

For more information on Deep Integration go here:
www.canadians.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Don't worry, everyone I know sees Harper as Canada's Bush. If he wins, it was rigged for sure.

Jack Layton FTW!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I am voting NDP for sure. I hope that Harper definitely does not get re-elected but I would be happy with a Coalition government if that is what it comes down to in order to prevent him from doing anything nefarious to Canadian sovereignty.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
the united states in talks with the north for 'deep intergration' along with a deal for MULTI-BILLION, multi-role and state of the art fighter jets!?
all while south of us was just in flames (thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...).

9/11, the middle east, egypt, lybia, japan and now this? i wonder where damage and deals will be made next?
i dont think this is a coincidence. its like we are seeing the pretext to exactly what the past has always led up to when great times came about. i also dont think i have to mention what that is

the super powers are making their (last) moves and every lesser source of power in this world is making their last grabs.
remember, the power will always have their toys first. the weak and poor always get the hand me downs.
i just wonder what (massively expensive) toys they have had along for the ride for all these years that they are not getting rid of and i also wonder what has really been abused without the peoples knowledge, whether that be falsifying things or just downright hiding them from the public.

there is a lot going on right now people. keep an eye out.
edit on 30-4-2011 by itisortofthetruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2011 by itisortofthetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Note from fascist (and dam proud) Alberta!!!! people vote to protect their own a** . Never underestimate the power of self preservation. You can lose a promotion for not voting REform errr Alliance ohhh sorry Conservative out here. Freedom has been nothing but a show in N America since 1913. Canada Is the good servant that didn't get to big for its britches. Now the city of london wants to consolidate its two fat brats. I hope
layton can Channel some magic he will need it.

edit to add Harper lost my vote at the G20

thetyee.ca...

In February 2003, the vice-president of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, in Canadian Senate hearings, said that de facto integration of Canada with the United States was here already "whether many Canadians realize it or want to accept it" and, anyway, we don't need "duplicate systems of approval."

edit on 30-4-2011 by MinorityReporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Don't worry, everyone I know sees Harper as Canada's Bush. If he wins, it was rigged for sure.

Jack Layton FTW!

But do you ACTUALLY Like Layton and the NDP's platform, or are you actually supporting them in opposition to Harper?

Also, you arent actually voting for Harper or Layton. You are voting for your regional MLP. What if you like your regional MLP (say, Craig Spears), but dont like the national party leader?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I see your point. A large portion of the general public votes in an election on the same level as your average American idol fan. Understanding policy dynamics is work. As we saw with Obama promising the sky will get lots of the stupid vote. Delivering on the other hand ... well we saw how that went "CHANGE!!!!!!" yeah right.

My vote in Calgary is only a statement at best. * Elizabeth May* GREEN your the winner.

The debate fiasco proved to me she isn't in the loop. Like Ron Paul has shown me always vote for the candidate they don't want you to hear.

cornwallfreenews.com... tario/
edit on 30-4-2011 by MinorityReporter because: add link

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Good and necessary thread. I've had nightmares about this since last November. Harper has sold us out for sure. His real policy is "distract and deceive". So much for his campaigning for transparency. Remember that farce?

But also remember that *liberal* Paul Martin signed onto the NAU deal too. (look up the 3 amigos video on TY where he admits our sovereignty will be affected.)

Please get out and vote everyone

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Harper, Ignatieff and Martin are traitors to Canada, that's for sure.

I will not be voting for any of them. Jack Layton has not been invited to Bilderberg yet, even if I don't like his platform, I'm still gonna vote for the guy.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Great, Vitchilo. I've just written to CBC to ask them to cover this open letter of Nader's. I would encourage others to do the same. The addy`s are thenationat (at) cbc.ca or POV (at) CBC.ca I know it's CoC`s warning should not go unnoticed. Does anyone have the CTV addy? Can you write to them or give it to me? For the sake of my children and future generations, I want to say I tried to do something, even if they ignore my request and could be too little too late. I feel so sick inside.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Good call just sent a bump to the CBC myself.

Unfortunately this is a little late. This is the part of the article that made me go

rabble.ca...

The designs of "deep integration" are reflected in your interest in purchasing F-35 fighter jets (already estimated at $29 billion by a Parliamentary office) that has no Canadian defence rationale but serves to help bail out the Pentagon's procurement mess with Lockheed-Martin's delayed, troubled and way over budget aircraft.

Here is the CTV contact: [email protected]
edit on 30-4-2011 by MinorityReporter because: add info

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MinorityReporter

For the sake of argument, why are the F-35's not in the interest of Canadian security?

Canada has a very large border to the north that, as the arctic continues to thaw, will only continue to be of vital national interests.

Should they being buying drones instead? Should they just rely on the US to defend them? Or is the idea that there is no need for a strong military?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

To my way of thinking, it adds what to our defense? According to what I've read about our NORAD agreement, US planes must go in first if a foreign craft is over Canada.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Not the point . The Tech is shoddy and proven unreliable Canada is buying into a boondoggle. A Canadian bail out for the military industrial complex.

www.defensenews.com...

Thanks for an excuse to bump the thread Incredulous

edit on 30-4-2011 by MinorityReporter because: add link

edit on 30-4-2011 by MinorityReporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
good points, both of you.

thanks for the reply.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

The plane does not answer the needs of the Canadian military. Yes, we will need new fighters in the next 10-15 years but there are certain criteria that need to be met. First and foremost a twin-engine plane is preferred as there are not many airfields to land in the Arctic. A single engine can fail but two engines failing on a jet is very rare. But that is only the beginning. The F-35 has been plagued with problems since the design stage. It is an expensive plane that falls FAR short of its performance projections.

All I want is an open bidding process. There are other jets out there than are a good fit for Canada's military (ie the Superhornet).

The only reason Harper wants the F-35 specifically is because it props up the military industrial complex that lost a lot of money on this lemon and needs countries to buy it so they don't take a huge loss. And it will come down to ordinary, middle class tax payers that have to foot the bill if this deal goes through.

top topics

join