It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-INDIVIDUALS: Pakistan Says It Captured a 'Most Wanted' Al-Qaeda Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Pakistani military forces have captured a 'most-wanted' al Qaeda operative in a raid in central Pakistan, Interior Minister Faisal Saleh Hayat said Thursday. The Tanzanian (Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani), who was sought internationally, was captured "a few days back," and his capture shows "Pakistan is committed to fighting terrorism."

Reuters

DUBAI (Reuters) - Pakistan has arrested a senior al Qaeda figure with a bounty of up to $25 million on his head, Interior Minister Makhdoom Faisal Saleh Hayat told CNN television Thursday.

He said the suspect had been captured during a raid in central Pakistan a few days ago. He did not identify the captive but said he was "a person who is most wanted internationally."

Al Arabiya satellite news channel quoted Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf as saying the suspect was arrested Sunday.

"The Pakistani president said the arrested person is Tanzanian who is married to an Uzbek woman, and who is wanted by the United States," the station said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

CNN

RewardsForJustice.net profile of Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani

[edit on 29-7-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[edit on 8-1-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The Pakistani president said the arrested person is Tanzanian who is married to an Uzbek woman

Al Arabiya said the suspect may be Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani, a Tanzanian who is on the FBI's most wanted "terrorists" list for his alleged role in the 1998 bombings by al Qaeda of the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.

Ghailani was among seven people about whom the United States said in May it was seeking information amid fears of a possible attack in the near future.

Pakistan Says It Seizes Top Qaeda Suspect-Arabiya TV

Rebekka

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I thought when Ashcroft came out and named these seven people that he said they were believed to be in the US?

Am I remembering that wrong? Or is Pakistan the 51st state?

Maybe if they got one of the seven, some of the other six will be close by.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
I thought when Ashcroft came out and named these seven people that he said they were believed to be in the US?

Am I remembering that wrong? Or is Pakistan the 51st state?

Maybe if they got one of the seven, some of the other six will be close by.

Trains, planes, buses, automobiles.

These guys don't stay in one place for too long.

new topics

top topics

join